10points 3.mq4 - page 248

RMI results

Hi,

I set up 10.38_DS_RMI yesturday with default settings, and here are the first results. Very good for a first day but very risky with those settings.

let it run and will see how it behave during big moves.

Thierry

fxgear:
this is my real account. original idea from 10p3. martingale rocks ibfx only allow 50 open positions per day. and now they no longer provide 1:400 leverage

Hi Fxgear,

Would you be willing to share your modified EA, settings, and any manual interventions? Your results look very impressive.

TIA

Andy L

Latest EA Plaese?

AL4715:
Hi Fxgear,

Would you be willing to share your modified EA, settings, and any manual interventions? Your results look very impressive.

TIA

Andy L

Can someone please post the latest EA here.

Thank you.

ROETS

Help understanding code

I'm trying to understand the internal workings of 10.3 and have a code snippet below. I think what this does is: if one or more open orders were closed (for whatever reason) since the last tick (PreviousOpenOrders > OpenOrders) it closes the most recent order(s) until OpenOrders <= PreviousOrders.

Is this correct? If so, what's the logic to trim down the number of open orders ? The next step after this is to make sure Open Orders is <= Max Trades.

if (PreviousOpenOrders>OpenOrders)

{

for(cnt=OrdersTotal();cnt>=0;cnt--)

{

OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

mode=OrderType();

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == Magic)

{

if (mode==OP_BUY) {OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Blue);}

if (mode==OP_SELL)

{OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),OrderClosePrice(),slippage,Red);}

return(0);

}

}

}

PreviousOpenOrders=OpenOrders;

I'm trying to understand the internal workings of 10.3 and have a code snippet below. I think what this does is: if one or more open orders were closed (for whatever reason) since the last tick (PreviousOpenOrders > OpenOrders) it closes the most recent order(s) until OpenOrders <= PreviousOrders.

Is this correct? If so, what's the logic to trim down the number of open orders ? The next step after this is to make sure Open Orders is <= Max Trades.

QUOTE]

If EA finds, that PreviousOpenOrders > OpenOrders, it closes all open orders for this currency pair and exits the cycle. The reason behind this is assuming you let EA manage orders, order can be closed either by SL or TP, and either way, a trade is over, everything for this pair must be closed and started fresh with next tick. So be careful, if you close an order manually, EA will close all the rest for that currency pair.

very profitable demo

here is more than 1 month statement from my modified 10p3 EA

My inspiration here is that, martingale works with moneymanagement. Hope more people will come out with their ideas to make it profitable.

Thanks

Files:

Can you share the EA and settings? People will come out with ideas, but it would help to know what you're doing. Which 10.3 mod, settings, etc. to see if your results can be duplicated, improved, etc.

fxgear:
here is more than 1 month statement from my modified 10p3 EA

My inspiration here is that, martingale works with moneymanagement. Hope more people will come out with their ideas to make it profitable.

Thanks

mrv:
If EA finds, that PreviousOpenOrders > OpenOrders, it closes all open orders for this currency pair and exits the cycle. The reason behind this is assuming you let EA manage orders, order can be closed either by SL or TP, and either way, a trade is over, everything for this pair must be closed and started fresh with next tick. So be careful, if you close an order manually, EA will close all the rest for that currency pair.

Ahhh. Thanks. I just verfied it acts as you mentioned. And by waiting until every tick to take out the next open one you don't have to deal with a changing number of open positions in OrdersTotal(), needing to build in delays while the server closes the positions before attempting to close the next one, etc.

I guess this means that if you set your TP too low, when it closes @ TP you could have some that are losers closed out at a loss even if they're heading in the right (profitable) direction.

Thanks again.

Statement RMI

Very impressive and conservative.

Best Regards

those file below are the setting are david asked me to test. looks like it is a very safe setting with very little profits.

I will change some setting and do some more test in the following week.

Files:
9.gif  67 kb
8.gif  67 kb
Reason: