10points 3.mq4 - page 328

Time out

Cross:
Hi yeoeleven

What happens when a progression reach the time out non trading period with trades still open?

Thanks

Hi Cross,

Any progression open at the start of the time restricted zone will be continued until successfully completed but the EA will not open another progression until the time zone has passed and the indicators permit.

John

yeoeleven:
Hi Cross,

Any progression open at the start of the time restricted zone will be continued until successfully completed but the EA will not open another progression until the time zone has passed and the indicators permit.

John

Thanks a lot

S/l

Greetings,

This is my first time posting on this thread. I am using Version 3 which is working well for me, however, I have tried to change the s/l (initital stop) to 55.0 (0 for trailing stop) which doesn't seem to be working. When the trade is placed, the s/l is 85. Is there some other parameter I need to adjust in order to change the s/l?

Regards,

Sam

snunes:
Greetings,

This is my first time posting on this thread. I am using Version 3 which is working well for me, however, I have tried to change the s/l (initital stop) to 55.0 (0 for trailing stop) which doesn't seem to be working. When the trade is placed, the s/l is 85. Is there some other parameter I need to adjust in order to change the s/l?

Regards,

Sam

Please find this is useful.

tururo:
No problem. The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss. See yeoelevens earlier post for dollars example.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Please find this is useful.

Regards

David

Thanks - I missed that post. Great EA - looking forward to the next version.

10p3v0.02

Here we go again my continued testing of this EA since 27th November when the account was $78 and now stands at $149.70.

There are a couple of items to discuss here after the last day's trading firstly the small account had insufficient funds to complete the next progression $2.43 but given time it was able to return to profitability and secondly my live account which had sufficient funds was able to close off very easily and even make another trade whilst the demo was still trying to close the progression.

I have added gifs showing the difference between the two accounts and also note that the live account actually lost money on the progression, this is due to slippage and the trade not closing all at the same price. When the unit has multiplied to that level only one pip in the closing can make the difference between profitability and loss.

All the information about the version and the set. file have been posted recently within the past several pages.

John

Files:
10p3g.htm  201 kb
10p3g.gif  5 kb
demo.gif  62 kb
live.gif  63 kb

yeoeleven:
Here we go again my continued testing of this EA since 27th November when the account was $78 and now stands at $149.70.

There are a couple of items to discuss here after the last day's trading firstly the small account had insufficient funds to complete the next progression $2.43 but given time it was able to return to profitability and secondly my live account which had sufficient funds was able to close off very easily and even make another trade whilst the demo was still trying to close the progression.

I have added gifs showing the difference between the two accounts and also note that the live account actually lost money on the progression, this is due to slippage and the trade not closing all at the same price. When the unit has multiplied to that level only one pip in the closing can make the difference between profitability and loss.

All the information about the version and the set. file have been posted recently within the past several pages.

John

hi yeoeleven,

can i know how many pair u set up for this account?

Do u run this EA 24/5 or what?

thanks

Leverage?

Hi everyone!

I just started Forex this year and have been reading this thread ever since. I'm just at post #100 so I have a lot of catching up to do Occassionaly, I browsed through the last few post just to update myself of what's going on.

John, amazing results on your tests! I am quite amazed on how you managed to open a 2.43 lot with such a small capital. I would imagine on a EURUSD pair, you would need a Free Margin of around 3,600 to do that. What is the leverage that you are given?

I am quite nervous with your settings of Pips=5 and Multiplier=3. This is because last night, there was a pip drop of 60 pips in the EURUSD pair. I would imagine the EA would need to open 12 levels for this! But obviously, looking at your tests, this turn out otherwise. I guess a slight movement in the other direction is enough to close the whole trade group. Amazing. Dangerous, but still amazing.

I have been forward testing the original 10points_3 ver 0.02 for a couple of weeks with the following settings: MaxTrades=5, Pips=15, Lots=0.01, with a starting capital of 400. Unfortunately, when the drop goes more than 60 pips, the EA couldn't open a 5th trade at 0.16 lot because of insufficient funds [Not enough money!]. So how did your broker allow you to open a 2.43 lot with account balance of 140?

Anyway, a newbie question: When you open a live account, what is the typical leverage that the broker gives? I live in the UK and I wanted a micro account, so the obvious choice would be Alpari UK. Anyone has this account?

Thanks, everyone!

Worst Case Scenario

I not sure if someone has already done this.

I'm attaching a simple Excel spreadsheet that calculates a worst case scenario for the 10p3v0.02 EA. In this scenario, a steep drop in the market occurs with no recovery along the way. When this happens, the martingale methodology fail to work. Using the settings from 10p3v0.02, I simulate a condition where the market will continue to drop until a stop loss is triggered. Thus it will then calculate the total loss that has been incurred.

The spreadsheet also gives you a guide on how deep you are protected against a massive pip drop. For example, if your MaxTrades=10 and Pips=10, then you are basically protected from a 100 pip drop, pertaining you have enough capital to continue opening trades until the 10th level, of course.

I will write another Excel spreadsheet to calculate how much capital is needed to for each MaxTrades, Pips, and InitialStop setting. But first I need to understand what leverage is and how the broker calculates free margin.

It is my statement.

I am forward testing 11 pairs in one Metatrader with this EA.

Settings were posted few pages back on this thread.

Files:
10point3.htm  127 kb
10point3.gif  6 kb
Reason: