10points 3.mq4 - page 239

FutureMillionaire?:

If I've got it right, with my current settings (MaxTrades=8, orders to protect=3), the maximum I could lose (in one go) would be $2,250. Given that the account has already made more than that, maybe this is an acceptable risk.

Also I reckon that, if I had AccountProtection=0, then the maximum drawdown would be $7,530

.... and AccountProtection means that the trades stop at 5 .... and everything stays in limbo .. hoping that the price returns. If it doesn't, it stops out at the 8 trade level.

If, then, AccountProtection is turned off, and the MaxTrades is set to 5, then it's pretty much the same .. except for the limbo. But the max drawdown would only be $855.

That's not so bad ..... is it?

Ray

Ouch! I've just done a backtest on my Normal x2 settings, and it doesn't look too good. (if you believe backtests) .. I ran a backtest over the period I've been forward testing too .. and the results agree, so maybe this backtest might be right.

I've also tried MaxTrades=6 (no account protection). That doesn't look too good either.

Regards,

Ray

Files:
backtest.zip  176 kb

FutureMillionaire?:
Ouch! I've just done a backtest on my Normal x2 settings, and it doesn't look too good. (if you believe backtests) .. I ran a backtest over the period I've been forward testing too .. and the results agree, so maybe this backtest might be right.

I've also tried MaxTrades=6 (no account protection). That doesn't look too good either.

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray,

In my opinion, the fear of the drawdown will always exist. If it really should happen, it will happen. To reduce the possibility of never ending trade, for me I use maxtrade=10 with ordertosecure=3. Also, I always try to avoid big news, NFP and FOMC (like david and yeoeleven said). Big news will drag us to open 3 or 4 trades straight without giving a chance to drawback and it will leave us with huge lot size and not enough margin.

Cheers,

hi david,

I like tony leong because he is guy very cool and feel man in HK star

last, thanks. I get ur ea in my mail box, i will test it in monday

thank you

from ocm

davidke20:
Last time he uses a dude picture, Tony Leong - Hong Kong movie star. This time is a chic

Regards

David

This weeks results using the combo account

GoblinFiblo: + $142 using default setting on 1 hour EUR/USD

10point4Mod1e s/l at 100: +$384 1 hr gpb/usd. with Davids recommended edits of pip step 35, Max trade 8.

add my math may be a bit off as it is late + a couple of brews lol

I will post a statment but I do have 2-3 manual trades on there so just by pass them.

Files:
statement_7.htm  27 kb

finally know how to test the ea, it took all my weekends

did run some test on eur/usd in 10points3_dynamic_stop, i used the setting on pages 19.the result is impress. but seems the result at 30 mins chart is the best.

i will start to testing it in today with a demo account.

looks like i can't join the RB26DETT test team in this time

is the possiable to give me the v12 vision so i can test these 2 vision together?

tks

David

today finish my vacations

i start the demo 3k miniaccount ibfx

thanks

fatwolf:
finally know how to test the ea, it took all my weekends

did run some test on eur/usd in 10points3_dynamic_stop, i used the setting on pages 19.the result is impress. but seems the result at 30 mins chart is the best.

i will start to testing it in today with a demo account.

looks like i can't join the RB26DETT test team in this time

is the possiable to give me the v12 vision so i can test these 2 vision together?

tks

Great, atleast you start working on something. I'm looking forward to see some statement of yours and also see what kind of input you can give. I'll start work with you on 10point3 from flat.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Great, atleast you start working on something. I'm looking forward to see some statement of yours and also see what kind of input you can give. I'll start work with you on 10point3 from flat.

Regards

David

tks david . right now i have 4 vision of 10points3 runing in different pair with different time chart, will post the result soon

fatwolf:
tks david . right now i have 4 vision of 10points3 runing in different pair with different time chart, will post the result soon

Mate,

I'm pretty concern about mrtools' RMI edition of 10point3, if I'm not mistaken he posted it between page 90~100. I hope you can place more focus on that 1, could be something really big. I'm currently busy with other projects, if you dont mind, help me to forward test RMI edition for a while. Show me where is the weakness, me and you gonna pin point that area and tweak it become a money printing monster. My recommendation for you is running a few IBFX platform on your computer. We test on 1 broker will give a more stable and comparable results since now we're lack of human power. I would like to compare M30 and H1 tradings on this system, I think probably during end of the week, we can have some conclusion on it. Cheers

Regards

David

Reason: