10points 3.mq4 - page 332

forexjim:
Hi, Yeoeleven,

Many thanks for your quick advice.

Coming from a stock/options background, I am used to paying commisions. The forex brokers tell me, "We don't charge a commision!" But then there is the spread, the slippage, the news related peaks in which we traders only have the chance to lose big and none the chance to win big, because your orders may not get filled in those peak times, and then the hunting, the sniping, and what else there is... In the forex market, is there a fair playground for traders? Maybe that is the reason for you to say "I have found that there is a difference between live and demo and it always is the live which shows the smaller profit."

How bad is this unfairness? The 10p3v0.02 in your demo account reached 200% of the initial deposit. How would it do in a live account, everything else being equal? Would it only reach 150%, 110%, or even going into the red? This is what I wish to find out.

For this tread, I am willing to set up a live account and a demo account with IBFX with same initial deposit, same EURUSD M15, your #3177 EA and set file, and activating of the two accounts within one second of each other. I hope I can show how bad the forax platform unfairness is.

Would you advise: What is the minimum deposit I need to make? Is $78 enough? Could it be lower? Because I assume I am going to lose in the live account.

Thank you for your advice and for the tremendous work you and others here have already accomplished.

Best,

forexjim

I would not say that there would be a huge difference between live and demo and I have been running the two alongside for a long time now. It is only a guess but by the time demo reached 200% the live probably would have reached 180% given similar circumstances. We do not have to worry about times of huge volatility because the EA is programmed to be closed during the NY opening and thereafter. Sure a trade could have started just before the close down and you could be in for trouble but that is always on the cards with progressive EAs. David is constantly reminding us that the account can get blown away and to remove profits from live accounts very often.

I would not bother to set up identical accounts to prove what we all know and can do nothing about. In any case there is a minimum that a live account can be set up with and there is no way that one can be set up with $78. It can easily descend to that level but the broker has minimum for start up accounts. My recommendation is to set up a live account with IBFX and nominate the micro mini account so that you can trade, as I, do with 1c pips.

Set up an account with the minimum that IBFX will allow and you can have fun whilst you get familiar with all the ramifications of using Expert Advisers. I would not assume that you will lose it and you may be pleasantly surprised to actually make a profit. The 0.04 will be available soon it is being forward tested now to ensure that the previous bug that caused multiple progressions has been eliminated. That would be an excellent exercise for a $300 mini account giving the opportunity to trade on any of the 19 pairs available on the metatrader platform.

Learn how to take and post detailed statements and you can also help in the future development of the 10p3 Expert Adviser.

John

yeoeleven:
I would not say that there would be a huge difference between live and demo and I have been running the two alongside for a long time now. It is only a guess but by the time demo reached 200% the live probably would have reached 180% given similar circumstances. We do not have to worry about times of huge volatility because the EA is programmed to be closed during the NY opening and thereafter. Sure a trade could have started just before the close down and you could be in for trouble but that is always on the cards with progressive EAs. David is constantly reminding us that the account can get blown away and to remove profits from live accounts very often.

I would not bother to set up identical accounts to prove what we all know and can do nothing about. In any case there is a minimum that a live account can be set up with and there is no way that one can be set up with $78. It can easily descend to that level but the broker has minimum for start up accounts. My recommendation is to set up a live account with IBFX and nominate the micro mini account so that you can trade, as I, do with 1c pips.

Set up an account with the minimum that IBFX will allow and you can have fun whilst you get familiar with all the ramifications of using Expert Advisers. I would not assume that you will lose it and you may be pleasantly surprised to actually make a profit. The 0.04 will be available soon it is being forward tested now to ensure that the previous bug that caused multiple progressions has been eliminated. That would be an excellent exercise for a $300 mini account giving the opportunity to trade on any of the 19 pairs available on the metatrader platform.

Learn how to take and post detailed statements and you can also help in the future development of the 10p3 Expert Adviser.

John

Agree with you John. Jim, if you already have a blew up account with IBFX, you can anytime fund in atleast 100 dollars for testing EURUSDm only. The minimum requirement of 10p3v0.02 is 100 dollars on EURUSD.

Now if you would like to setup a new account from the scratch, you'll have to fund in 250 as the minimum level. Reminder for you, John is running the EA under the NANO environment(1cent/pip). If you choosed to trade this EA on different broker that only have mini lot(10cent/pip), your initial balance to trade this EA safely will be 1000dollars. Therefore, we have no choice but to run it on IBFX.

Regards

David

It is my statements (demo account).

Files:

Halo..Master2 in trader..

Sorry i'm newbie..I just download the original 10p3..and i'm still confuse with the setting..

1. What is mean "accountis normal" and what number for the best performance in GU H1..

2. What is mean "mm" and same question, give me a set for the best performance in Gu H1

Ok, Thanks

Best setting The ori 10p3

Hello master2 in trading fx

I'm newbie in forex world. I just download the original EA 10p3..and i still confuse with the setting..i try this EA in GU H1..Here's my queston:

1. What is mean "accountis normal" and please give me the best number for this

2. What is mean "mm" and please give me the best number for this too

3. What is mean "secure profit"? ------- : ------------

4. What is mean "account protection" ? ------------:-------------

5. What is mean "orderstop protect"? ---------------:--------------

6. What is mean " reverse condition"? ---------------:---------------

Hoppfully need helps

Thanks

Need Help I'm newbie

I'm newbie in forex world. I just download the original EA 10p3..and i still confuse with the setting..i try this EA in GU H1..Here's my queston:

Plis Hopefully need reply from the master

Thank's

unyil:

Plis Hopefully need reply from the master

Thank's

Hi unyil,

My advise is to read this thread from post number 1. Yes, there are over three thousand posts to read, but this is the best way for anyone to understand the EA personally, especially to follow its developments. All your questions have been answered somewhere in the thread.

I myself am a newbie too. I find it better for me to understand this EA 110% before putting my money to it. I have done reading all the posts (took me a week), did a personal crash course on MQL4 programming, before I'm satisfied that I understand every single line of the code and what it does and how it does it.

BTW, welcome aboard.

10p3v0.02

Hi, Matrixebiz, Yeoeleven, Davidke20,

Many thanks for your advice, which was noted down and will be followed. Statements will be posted when available.

Best,

forexjim

azmel:
Hi unyil,

My advise is to read this thread from post number 1. Yes, there are over three thousand posts to read, but this is the best way for anyone to understand the EA personally, especially to follow its developments. All your questions have been answered somewhere in the thread.

Exactly. This way a person becomes accustomed to what everyone else is talking about, and they can actually make some contribution. As opposed to asking the same questions that have been answered many times already.

Reason: