10points 3.mq4 - page 209

wibitiens:
I just happen looking for the worst trade that could possibly happen, ... and I found this one. As in the chart, I am using TP=28, PIPS=18, without account protection. Starting on reversal of MACD with SELL order, the order will open up to 16 trades with 327.68 lots Please tell me if I am wrong. This is scary Is there anyway to avoid this? Cheers,

Its no way for futures millionare sir!

frantacech:

Its no way for futures millionare sir!

Yeah, even started with 0.01 lot, it still end up with hundreds of lots.

Cheers,

Live trading

At last I have decided to go live and hopefully make profit from my months of forward testing.

I would like to use a broker who will take Egold as a funding option and also trade in Micro lots (0.01)

Has anyone had experience in using Neuimex live?

Is there another broker with whom you are trading who also meets that criteria?

Any feedback will be most welcome.

John

yeoeleven:
At last I have decided to go live and hopefully make profit from my months of forward testing.

I would like to use a broker who will take Egold as a funding option and also trade in Micro lots (0.01)

Has anyone had experience in using Neuimex live?

Is there another broker with whom you are trading who also meets that criteria?

Any feedback will be most welcome.

John

Neuimex is horrible. Had a phonecall with them a few days ago. They told me that no new accounts are possible because they had an investigation from swiss authorities and that I should call back in a few days. They also said that they charge around 40 EUROS !!! for wire withdrawals and that they start with 5 PIP Spread on eur/usd on mini accounts => BULLSHIT company. If you want egold you can check out http://www.liteforex.org - nice friendly support and accounts with 1$ possible. Cons: Margins too high ! I personally stick with interbankfx.. they arent perfect too If you find a good alternative please post. Egold support would be perfect...

wibitiens:
Yeah, even started with 0.01 lot, it still end up with hundreds of lots. Cheers,

If have 25000 and risk it, then try. I dont this never. Small profit after 2.5 years and very mega big risk.

Files:
gob12a-1.gif  7 kb
gob12a-1.htm  620 kb

wibitiens:
I just happen looking for the worst trade that could possibly happen, ... and I found this one. As in the chart, I am using TP=28, PIPS=18, without account protection. Starting on reversal of MACD with SELL order, the order will open up to 16 trades with 327.68 lots Please tell me if I am wrong. This is scary Is there anyway to avoid this? Cheers,

Yes, there is a simple way to avoid this.

Use same tp as pipstep and set secureprofit to 1.

And pray that the EA doesn't trade in the same direction which is short.

I have asked David to modify a version and leave out the indicator(s) in the EA which tells which direction to trade so we can avoid both chart going the same way.

He send me to Goblin thread. I have been testing Goblin Bipolar for 2 days now, and sofar not even close to what I had in mind.

I have been testing GBPUSD with V12 and everytime if I see both charts going the same way, I shut down the EA, close all trades and turn it on again to have hedged again.

By doing this the chance you get a margin call reduces by 5 or more.

Your example is not good btw. That's because there are retraces over 28 pips.

Files:
v12gbp_1.gif  5 kb

Caught up....

I have read all 2092 posts of this thread... and yes I even asked David for the V12 EA somewhere around post 155.... not realizing that the test group had long since been formed and off to the races....

This is the most exciting thread i have ever found... Amazing knowledge being gained - Please include me in on the RB26DETT Testing...

We have a several dedicated servers that do nothing but forward test because we are also trading live funds doing great with 10.3 systems.

Keep up the Great work! Very excited about participating.

humax:
Yes, there is a simple way to avoid this.

Use same tp as pipstep and set secureprofit to 1.

And pray that the EA doesn't trade in the same direction which is short.

I have asked David to modify a version and leave out the indicator(s) in the EA which tells which direction to trade so we can avoid both chart going the same way.

He send me to Goblin thread. I have been testing Goblin Bipolar for 2 days now, and sofar not even close to what I had in mind.

I have been testing GBPUSD with V12 and everytime if I see both charts going the same way, I shut down the EA, close all trades and turn it on again to have hedged again.

By doing this the chance you get a margin call reduces by 5 or more.

Your example is not good btw. That's because there are retraces over 28 pips.

This not work, because if for example buy 5 position , but sell only 1 or 2 position... sell closed and buy next fall down.

EA code

I copied & pasted the code above into a MT4.

Once compiled - got 68 errors

some variables are not defined and unballanced parenthesis

Anybody knows what is missing or have a compiled good version?

euro

frantacech:
This not work, because if for example buy 5 position , but sell only 1 or 2 position... sell closed and buy next fall down.

It does work, unless the movement is hundreds of pips in a straight line without any retracement. Even at newsrelease there are retracements. But I stay away when important news comes out.

Just calculate how many pips you can have agains you without worrying about margin call.

Forex is easy! It's the trader who's making things hard for himself!

Regards,

Humax

Reason: