10points 3.mq4 - page 246

End of week results

Well, an interesting week.

You can forget about my x3 ideas. The GBPUSD trial, started with $3000 and is now standing at $14.15 !!!! (I always knew GBPUSD wouldn't work). The EURUSD is losing too.

My EURCHF live account took a hit too. I expected it to lose a couple of times in the year, but I had hoped it wouldn't happen so soon. My $1000 account now stands at $687.90 (it actually recovered a little bit). I have a dilemma. Is this one of those couple I was expecting ... or was the backtest telling Porkies? I don't know .. but I've got cold feet now and stopped that EA. I'm now re-assessing my situation.

As for the normal x2 test, well, I have a rather curious situation. The original test is still going strong. However, I wondered about account protection, so I started two more tests - one with ... and one without. I set them running before start of play, last Sunday, so that they both would start as soon as trading opened. One of these, obviously, was identical to the original that has been going so well. It lost!

So this highlights how an account suffers if it doesn't have enough capital. The original survived the move, because it had built up enough of a "pot", but the new account just got the "not enough money" error.

Here ... take a look.

Regards,

Ray

these my recent results 10point3

broker ibfx

t.f. 1H

t.p. 28

trailing 10

pips 18

max trades 20

securit profit 10

account protection 1

orderstoprotect 3

mm 0

risk 12

Files:

these my recent results 10point3_dinamic_stop

broker money_tec

t.f. 1H

t.p. 30

trailing 10

max trades 20

pips 15

Files:

enzoforex:
these my recent results 10point3

broker ibfx

t.f. 1H

t.p. 28

trailing 10

pips 18

max trades 20

securit profit 10

account protection 1

orderstoprotect 3

mm 0

risk 12

Hi Enzo (Ferrary? )

I think your setting is too risky for $1000 starting balance. I saw one of the trade start at 0.1 lot and end 1.6 lot (6 progression). I think it will be the last trade will be open. If the price keeps againts you, your account will be definitely blown up. I think by starting at 0.01 lot will be better.

Cheers,

enzoforex:

max trades 20

max trades 20 !!!!!!

FutureMillionaire?:
max trades 20 !!!!!!

Its ok, not going to hit anyway. MaxTrade 20 will force the multiplier on 10point3 become x 1.5 times. So, you can see the odd numbers appear on his trading statement.

etc...etc

But its amazing. The account did survived for a very long time. He promised me to continue testing, let see how far his settings can last.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Its ok, not going to hit anyway. MaxTrade 20 will force the multiplier on 10point3 become x 1.5 times. So, you can see the odd numbers appear on his trading statement.

etc...etc

But its amazing. The account did survived for a very long time. He promised me to continue testing, let see how far his settings can last.

Regards

David

Yeah, me too also amaze that the account still survive

I did that last time with small account size, and not long after starting the ea, I got "not enough money" message

Cheers,

Potential Loss

I've spent a lot of time, looking at different pips/multiplier/MT combinations.

I've made up an excel spreadsheet, based on EURUSD (where 1pip=$, with 0.1 lots).

There are only 3 editable cells. Pips, Lots and Multiplier. If I've understood the workings of the Martinage progression correctly, you can then see the potential loss in each case from MT=5.... up to MT=10.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ray

Files:

Hoho

2 settings. small profit. will test more

Files:
4.gif  19 kb
5.gif  22 kb

FutureMillionaire?:

I've made up an excel spreadsheet, based on EURUSD (where 1pip=$, with 0.1 lots).

Of course, this doesn't take into account other settings, such as InitialStop.

Ray

Reason: