10points 3.mq4 - page 245

FutureMillionaire?:
I agree that positions should be closed.

Potential Losses

Take this example, MaxTrades=5. If all the positions lost you would be looking at a loss of $855, but if each one closed as you progressed to the next step, it would only lose $465 ... That's almost enough to take you to the next (3.2lots, $480) position.

As for the other Xor EAs, they may have fallen over for other reasons (I don't know, I didn't go into it in too much detail).

Surely with David's skillful programming, you could take V12 or RB26 (or whatever) and make a great EA even greater.

Regards,

Ray

Nope. I have no plan to change. RB26 is doing fine. Meanwhile, XoR is great enough, all the funtion needed by you guys already there. There is no point to program 2 EA with same function. Its redundant.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Nope. I have no plan to change. RB26 is doing fine. Meanwhile, XoR is great enough, all the funtion needed by you guys already there. There is no point to program 2 EA with same function. Its redundant.

To be honest, I don't know enough about RB26 yet, about how you reduce risk. I just thought that, it probably choses the direction better. Once into the martingale strategy, you could reduce the exposure and go that extra level by closing off the previous losing trades.

I know we've been this route before .. and I'm probably missing something mundane, but to a simple mind (like mine ), it seems there's merit in the argument.

Regards,

Ray

Closing off positions

FutureMillionaire?:
I agree that positions should be closed.

Potential Losses

Take this example, MaxTrades=5. If all the positions lost you would be looking at a loss of $855, but if each one closed as you progressed to the next step, it would only lose $465 ... That's almost enough to take you to the next (3.2lots, $480) position.

As for the other Xor EAs, they may have fallen over for other reasons (I don't know, I didn't go into it in too much detail).

Surely with David's skillful programming, you could take V12 or RB26 (or whatever) and make a great EA even greater.

Regards,

Ray

There is no doubt that if we knew that the progression was going to proceed the full term and hit the MaxTrades stop loss then your argument would have merit.

We do not know in advance and the previous trade helps the EA gain sufficient profit to make an early end to the progression. V12 and RB26 relies on profit to bail out and without that profit they will not achieve an overall position to be able to bail out. A larger retraction would be needed to trigger a satisfactory conclusion to the progression and without that a progression to MaxTrades stop loss is more likely.

I believe that there is some merit in closing off the first trade when the progression reaches number three, by then there will be no time when it will be in profit. Closing off number two when the progression reaches number four and so on. If there was a way to achieve that and still carry the loss forward in the EAs overall memory then it would help in allowing the EA to close off in profit.

John

FutureMillionaire?:
I just thought that, it probably choses the direction better. Once into the martingale strategy, you could reduce the exposure and go that extra level by closing off the previous losing trades.

Why not to close open positions with each increment is clear - if you plan to reach TP or close with SecureProfit, each pip in your direction will reduce loss and increase profits. Also, 10p3 needs (or benefits) from some countermovement, because TP taken with 4 or 5th progression gives much more profit than TP taken with first. There is a compared profit which you make if you close or not after each progression, with TP = 30, PipStep = 15, Lots = 0.1:

Progr. Profit Profit

w/o closing w closing

1 30 30

2 75 45

3 150 75

4 285 135

5 555 255

As you see profit tends to decrease more than twice with larger progressions. Closing after each level will help to reduce loss if SL is hit, but if we moreless understand when losses are possible (news time), we are not risking much.

mrv:
Why not to close open positions with each increment is clear - if you plan to reach TP or close with SecureProfit, each pip in your direction will reduce loss and increase profits. Also, 10p3 needs (or benefits) from some countermovement, because TP taken with 4 or 5th progression gives much more profit than TP taken with first. There is a compared profit which you make if you close or not after each progression, with TP = 30, PipStep = 15, Lots = 0.1:

Progr. Profit Profit

w/o closing w closing

1 30 30

2 75 45

3 150 75

4 285 135

5 555 255

As you see profit tends to decrease more than twice with larger progressions. Closing after each level will help to reduce loss if SL is hit, but if we moreless understand when losses are possible (news time), we are not risking much.

Thanks for the explaination, I just signed up my evening class for english tuition:D I guess later I can explain it myself:D

Regards

David

yeoeleven:

I believe that there is some merit in closing off the first trade when the progression reaches number three, by then there will be no time when it will be in profit. Closing off number two when the progression reaches number four and so on. If there was a way to achieve that and still carry the loss forward in the EAs overall memory then it would help in allowing the EA to close off in profit.

You read my mind, I was going to suggest that.

Also, it depends on the multiplier. With x2, you rely on the TP>Pips. That is also why the earlier trade contributes to the profit. If, however, TP<Pips with a larger multiplier (it doesn't have to be x3 ... x2+something would probably do it) then the earlier trade doesn't contribute and could be closed off, reducing the loss.

Regards,

Ray

Heres my weekly results using the como account, goblin fibo & 10point4

goblin is on the eur/usd

10point4 is on gbp/usd

Rick

Files:

rcthkd:

goblin is on the eur/usd

10point4 is on gbp/usd

Rick

------------------------------

Bipolar and the 10.3 function well in the same set ?

Best Regards.

Settings

rcthkd:

goblin is on the eur/usd

10point4 is on gbp/usd

Rick

Rick,

please return to page 145 post 1447 and reappraise your settings.

Your last progression in GBPUSD started at 1.9876 the next at 1.9836 then 1.9788 so the progression had lost 88 pips by the time the third progression started. The third progression had a TakeProfit set at 16 pips how could you make profit with those settings? Your PipStep is hopelessly out of step.

guernica,

if you follow the thread you will find that GoblinFibo is not bipolar it is just another 10p3 version which progresses with a Fibonnacci sequence. Perhaps a return to the above page may help in your understanding of what is going on in the Combo account.

John

yeoeleven:
Rick,

please return to page 145 post 1447 and reappraise your settings.

Your last progression in GBPUSD started at 1.9876 the next at 1.9836 then 1.9788 so the progression had lost 88 pips by the time the third progression started. The third progression had a TakeProfit set at 16 pips how could you make profit with those settings? Your PipStep is hopelessly out of step.

guernica,

if you follow the thread you will find that GoblinFibo is not bipolar it is just another 10p3 version which progresses with a Fibonnacci sequence. Perhaps a return to the above page may help in your understanding of what is going on in the Combo account.

John

-------------------------

Thanks yeoeleven.