Indicators and can they be trusted? - page 2

I would like to add that there are some indicators - which, year after year, show - or rather predict - the direction of a currency pair in the near future... with more than 70% probability

Search for.... find it...

Swetten:

Most indicators show the same thing. That's two.

There is a brick, a trowel and there is cement, the same for everyone. One gets masterpieces and the other can't put down a barn. That's one.

That's not what we're talking about, unfortunately....

olskran:
That's not what we're talking about, unfortunately....

About this. You have to know how to use an indicator.

And understand exactly what it shows.

olskran:
But what does this have to do with vocals and music?!

Since you started talking about music, you are probably familiar with the term - tonality? That's how indicators are like tonality, they don't let you falsify.

The author of the topic is right, it's a fact unfortunately. Although there are indicators with 70% probability of success, but if you follow them always and strictly, you will lose even faster. So, the stochastic is approaching the level n, so what? How do these readings differ from the price level itself? How much more informative are they? Overbought/oversold, do you think? This is a myth invented by the indicator developers.

OnGoing:
The author of the topic is right, it's a fact unfortunately. Although there are indicators with a 70% probability of success, if you follow them always and rigorously, you will lose even faster.
Can you show me an example? - it's just blah blah blah...

Aleksander:
show me an example? - it's still blah blah blah...
All right, let it be blah blah blah blah... )) Are you arguing the contrary? Interesting to hear your arguments.

I'm not out of my mind yet :) - I don't know how to post profitable indicators... - but think about it... if the signals are 70% profitable... how can you lose even faster?

like examples...

i open from nothing.... in any direction - through many trades :) - depending on the lot and stops - i will lose the deposit... as the probability of losing is slightly more than 50/50...

Now I open by the signals... after 100 trades I sum up the results... 30 trades lost... 70 wins... made a profit of 40 trades... where's the loss?

Aleksander:
I'm not out of my mind yet :) - I don't know how to post profitable indicators... - but think about it... if the signals are 70% profitable... how can you lose even faster?
I meant 70% on individual timeframes. That is, that the stochastic will go further in the right direction, and will not hang around still in the n/a zone until it exhausts all of the trader's nerves. That is why the PRICE is a slave, and the indicator only states the fact, but not vice versa as we would like it to.

Well, it wasn't a flea-bitten indicator... it was an indicator... the kind that gets over 70% of its signals right... and the flea stick is only about 48%.... i.e. it's bound to fail :)
Reason: