10points 3.mq4 - page 42

yeoeleven:
The magical number was added by tururo and his amended version of 10 points3 called 10points3 Dynamic stop can be found on page 18 of this thread. It was amended following discussions there and the reasons are outlined in that area of the thread.

I have added that information not to diminish Matt's efforts but to show where the magical number originally came from. When the thread gets into many pages it is easy to miss such pivotal posts.

John

Thank you , John.

The 10points3 dynamic stop works good for me.

There is one important feature in 10point3 and it probably is in the dynamic version too which cost me 2% of my margin ( the profit of a whole day).

I had a big argument with support of InterbankFX about this and demanded a refund, but he proved that the EA made the mistake.

What happened ?

I have tp 10 pips and maxtrades=10.

My lot-size is 0.1 in a Micro-account with IBFX.

The EA opened 6 positions short EURUSD because the price went up.

Distance between orders is 8 pips.

The seventh position was requested by the EA but not filled by IBFX.

The price was requoted with a deviation of 4 pips.

The EA somehow confirmed the new price and the 7th position was opened at 4 pips distance instead of 8 pips distance.

The EA did not change the tp, thus the tp for this position was 6pips instead of 10 pips away from entry.

That caused the big loss.

Only 6 pips tp was not enough to cover the losses of the previous 6 orders.

If someone is able to correct this EA ?

It should change the tp in a situation like this.

Just wondering...

Has anyone tried or would anyone know what would happen if you changed the level that this EA scales in? As with the current settings I see if you bought at .7500 you would double up at .7485 and again at .7470. What if you change it to do the following..if you bought at .7500 it would double up at .7475 and then again at .7450? I am thinking you would need to make other adjustments as well?

Scaling

JN75:
Has anyone tried or would anyone know what would happen if you changed the level that this EA scales in? As with the current settings I see if you bought at .7500 you would double up at .7485 and again at .7470. What if you change it to do the following..if you bought at .7500 it would double up at .7475 and then again at .7450? I am thinking you would need to make other adjustments as well?

Pips15 would be changed to Pips25 to change the incremental scaling. Similar to changing the TP40 to TP25 and the MaxTrades10 to MaxTrades6, we have not experimented with Pips15 but expect that is all that would be needed.

John

mikon12:
Thank you , John.

The 10points3 dynamic stop works good for me.

There is one important feature in 10point3 and it probably is in the dynamic version too which cost me 2% of my margin ( the profit of a whole day).

I had a big argument with support of InterbankFX about this and demanded a refund, but he proved that the EA made the mistake.

What happened ?

I have tp 10 pips and maxtrades=10.

My lot-size is 0.1 in a Micro-account with IBFX.

The EA opened 6 positions short EURUSD because the price went up.

Distance between orders is 8 pips.

The seventh position was requested by the EA but not filled by IBFX.

The price was requoted with a deviation of 4 pips.

The EA somehow confirmed the new price and the 7th position was opened at 4 pips distance instead of 8 pips distance.

The EA did not change the tp, thus the tp for this position was 6pips instead of 10 pips away from entry.

That caused the big loss.

Only 6 pips tp was not enough to cover the losses of the previous 6 orders.

If someone is able to correct this EA ?

It should change the tp in a situation like this.

You could alter the value of slippage to a lower value. It is set to 5 by default, which means a price of up to 5 pips from the current price will be accepted. With your low values of pips and takeprofit this will have big effect. If you make it a lower value then the down side is that during times of high volatility orders will sometimes not be placed until the price has moved on. A mod could be made to adjust the take profit after the trade was opened, when the entry price was known.

The Pipstep of (15) appears to be low however if you increase the Pipstep to like 18-20 this increase's the risk if you hit the Max trades. As a comparison for FIREBIRD most Pipsteps for that EA is usually between 18-25. I think a Pipstep from 18-20 would be acceptable for This EA. (10point3)

Hi ppl,

If you increase pips steps will be more dificult the EA make profit.. because the stop profit have to be more longer to make profit and the cross have to do a bigger retration.

10point error-recalculation function

taken from mql4.com by Andrey Khatimlyanskyy

template

int start()

{

// check whether the market should be entered now

// calculate the Stop Loss and Take Profit levels, and lot size

// check whether trade context is free

int TradeAllow = _IsTradeAllowed();

if(TradeAllow < 0)

{

return(-1);

}

if(TradeAllow == 0)

{

RefreshRates();

// recalculate the Take Profit and Stop Loss levels

}

// open a position

if(OrderSend(...) < 0)

Alert("Error opening position # ", GetLastError());

return(0);

}[/CODE]

function

[CODE]/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// int _IsTradeAllowed( int MaxWaiting_sec = 30 )

//

// the function checks the trade context status. Return codes:

// 1 - trade context is free, trade allowed

// 0 - trade context was busy, but became free. Trade is allowed only after

// the market info has been refreshed.

// -1 - trade context is busy, waiting interrupted by the user (expert was removed from

// the chart, terminal was shut down, the chart period and/or symbol was changed, etc.)

// -2 - trade context is busy, the waiting limit is reached (MaxWaiting_sec).

// Possibly, the expert is not allowed to trade (checkbox "Allow live trading"

// in the expert settings).

//

// MaxWaiting_sec - time (in seconds) within which the function will wait

// until the trade context is free (if it is busy). By default,30.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

int _IsTradeAllowed(int MaxWaiting_sec = 30)

{

// check whether the trade context is free

if(!IsTradeAllowed())

{

int StartWaitingTime = GetTickCount();

Print("Trade context is busy! Wait until it is free...");

// infinite loop

while(true)

{

// if the expert was terminated by the user, stop operation

if(IsStopped())

{

Print("The expert was terminated by the user!");

return(-1);

}

// if the waiting time exceeds the time specified in the

// MaxWaiting_sec variable, stop operation, as well

if(GetTickCount() - StartWaitingTime > MaxWaiting_sec * 1000)

{

Print("The waiting limit exceeded (" + MaxWaiting_sec + " sec.)!");

return(-2);

}

// if the trade context has become free,

if(IsTradeAllowed())

{

Print("Trade context has become free!");

return(0);

}

// if no loop breaking condition has been met, "wait" for 0.1

// second and then restart checking Sleep(100);

}

}

else

{

Print("Trade context is free!");

return(1);

}

}

The code checks to see if theres a busy trade context error, and if it is, it will wait (30 seconds or stopped by user) untill the trade context will be available. Once available will recalculate the TP and SL.

mikon12:
John,

thank you very much for your hint.

Unfortunately this cannot be the cause of the problem.

I have a mini InterbankFX live-account.

There the symbols have the "m" attached.

EURUSDm for example.

I have the 10points3 running with 0.1 lot-size ( 10 cents per pip ) and it works perfectly.

It has no problems with the symbol.

Then I have the 10point3 running at FXDD (micro, which allows 0.01 lot-sizes) and it again works with lot-size 0.1 but does not work with lot-size 0.01.

It opens the first position with 0.01 , then it is not able to double the position when necessary. It is like a dead rat.

When the first position reaches tp, the position is closed with the profit.

Then it opens a new position with 0.01 lot-size and is dead again.

I have no idea why this happens.

try to change accountnormal = 2

mtaboneweb:
I felt it was also important to mention that I have never gone over 4 trades on the EUR/USD although I did make the changes to SecureProfit and OrderstoProtect to insure a greater profit when they closed with more than 2 positions. What was happening is that by default OrderstoProtect is 3 and when you reached a 3rd position it would be looking to get out with 10pt SecureProfit. My changes to these settings allows me not to panic until I have hit the 4th (less frequent) position and then even when that happens try for 14pts instead of 10.

The USD/CHF just brought my account balance down in a live scenario and has been rising very nicely since the changes and running only the EUR/USD. Also, I never turn off the software. I have never manually closed trades. Anything that happens is allowed to happen regardless of reports, news, the weekend, etc. This may sound dangerous to some and I guess someday it may be but these events all cause the market to actually move rather than flat lining for hours/days. In my opinion, so far, I look forward to these times and has actually helped the market to move enough to close some trades (with a profit every time so far). So far, even if it goes slightly in the wrong direction and opens a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, position it has always backed off a bit before continuing which is where I make a bigger profit because of more trades in larger amounts unless it is 4-6 which is more modest. I don't get upset if it opens 2-3 because I know that the profit will be larger and I still have room/time to close.

Here is an update I just ran which shows 3 open positions that may go to 4 but if it sinks enough it will be a decent profit at 3 trades. The lot sizes are screwed up because I was testing the MM after the 1st position was already open and it seemed like no matter how low I went it would not start below 0.30 lots. Right now I am starting at 0.24 which is right where I want to be. I will have to experiment more.

Thank you to everyone for all the support, information, teamwork, etc. I feel far better with this EA and setup than I have with anything else I've tried in the past 12 months and it's all automatic in 1 piece of software. I have written well over 100 variations of scripts for Intellicharts using almost every indicator available and many combinations with great results thru back testing but always fell apart in a live situation. The idea of opening a double position each time you go in the opposite direction to give you another chance and secure a profit at the same time seemed crazy to me at first but it really does work. The person who originally wrote this EA is the one who greatly deserves my thanks and also to everyone else who has contributed.

i am a believer of this EA... i think you will make a success when the setting is right..i mean in the long run...

what is the latest EA posted in order to open 0.02 and 0.04 for micro?

kentashiburo:
If you set it to 0 you will have no stoploss whatsoever.

Stop loss can be deducted:

if

PIPS=X

MAxtrades=Y

then StopLoss= (X+1)*y,

Pips=5

MAxtrades=5

Stoploss = (1+5)*5=30

kt

how do you get this formula?

thanks dude...it will definitely help in the long run....

Reason: