PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 17

ericbach:
Here is the version with a Time Filter added in.

Can be setup to prevents trades from starting up during certain volitile periods as NY news session. Havn't had the chance yet to really test it out.

The only problem is it does not close any prior open trades but runs them thru the close time period.

Would appreciated if anyone else can test this and share results.

Enjoy

I will take a look and see if I can make it close existing orders, and then I'll add it to the version on the first post.

Dave

ericbach:
For anyone thats interested, I've added a variable to close profits when certain amount is reached in account.

Everything else is the same.

Would like to next add a trading time variable to close trades during NY session and see what the results would be.

Enjoy
xxDavidxSxx:
On that note, if your gonna change things(other than settings) in Pacman please rename it.

Thanks for the contributions. But it already has this feature. (equity target) And it don't work to have it read the account profit/equity, I have done 4-5 months of forward testing both real and demo. If it is reading the account equity/profit, the losers will off set the winners and doesn't perform well.

On the other hand, I already posted new pacman with equity target fixed to just read the profit on the pair you place it on. Making it able to be placed on multiple pairs and still use equity target with success.

New version- PacMan_X is in forward testing stages now and will be realsesd soon. This one has better signals, equity target can be switched from using combined long profit and short profit equity target. Or individual long profit/short profit equity targets. Along with more features. I will be providing .set files with pre tested settings for conservitave, simi agressive, agressive, and scalping settings. ( I will run scalping settings on real account befor posted. fxdd will allow 4 pip target on euro$ and 6 on $ chf.)

But every version I realses is tested and currently running on real money. This is the reputation I'd like pacman to have. So many people post untested versions and ea's, and realy on the others to do all the testing. My goal is to provide a tested ea that has real money results, that some one can just turn it on and let it go. ( only turning off for NFP report.)

I'd like to keep from having half a dozen mod versions. If there is something worth while like the time filter you added, then I can implement it into the version thats posted on the first page. If I can't make the modifications, Then some one else can and e-mail it to me so I can update the first post.

But now anybody new to the thread will have to sift through all the posts to find certain "moded" versions.

I named it pacman and not bipoler mod version ...whatever, because it is annoying to have 10 modded versions, each with good ideas, but most of the time the ideas need to be all in one ea.

thanks

Dave

I have done some m30 back tests and the win% dropped 10% to 62% win rate. On m15 and 1h I get 72-80% win rate.

This would explain the poor performance of the new pacman on m30. Old pacman had near random signals, so it really don't matter what chart you use. But new pacman has more exact signals, revealing the faults in the m30 time frame.

Dave

I am going to have to put no trade days in too. No trade hours arn't gonna do what we want. Because you don't want to take a trade after NFP on friday, and chance a bounce from what ever move was made on nfp. I think shutting down on friday is going to be the best way to avoid the danger. But I'll leave the no trade time in it too. I'd like to have it not trade the first friday of each month. (thats NFP).

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Thanks for the contributions. But it already has this feature. (equity target) And it don't work to have it read the account profit/equity, I have done 4-5 months of forward testing both real and demo. If it is reading the account equity/profit, the losers will off set the winners and doesn't perform well.

On the other hand, I already posted new pacman with equity target fixed to just read the profit on the pair you place it on. Making it able to be placed on multiple pairs and still use equity target with success.

New version- PacMan_X is in forward testing stages now and will be realsesd soon. This one has better signals, equity target can be switched from using combined long profit and short profit equity target. Or individual long profit/short profit equity targets. Along with more features. I will be providing .set files with pre tested settings for conservitave, simi agressive, agressive, and scalping settings. ( I will run scalping settings on real account befor posted. fxdd will allow 4 pip target on euro$ and 6 on $ chf.)

But every version I realses is tested and currently running on real money. This is the reputation I'd like pacman to have. So many people post untested versions and ea's, and realy on the others to do all the testing. My goal is to provide a tested ea that has real money results, that some one can just turn it on and let it go. ( only turning off for NFP report.)

I'd like to keep from having half a dozen mod versions. If there is something worth while like the time filter you added, then I can implement it into the version thats posted on the first page. If I can't make the modifications, Then some one else can and e-mail it to me so I can update the first post.

But now anybody new to the thread will have to sift through all the posts to find certain "moded" versions.

I named it pacman and not bipoler mod version ...whatever, because it is annoying to have 10 modded versions, each with good ideas, but most of the time the ideas need to be all in one ea.

thanks

Dave

-------------------------------------------

Hi Dave,

The equity target you're talking is the setting "TargetequitytoCloseandReset" ?

In this case the default value, 0.23, is a percentage or pips to have a close equity profit ?

Best Regards.

guernica:
-------------------------------------------

Hi Dave,

The equity target you're talking is the setting "TargetequitytoCloseandReset" ?

In this case the default value, 0.23, is a percentage or pips to have a close equity profit ?

Best Regards.

Good question.

Actually its both. The target is a % setting. But I base the % on how many pips I want the first trade to exit at. Like 8 or 10 or 12 or 15. Because the signals we are generating on 1hr charts and lower, are only good for this many pips with any kind of accuracy. If you set the hard target to 10 and pip step of 30 with max trades 5 you'll lose alot of money on orders #'s 3,4,5,. If you use a lower pip step then max trades get opened easy and you run a greater risk of having the price run into never land. But by using a % equity target you can set the initial target to what ever pips amount you want. And when more trades are opened, it will take more pips untill either the equity target is met, or the hard TP is hit.

Now that I think about it, you don't need the hard tp at all. Its just there for looks. But really its there so the 5th trade can get out sooner. Because the 5th trade needs more pips than the tp allows to get the equity target. And the sooner we get out of that 5th trade the better. And the 5th trade isn't taken off of any signal, so expecting it to go more than 23 pips is too much luck and wishing for me.

I hope this thoroughly explains my methodology behind equitytargettocloseand reset.

In shorter terms...It increases profitability and decreases risk to account.

Dave

edit: for those thinking they'll set equitytargettocloseandreset at a large # like 10% or 20%(few hundred or few thousand), and when the accounts equity reaches it it will close all orders. It won't work. The way I described it is all its good for and all it was intended for. Now that it only reads the equity of the pair its on it will perform very well on multiple pairs. ( euro$, $chf, $cad recommended.) ( $jpy, $ausie not recommended.)

xxDavidxSxx:

thanks

Dave

Just want to add some extra protection and not to change the original pacman or create anymore confusion.

Whatever I suggest you can choose to add to pacman or not, thats your choice.

I was not aware the close profit account will not work on multiple currencies since all my testing has been done on single pairs per account setup.

The reason for it, noticed on some of my backtesting the account equity would sometimes go up and then start to back down again.

Having this setup enables it to lock into that spike up with profit before it starts backing down again.

If someone could make this work on multiple currencies per single account that would be great.

As for the time filter, been testing it and works fine not allowing any new orders from occuring. For myself thats between 8 to 12 NY Time. This is when the market is most volitile to financial news reports or anything else going on.

Will be forward testing this strategy and let you know how it turns out.

ericbach:
Just want to add some extra protection and not to change the original pacman or create anymore confusion.

Whatever I suggest you can choose to add to pacman or not, thats your choice.

I was not aware the close profit account will not work on multiple currencies since all my testing has been done on single pairs per account setup.

The reason for it, noticed on some of my backtesting the account equity would sometimes go up and then start to back down again.

Having this setup enables it to lock into that spike up with profit before it starts backing down again.

If someone could make this work on multiple currencies per single account that would be great.

As for the time filter, been testing it and works fine not allowing any new orders from occuring. For myself thats between 8 to 12 NY Time. This is when the market is most volitile to financial news reports or anything else going on.

Will be forward testing this strategy and let you know how it turns out.

I was adding the time filter and testing it. I made it trade 4 hrs each day. But if it has open orders and goes into a no trade time, it won't even open the subsequent orders when price runs off due to the very news your trying to avoid. Leaving these orders completely forgotten. And when the trade time came back around, it acted as if there wern't any open orders. Taking trades and closing them still leaving the forgotten orders open. Turned usehourtrade to false and run through the same test, no problems.

If some one can recode the mod so it will still allow subsequent orders to open if entering a no trade hour with open trades. I looked and am too novice for this one. Then I think I can add the no trade day. I'd like to permantly block the first friday of each month. (nfp) the rest of the month is more discretionary.

My e-mail is xxdavidxsxx@yahoo.com

I would like the opportunity to test the new mods before posting on the first page. This will benefit every one involved.

Thanks

dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Good question.

Actually its both. The target is a % setting. But I base the % on how many pips I want the first trade to exit at. Like 8 or 10 or 12 or 15. Because the signals we are generating on 1hr charts and lower, are only good for this many pips with any kind of accuracy. If you set the hard target to 10 and pip step of 30 with max trades 5 you'll lose alot of money on orders #'s 3,4,5,. If you use a lower pip step then max trades get opened easy and you run a greater risk of having the price run into never land. But by using a % equity target you can set the initial target to what ever pips amount you want. And when more trades are opened, it will take more pips untill either the equity target is met, or the hard TP is hit.

Now that I think about it, you don't need the hard tp at all. Its just there for looks. But really its there so the 5th trade can get out sooner. Because the 5th trade needs more pips than the tp allows to get the equity target. And the sooner we get out of that 5th trade the better. And the 5th trade isn't taken off of any signal, so expecting it to go more than 23 pips is too much luck and wishing for me.

I hope this thoroughly explains my methodology behind equitytargettocloseand reset.

In shorter terms...It increases profitability and decreases risk to account.

Dave

edit: for those thinking they'll set equitytargettocloseandreset at a large # like 10% or 20%(few hundred or few thousand), and when the accounts equity reaches it it will close all orders. It won't work. The way I described it is all its good for and all it was intended for. Now that it only reads the equity of the pair its on it will perform very well on multiple pairs. ( euro$, $chf, $cad recommended.) ( $jpy, $ausie not recommended.)

----------------------------------

Thanks Dave.

Hi David,

I just look at ericbach modification & try to fix it, so it will consider to SHUTDOWN when We are in no trade zone ONLY if there is no OPEN trade, but if there is open trade it will run until it finished all the order.

I just add the following code to the ericbach code :

// start

// check for trading hours

int cnt=0;

for (int a=0;a<OrdersTotal();a++) {

OrderSelect(a,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);

if (OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()) continue;

if ( OrderMagicNumber() == LongMagicNumber || OrderMagicNumber() == ShortMagicNumber) {

cnt++;

}

}

if( UseHourTrade && cnt == 0){

// end

Anyway, I will attach the file

Regs,

Popok

xxDavidxSxx:
I was adding the time filter and testing it. I made it trade 4 hrs each day. But if it has open orders and goes into a no trade time, it won't even open the subsequent orders when price runs off due to the very news your trying to avoid. Leaving these orders completely forgotten. And when the trade time came back around, it acted as if there wern't any open orders. Taking trades and closing them still leaving the forgotten orders open. Turned usehourtrade to false and run through the same test, no problems.

If some one can recode the mod so it will still allow subsequent orders to open if entering a no trade hour with open trades. I looked and am too novice for this one. Then I think I can add the no trade day. I'd like to permantly block the first friday of each month. (nfp) the rest of the month is more discretionary.

My e-mail is xxdavidxsxx@yahoo.com

I would like the opportunity to test the new mods before posting on the first page. This will benefit every one involved.

Thanks

dave
Files:
Reason: