10points 3.mq4 - page 331

24.94% ?

wasanmyza:
I test on eur

Test quality is way to low. Nothing below 90% is correct.

The system worked fine...

yeoeleven:
Cross,

I have attached a zoomed in gif of your first trade with comments.

I am not familiar with the Mig Broker do they have a .01 unit setting? If so I suggest using it if not I recommend using a different broker to forward test any Martingale EA.

John

Well, 10p3 v003 worked the way it should. I was afraid that something was making it to trade not according to what it was supposed to. It's a relief.

I would like also to thank david and others for the warnings but what I am doing is to test it to the limit. Mig doesn't allow nano lots so I have to use 0.1 lots and small account because I learned the hard way not to put more than 5 to 7K in the hands of the same broker.

These are my boundaries, so it works or it works not...

I am going to stick to eurusd and reduce tp and pips.

Let's wait for v0.04

Regards

Doubled account

yeoeleven:
Thank you David,

this innovative approach may be just what we have been looking for.

I loaded it with default settings on the 27th and had 3 very selective trades that day, all proved to be successful and surprisingly enough I have been running it on an IBFX mini account balance $78 using .01 units.

Time will tell and it is too soon for me to post a detailed statement but I will be watching this EA very carefully and will report back after the week's trades have been completed.

John

I posted the above on page #304 post #3034 dated 28th November and this account has doubled over less than 2 months.

Over the past months I have regularly posted detailed statements and advised set. files and version numbers.

Here is the latest detailed statement and balance chart. From now on I will post from week to week rather than go back to the beginning each post.

John

Files:
10p3h.htm  221 kb
10p3h.gif  5 kb

I stuck 10point3 on the mini-dow Friday gone, and it performed very well.

But the stats. are an eye-opener. Although it made an overall profit of $404, the bucketshop brokers would have made commissions totalling $1000 - twice your profit, and you still have all the risk of a martingaler to contend with!!!

Whereas trading this many lots with 'real' brokers would only set you back about $180! Of course, you could not trade a martingaler using contract percentages though......

omelette:
I stuck 10point3 on the mini-dow Friday gone, and it performed very well.

But the stats. are an eye-opener. Although it made an overall profit of $404, the bucketshop brokers would have made commissions totalling $1000 - twice your profit, and you still have all the risk of a martingaler to contend with!!!

Whereas trading this many lots with 'real' brokers would only set you back about $180! Of course, you could not trade a martingaler using contract percentages though......

Your broker charges $1000 commission? Wow.

In the Forex market, how does IBFX, Alpari or NorthFinance's commission structure looks like? I have never gone live before, and so far in all the demos, the commission column always displays zero.

azmel:
Your broker charges $1000 commission? Wow. In the Forex market, how does IBFX, Alpari or NorthFinance's commission structure looks like? I have never gone live before, and so far in all the demos, the commission column always displays zero.

No, what I am saying is that although Aleccohfx's (and most other MT brokers I presume) CFD's are equivalent to 2 'real' mini-Dow futures contracts, there is a five pip spread, at $10 a pip. So, for the 20 CFD contracts traded, this equates to 20 contracts * $50 = $1000 commission. However, I also have an account with InteractiveBrokers who charge $4.26 roundturn per mini-Dow contract, and that would equate to 40 contracts * $4.26 = $170 commission...

10p3v0.02

Hi Yeoeleven,

Is it correct that after extensive testing around 01/10/08 you applied 10p3v0.02 simultaneously to demo and live accounts with initial balance, settings, etc. identical?

Today is 01/20/08. I wonder if your two accounts show any significant differences. Would appreciate your feedback.

Also, Could 10p3v0.02 make its S/L invisible to brokers to avoid their hunting?

Thank you for advising.

forexjim

Live versus demo

forexjim:
Hi Yeoeleven,

Is it correct that after extensive testing around 01/10/08 you applied 10p3v0.02 simultaneously to demo and live accounts with initial balance, settings, etc. identical?

Today is 01/20/08. I wonder if your two accounts show any significant differences. Would appreciate your feedback.

Also, Could 10p3v0.02 make its S/L invisible to brokers to avoid their hunting?

Thank you for advising.

forexjim

Hi Jim,

I did put 10p3v0.02 onto my live account recently, the amount of the live account was different and recently did allow one more progression but the demo still closed off ok. I did use the same opening unit for both and I posted the details previously.

As far as generally the live and demo are often a pip or so different but in the main open and close about the same, there are cases of course when a pip allows one to close whilst the other doesn't.

The problem with live is that slippage will lose a pip in the closing and if the unit is higher it may cause the EA to close a progression with a small loss. I have found that there is a difference between live and demo and it always is the live which shows the smaller profit.

As far as the broker hunting stops you will find that the EA has intelligence when the progression rises and allows for a profit and closes not using the SL that the broker can see, that can cause the small loss if slippage occurs but better be out of a large progression than remain in it. The first and second progression will take the SL but the unit isn't worth stop hunting.

John

Fair platform?

yeoeleven:
Hi Jim,

I did put 10p3v0.02 onto my live account recently, the amount of the live account was different and recently did allow one more progression but the demo still closed off ok. I did use the same opening unit for both and I posted the details previously.

As far as generally the live and demo are often a pip or so different but in the main open and close about the same, there are cases of course when a pip allows one to close whilst the other doesn't.

The problem with live is that slippage will lose a pip in the closing and if the unit is higher it may cause the EA to close a progression with a small loss. I have found that there is a difference between live and demo and it always is the live which shows the smaller profit.

As far as the broker hunting stops you will find that the EA has intelligence when the progression rises and allows for a profit and closes not using the SL that the broker can see, that can cause the small loss if slippage occurs but better be out of a large progression than remain in it. The first and second progression will take the SL but the unit isn't worth stop hunting.

John

Hi, Yeoeleven,

Many thanks for your quick advice.

Coming from a stock/options background, I am used to paying commisions. The forex brokers tell me, "We don't charge a commision!" But then there is the spread, the slippage, the news related peaks in which we traders only have the chance to lose big and none the chance to win big, because your orders may not get filled in those peak times, and then the hunting, the sniping, and what else there is... In the forex market, is there a fair playground for traders? Maybe that is the reason for you to say "I have found that there is a difference between live and demo and it always is the live which shows the smaller profit."

How bad is this unfairness? The 10p3v0.02 in your demo account reached 200% of the initial deposit. How would it do in a live account, everything else being equal? Would it only reach 150%, 110%, or even going into the red? This is what I wish to find out.

For this tread, I am willing to set up a live account and a demo account with IBFX with same initial deposit, same EURUSD M15, your #3177 EA and set file, and activating of the two accounts within one second of each other. I hope I can show how bad the forax platform unfairness is.

Would you advise: What is the minimum deposit I need to make? Is $78 enough? Could it be lower? Because I assume I am going to lose in the live account.

Thank you for your advice and for the tremendous work you and others here have already accomplished.

Best,

forexjim

I would like to see your results also but try with version 10p3v0.03, more safe.

Reason: