10points 3.mq4 - page 207

yeoeleven:
We are revisiting multipliers and their effect on MaxTrades so I will repost a couple of files discussing that subject.

Lot Analysis was originally posted by kaypee page #124 post #1234 & Doc1 post #1238 also by kaypee.

John

Thanks John for posting the documents.

Cheers,

Yes, but to do that, don't you need 2 charts open for each pair that you are trading? You can't have 2 EAs on 1 chart. And so if you are trading six pair, you need 12 charts, right?

wibitiens:
It looks like it will actually opened 12 charts, but it is not. May be this example could help:

Current price is 1.3000

First Chart, V12 normal - BUY

Second Chart, V12 reverse - SELL.

Suppose we use pips=10 - tp=12 - multiplier=2

When the price go up to 1.3012,

First chart will close trade and take profit (and start over again)

Second chart will open another SELL with double lot size

You see, that instead of overcoming loss by doubling lot size, we also be able to make profit at the same time. This is how Goblin Bipolar do.

Cheers,

robp:
Yes, but to do that, don't you need 2 charts open for each pair that you are trading? You can't have 2 EAs on 1 chart. And so if you are trading six pair, you need 12 charts, right?

Oh I see, I got your point

You're right, we need 12 charts for 6 pairs.

Anyway, trading 6 pairs is so dangerous since it will be difficult to maintain, and if thing goes wrong, the result will be so devastating.

Cheers,

okay, I think we understand now. yes, 6 pairs is a lot, but he was trading only .01 lot with 1.7 multiplier.

wibitiens:
Oh I see, I got your point

You're right, we need 12 charts for 6 pairs.

Anyway, trading 6 pairs is so dangerous since it will be difficult to maintain, and if thing goes wrong, the result will be so devastating.

Cheers,

yes, you are absolutely right, i have 12 charts, 2 charts for each pair and in general with the same settings, but with different magic number and on the first one Reverse is set to 0 and on the second one is set to 1..... thats all

behaviour is maybe very similar to BioPolar but not i 100%, beacause im not using Only Long and Only Short setting

wibitiens:
Hi Ray,

Yesterday, I got that message too. It was because hour to trade is from 0 to 12. I am using IBFX, and the time that a trade should be opened was at 14:00. Then, I tried to change the time to 0 to 23. The result is, it opened trade straight away I think if it opened before 12 should be safer.

Hope this help.

Cheers,

Thanks very much. I'm IBFX too, so I've changed it. We'll see how that goes.

Cheers,

Ray

Thank you, Tawa. I sent you another private message. So you always have at least 1 buy and 1 sell open on each pair? And what timeframe are you on?

Tawa:
yes, you are absolutely right, i have 12 charts, 2 charts for

each pair and in general with the same settings, but with different magic number and on the first one Reverse is set to 0 and on the second one is set to 1..... thats all

behaviour is maybe very similar to BioPolar but not i 100%, beacause im not using Only Long and Only Short setting

Hi Tawa,

In looking at these results, there's a section in your open orders that looks like your normal v12 and your reverse v12 were both long eurusd at the same time and you were not hedged with the reverse orders. Has that happened very often?

2007.03.22 11:24 buy 0.01 eurusd 1.3369

2007.03.22 19:31 buy 0.02 eurusd 1.3343

2007.03.22 20:15 buy 0.03 eurusd 1.3317

2007.03.23 17:22 buy 0.01 eurusd 1.3297

Tawa:
Hi, here are my results for another week and im still positively surprised with profits which this EA has made for last 3 weeks with more conservative settings (but im running it on 6 pairs)..

Yes, this situation can really happen on regular basis and because of that... i think for this type of trading is more suitable Goblin.BioPolar version

Thanks for the response. I have traded bipolar live and it has its own problems.

Tawa:
Yes, this situation can really happen on regular basis and because of that... i think for this type of trading is more suitable Goblin.BioPolar version
Reason: