10points 3.mq4 - page 338

davidke20:
004 blew up twice a week. You can find more detail at here. Still working on it though. Stay tune.

Demo and live have a slight different that you couldn't realize when they blow up togather. Since it blow up togather, all you can see from the data is both of them wrecked!

We have a very nice experience with trading 10p3 relatives. The most significant we find out how different of demo VS live is the V12 that we tested last year. While demo is making over 500% a month, whilst live account took 4 months to achieve 400%(ofcourse, in the end they both shows the same. blow up in the end!). The main reason is where the hunting stops, slippages, widened spread. Very easy for you to find out, set 10p3 to MaxTrades1. Put the EA running parrallel on live VS demo. Everytime when there is a trade initiated, take a look at the price of where they take up the trade. Oftenly you'll see there is 1 pip different. Give you an example here.

PipStep 5

Buy position for USDJPY

Lot size _____Demo____________Live________TakeProfit

0.01________104.50 __________104.51______104.60

0.03________104.45 __________104.44______104.55

0.09________104.40 __________104.38______104.50

When the escalation reaches 0.09, demo needed 10pips to close off the progression, whilst live account needed 12pips to close off. This will be good you can close off teh trades, because you obviously bought at lower price, and get a higher profit on the exits. What if you DID NOT close off the trades?! You'll be continue escalate to 0.27, then 0.81, then 2.43, then blow up. Besides, oftenly we saw when the price is heading to 104.50, the bid and ask price suddenly changed figure. Such as originally the bid/ask should be 104.48/104.51 in this case when it getting near to your TP which is situated at 104.50, you can see the bid/ask suddenly changed to 104.45/104.55. Meaning you'll need to suffer another 5 more pips to close the trade. Which originally you only need another 2 pips to close, now you need 5 instead.

Regards

David

Hi, davidke20,

Many thanks for your enlightening advice! My two short statements could not possibly reveal what you pointed out. I have a feeling that in forex there are many ways to trick us to lose and far too few ways to help us to win. How disappointing!

Best,

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi, davidke20,

Many thanks for your enlightening advice! My two short statements could not possibly reveal what you pointed out. I have a feeling that in forex there are many ways to trick us to lose and far too few ways to help us to win. How disappointing!

Best,

forexjim

It is not neccessary to feel disappointed. Just try to think rationally, if everybody is the winner, then who the heck is going to pay? And for that reason the 95% of the loser is going to pay the 5% winner. And bear in mind, broker win the most! No matter you win/lose, they eat up your spread. Therefore, 10p3 is only 1 of my lowest expectation ROI system in part of my portfolio. I like it and work with it until today because I seriously think this is something that can leave it run fully automatic when I'm not around. Even if it blow up, atmost I'll compensate 1 month without profit from this particular account of running 10p3. By next month I should be able to restart again. Moreover, this version of 10p3 is much more stable then the other versions. Jim, if you dont mind throw the EA on H1 and run it on demo for 2 months. If you decide to go live again, then you start a new demo with the same balance of the live account. You'll see how much effort me and John has put in to eleminate most of the unexpected circumstances. My guess is M15 get trigger a bad signal that leads the EA failed on your previous test.

Regards

David

10p3v0.02

I have posted much about this demo account which started out with a balance of $78 back on the 26th November. Recently I was concerned because it was nearing a margin call and it had showed the No Money error after it traded the .81 unit.

Fortunately over the past couple of days the price of EURUSD has dropped and the EA did close off. I have attached a detailed statement for this last week.

Recently I have posted the location of the EA and my set file, the only change to that set which has been running continuously since 26th Nov is that I will not let the EA trade beyond Maxtades5. The level of the account will not allow a 2.43 trade but as it rises I do not want one to creep in.

John

Files:
10p3i.htm  45 kb
10p3i.gif  5 kb

10p3003

davidke20:
It is not neccessary to feel disappointed. Just try to think rationally, if everybody is the winner, then who the heck is going to pay? And for that reason the 95% of the loser is going to pay the 5% winner. And bear in mind, broker win the most! No matter you win/lose, they eat up your spread. Therefore, 10p3 is only 1 of my lowest expectation ROI system in part of my portfolio. I like it and work with it until today because I seriously think this is something that can leave it run fully automatic when I'm not around. Even if it blow up, atmost I'll compensate 1 month without profit from this particular account of running 10p3. By next month I should be able to restart again. Moreover, this version of 10p3 is much more stable then the other versions. Jim, if you dont mind throw the EA on H1 and run it on demo for 2 months. If you decide to go live again, then you start a new demo with the same balance of the live account. You'll see how much effort me and John has put in to eleminate most of the unexpected circumstances. My guess is M15 get trigger a bad signal that leads the EA failed on your previous test.

Regards

David

Hi, David,

Thank you for your uplifting.

The first image below showed my running 10p3003 using your default setting with the exception of false to money mgnt and 2 to acct type on EURUSD H1 990101-080125, first trade at 1999.01.11 02:01 and last trade at 2008.01.25 04:47. The initial balance was 5000. The most costly progression was -3.20, -8.10, -18.90, -40.50, -64.80, -97.20, 218.70. total=451.4. I thought 500 deposit was enough.

The second image below is identical to the first with the exception that the intial deposit was 500. The result was a loss: The most costly progression became -17.99, -52.18, -149.34, -426.41, -1214.43, -3521.80. total=5382.15. Also, the first trade was the same at 1999.01.11 02:01 but the last trade ended at 2004.12.27 15:03.

I am confused: how can 500 fail to cover the most cosly progression of 451.4?

Thank you for explaining.

Best,

forexjim

forexjim:

I am confused: how can 500 fail to cover the most cosly progression of 451.4?

Thank you for explaining.

Best,

forexjim

Backtester condition

Leverage 1:200 normal account without NANO

Lot size____ Margin in use

0.01_______ 5

0.03_______ 15

0.09_______ 45

0.27_______ 130.50

0.81_______ 405

2.43_______ 1235

MARGIN CALL!!!

NANO condition

Lot size____ Margin in use

0.01_______ 0.50

0.03_______ 1.50

0.09_______ 4.50

0.27_______ 13.05

0.81_______ 40.50

2.43_______ 123.5

So, when you test with 5000 on the backtester, you can actually expect it work similar $500 on a NANO account, because the lot size margin usage is different.

Regards

David

Difference between accounts

Following on from my previous post about last weeks EURUSD trades I have posted a gif from my live account showing the effect of having sufficient funds to take the 2.43 trade as opposed to the demo account which showed the No Money message.

Now both accounts have approximately the same balance and can not take the 6th progression but I have made sure by changing the set to MaxTrades 5. The other change has been to go from M15 up to H1 on David's suggestion. An account can tolerate wider price movements if the 6th progression 2.43 is not made, sure if the account is large enough it can take any progression but being realistic and having an account under $500 I recommend not taking the 6th progression.

John

Files:
eurusd_live.gif  47 kb

tell me what is the problem of my trailing stop (10pips), if position long/buy its seems ok and its modify stoploss always as i stated the change every 10 pips.. now the problem is when the ea do sell/short.. there's no trailing stop and also modify stoploss...david can you help me, please...

MANSTIR:
tell me what is the problem of my trailing stop (10pips), if position long/buy its seems ok and its modify stoploss always as i stated the change every 10 pips.. now the problem is when the ea do sell/short.. there's no trailing stop and also modify stoploss...david can you help me, please...

Not sure what is your problem. Widen your TP may be able to troubleshoot more. Dump it on a backtester and see whether there is any trade modification when trailing stop approached. If there is still no action, let me know. For 1 reason you cant see the trailing stop kick in on the sell position because when it issue sell trades, the price of trade initiate is on the BID price. If your trailing stop is 10pips, it needs atleast 10pips+spread in profit in order to modify the stop loss to breakeven. Hope this help.

Regards

David

didn't work on micro account

Hello everyone, I'm new to this thread.

I'm using 10p3v002 (thanks to David) TF 30M on IBFX and I'm intent to backtest with a micro account ($250). But instead of trading with 0.01 lot, it always constantly trade with 0.1 and 0.3 lot. Do i miss something here?

The profit itself was amazing, but I think it's too risky to trade with these number of lot. Here's my setting and detailed statement.

Tia, Don.

extern int Magic = 772188;

extern double TakeProfit = 10;

extern double Lots = 0.01;

extern double InitialStop = 160;

extern double TrailingStop = 0;

extern int MaxTrades = 10;

extern double Multiplier = 3;

extern int Pips = 5;

extern int OrderstoProtect = 4;

extern bool Money_management = true;

extern int AccountType = 2; //0: Standard account(NorthFinance,MiG,Alpari) 1: Normal account(FXLQ,FXDD) 2:InterbankFX's NANO Account

extern double risk = 0.5;

extern bool ReverseSignal = false;

extern int Fast_EMA = 12;

extern int Slow_EMA = 26;

extern int Signal_SMA = 9;

extern int Shift = 1;

extern int TradingRange = 0;

extern bool UseTimeFilter=true;

extern int StopTrade = 13;

extern int StartTrade = 18;

Files:

pagebluk2007:
Hello everyone, I'm new to this thread.

I'm using 10p3v002 (thanks to David) TF 30M on IBFX and I'm intent to backtest with a micro account ($250). But instead of trading with 0.01 lot, it always constantly trade with 0.1 and 0.3 lot. Do i miss something here?

The profit itself was amazing, but I think it's too risky to trade with these number of lot. Here's my setting and detailed statement.

Tia, Don.

extern int Magic = 772188;

extern double TakeProfit = 10;

extern double Lots = 0.01;

extern double InitialStop = 160;

extern double TrailingStop = 0;

extern int MaxTrades = 10;

extern double Multiplier = 3;

extern int Pips = 5;

extern int OrderstoProtect = 4;

extern bool Money_management = true;

extern int AccountType = 2; //0: Standard account(NorthFinance,MiG,Alpari) 1: Normal account(FXLQ,FXDD) 2:InterbankFX's NANO Account

extern double risk = 0.5;

extern bool ReverseSignal = false;

extern int Fast_EMA = 12;

extern int Slow_EMA = 26;

extern int Signal_SMA = 9;

extern int Shift = 1;

extern int TradingRange = 0;

extern bool UseTimeFilter=true;

extern int StopTrade = 13;

extern int StartTrade = 18;

No problem on my side with both NANO and normal accounts, please check my settings whether match with yours. Dont know why you have that problem.

Regards

David

Files:
003.gif  7 kb
003.htm  229 kb
003-1.gif  7 kb
003-1.htm  223 kb
Reason: