Download MetaTrader 5

Halving position

To add comments, please log in or register
suznmark
suznmark  

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what's the most efficient way in MT4 to halve my position on a trade. For example I've made 20 pips on 4 mini contracts and I want to take the profit on two of the contracts and then continue with the trade on the other two contracts for another 20 pips.

In a long trade for example, do I have to close my trade on the 4 contracts and then buy another 2 contracts or should I just sell 2 contracts at the 2 pip mark leaving me with 2 contracts? Or is there a better way.

Cheers, Mark

Stuart Browne
Stuart Browne  
suznmark:

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what's the most efficient way in MT4 to halve my position on a trade. For example I've made 20 pips on 4 mini contracts and I want to take the profit on two of the contracts and then continue with the trade on the other two contracts for another 20 pips.

In a long trade for example, do I have to close my trade on the 4 contracts and then buy another 2 contracts or should I just sell 2 contracts at the 2 pip mark leaving me with 2 contracts? Or is there a better way.

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark

You could close all and then re-buy/sell 1/2 the amount but you will be paying more spread and/or commission. Your first idea is the best, just close out 1/2 the position using something like:

OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots()/2,varClosePrice,varSlippage,varColour);

Cheers
Stu

Biantoro Kunarto
Biantoro Kunarto  
Filter:

Hi Mark

You could close all and then re-buy/sell 1/2 the amount but you will be paying more spread and/or commission. Your first idea is the best, just close out 1/2 the position using something like:

Cheers
Stu

Hi, I think you must normalize the lot size before that

int DigitLot = 2;
double Lot = NormalizeDouble(OrderLots()/2,DigitLot);
OrderClose(OrderTicket(),Lot,varClosePrice,varSlippage,varColour);
Stuart Browne
Stuart Browne  
biantoro:

Hi, I think you must normalize the lot size before that

Yes, as well as other error checking (eg min lots)
To add comments, please log in or register