10points 3.mq4 - page 371

and this is for the matematicians who wants the math behind it

What is Martingale and Is It Reasonable to Use It? - MQL4 Articles

it has a test graphic that shows why this systems dive after end of simulations

To put things simplified. Martingale is a system that I cant admit my loss in equity. So I double the stake on my next trade => Take note, I said STAKE instead of lot size. Because this has became a gamble.

The 10point3 here we're working on is not a martingale. Its called Cost Averaging. The same concept applied, but with slightly different way of delivering it. We open trade at the wrong direction, we double up the stake after certain drawdown, and HOPING the market will return our favor. When the higher stake gave return, we close off all the positions when the STAKE is averaged out. Below I gave 3 points for the troubleshooting of the current situation:

General advantage for both system:

1) Very stable equity grow

2) Can sustain for a very long time

3) I think I found the holy grail

General disadvantage for both system:

1) Until you're running out of margin to cover the next stake

2) Market goes trending, indicator not working anymore, we're stucked with the positions and dry up the margin

3) Past data doesn't represent the future of the market. I've got cheated by the past data.

To over come the issues:

1) I've started live trading with 10p3v0.02 with disabled money management, so I can stay with low stake

2) When market trending, I took a small hit, restart the stake with the smallest 0.01 lot

3) I dont even care because I'm now protected by stop loss

For the future development:

1) Remove money management, always start with low stake

2) Seek a better entry rule with least stop loss and higher take profit.

3) Reduce MULTIPLIER inorder to reduce losses and margin usage.

Agree with me?

Regards

David

Yes master. I am agree

Thats the main reason I had to put the articles for martingale. because no one in the thread stop to discuss the philosofy of this system. Now I have a master (you) to explain it to me in dept and to show me this is cost average strategy and not martingale and that it has ways to protect me, diferent to stoplss. thanks for your observations Master. Do you mind if I do yousome questionsin private message?

nirvaman:
Thats the main reason I had to put the articles for martingale. because no one in the thread stop to discuss the philosofy of this system. Now I have a master (you) to explain it to me in dept and to show me this is cost average strategy and not martingale and that it has ways to protect me, diferent to stoplss. thanks for your observations Master. Do you mind if I do yousome questionsin private message?

Private message? It depends, I dont come here as oftenly as previously anymore, also depends whether the question I can answer you. You can choose to wait for my reply if you have the patience, or you could just post it up here so others can help you.

By the way, dont call me master, because I'm not. I'm just another pip thirst poor trader.

Regards

David

ok I will not call you master anymore, master (lol). just joking David.

you have showed superior knowledge of this system so I want to ask you if you can share with me this EA with the configuration you use on your live trading account.

Can you upload this EA again with your actual configuration please.

I will appreciate if you upload it again because this EA has had many many modifications in this thread so I want to be sure I have the same as you.

May me I can suggest things on your EA too.(I am a programer)

Second question would be refering to the way this EA works more in deeply. Specialy the way it try avoids losses . but to make the question properly I have to study this code more having in mind the comments you just did. I will do my question at night. thanks for your help M....... David (lol)

nirvaman:
ok I will not call you master anymore, master (lol). just joking David.

you have showed superior knowledge of this system so I want to ask you if you can share with me this EA with the configuration you use on your live trading account.

Can you upload this EA again with your actual configuration please.

I will appreciate if you upload it again because this EA has had many many modifications in this thread so I want to be sure I have the same as you.

May me I can suggest things on your EA too.(I am a programer)

Second question would be refering to the way this EA works more in deeply. Specialy the way it try avoids losses . but to make the question properly I have to study this code more having in mind the comments you just did. I will do my question at night. thanks for your help M....... David (lol)

Here is the original 10p3v0.02 EA with different parameter that meets my point 1 and 3. I still haven't come close to any indicator that I'm satisfied with. Dont take it as granted, I'm so far down about 30 bucks since I started to run it. I hope it will revive whatever losses has been made. I've got my mental stop loss at -200 dollars as my final stop loss. Whenever it breach below that, I'm dropping this EA, another -170 to go. Either it climb back up and continue make profit, or I'm gonna scrap this project forever!

Regards

David

Files:
10p3v0.02.mq4  11 kb

ok. I will do a suggestion

hi david

some time ago I did a EA for stock market using a software called wealth-lab.

this software had a plug in to play with neural networks called neurolab. literaly You can put your computer to look for paterns that your simple eye can not see using normal indicators. after the neural network was trained well enough you can obtain an indicator you can use in your EA.

my conclusion after working in it after a year is that artificial inteligence is the only way you can get an indicator with big probability of good prediction. but this kind of knowledge is hard to find in this forums. and I am new in forex and I dont know a software that can do an indicator as easyly as neurolab. with this software almost an bad programer can do amazing things. And dont think I am a genius or a matemathician or something like that.

(note:the resason a changed to forex is because I didnt have money to do intraday in stock market . you need 25000 usd to do this. and stock markets only work until 4:00 pm) . So I will try to look for something that lets me work with neural networks in forex.

I encourage you no to give up

davidke20:
Here is the original 10p3v0.02 EA with different parameter that meets my point 1 and 3. I still haven't come close to any indicator that I'm satisfied with. Dont take it as granted, I'm so far down about 30 bucks since I started to run it. I hope it will revive whatever losses has been made. I've got my mental stop loss at -200 dollars as my final stop loss. Whenever it breach below that, I'm dropping this EA, another -170 to go. Either it climb back up and continue make profit, or I'm gonna scrap this project forever!

Regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for all your hard work and effort to bring us this EA, even though it isn't yet finished 100% it has very good potential, I just wanted to say thanks!

Berdj

Thank you David

yeah ,, me too would like to thank David, even if the EA wasn't the holy grail but David was very helpful to all of us, i'm sure every one here appreciate his work, thank u Master

Yes...David is one of the best's martingale warriors... but i think the faith is not win yet...

Fast_cris

Reason: