MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 8

angevoyageur:
same problem...Which is ? There can be a lot of reasons why your EA isn't working as expected. Can you give us some details ?

Hi, So.. I observed that when the latest update was done, my EA stopped work, (in truth, I don't know exactly when it stopped, but it was after the last update).

As I said, it is a simple stop movement EA, 2 steps - 2 stop targets, negative or positive... simple. (there're some specific details on it, but basically is it), I opened an order and the EA didn't moved the stops as set, my order was a little far from the tolerated point in negative, I had to close my order manually..

So I opened a demo account and tested the EA again, and it didn't work, I uninstalled mt4 and reinstalled it again, cleaning all the register and empty folders and taking care of the new folder where experts must be put (C:\users\username\AppData\roaming\Metaquotes\terminal...). And worse, I can't even attach my EA on the chart.

I tried to compile the EA on metaeditor and a lot of errors suddenly appeared.. This EA was working perfectly, and now, stopped.. I paid for the built of it, and now it's gone.. it's not fair..

I'm not a programmer, but I'm a good research, I'm sure I put the EA on the specific folders..

I'm sorry if I said something wrong, and I'm opened for any opinion.

Thanks.

I'm taking the permission to post another post I saw in another forum (not here), it was not my words, but it describes more or less what I'm thinking,.. and I think many users too..

" This update was shoved in our throats overnight. Nobody tested this or checked it. Now we have to do all sorts of magic to make our stuff work again. Incompetence and ignorance only shows. Now recompile and retest everything just becuase someone updated our platform and did not think about thousand of users. Every legitimate company before rolls out any kind of update, tests it and makes sure that its backwards compatible. Mt5 has been ignored by most of users, so all they had to do is update mt4 with mt5 code. This is serious omission. Good luck. "

RaptorUK:
Is it a Script ?

The test code was compiled as an EA. I created this test EA after I tried to use the OnStart function in my trading EA

dietcoke:

The test code was coiled as an EA. I created this after I tried to use the OnStart function in my trading EA

If you are going to handle incoming ticks in your EA you should use OnTick function.

dietcoke:

The test code was compiled as an EA. I created this test EA after I tried to use the OnStart function in my trading EA
OnStart() is for Scripts, OnTick() is for EAs

alexvd:

If you are going to handle incoming ticks in your EA you should use OnTick function.

Ok. I just tried that and was coming back to tell everyone. What is the point of OnStart then. When would it be used?

dietcoke:

Ok. I just tried that and was coming back to tell everyone. What is the point of OnStart then. When would it be used?
Click the link in my post.

mrangelo:

I'm taking the permission to post another post I saw in another forum (not here), it was not my words, but it describes more or less what I'm thinking,.. and I think many users too..

" This update was shoved in our throats overnight. Nobody tested this or checked it. Now we have to do all sorts of magic to make our stuff work again. Incompetence and ignorance only shows. Now recompile and retest everything just becuase someone updated our platform and did not think about thousand of users. Every legitimate company before rolls out any kind of update, tests it and makes sure that its backwards compatible. Mt5 has been ignored by most of users, so all they had to do is update mt4 with mt5 code. This is serious omission. Good luck. "

You can think what you want, like everyone else, about Metaquotes and the new MT4. I am really not interested by these discussions.

However I you need help I can try to help you.

If your EA appear in MT4 it's on the right folder, otherwise it is not.

I opened a demo account and tested the EA again, and it didn't work

Can you please post the logs from Terminal window, Experts and Journal tab when you attach the EA to a chart.

I tried to compile the EA on metaeditor and a lot of errors suddenly appeared..

It's not a good idea to compile an EA in this time of new mql4 if you are not a programmer.

alexvd:

Hi Alex, it would be probably useful if the compiler complain when OnInit() or OnDeinit() are used concurrently with OnStart().

angevoyageur: it would be probably useful if the compiler complain when OnInit() or OnDeinit() are used concurrently with OnStart().
Why? That's perfectly acceptable for a script. The compiler should complain with the use of OnStart() in a EA and OnTick() in a script.
Reason: