Random entry EA - page 2

Hello Beno,

Nice results but only 47% modeling quality? Good luck with running that live.

Regards,

Jeff

Beno:
Gidday bobfourie

I am using GetTickCount() as the seed on a 1hour TF

Attached is a back test for what they are worth. in theory the pair and time frame should not matter.

Looks good so far if it carries on like that I might not be so crazy after all LOL

Cheers

Beno

azjeff:
Hello Beno,

Nice results but only 47% modeling quality? Good luck with running that live.

Regards,

Jeff

Thanks azjeff

The modeling quality is not that great so i will need all the luck I can get lol.

Is there any one who can let me know what the maximum MQ pecentage you can achieve on each time frame.

1 min = 25%

5 min = 25%

15 min = ???

30 min = ???

1 hr min = ???

4hr + min = 90%

Interesting I don't know what is happening with the EA but I am running it on Several pair and the orders seem to be opening on one pair then whenanother pair open it closes the original never seen that before.

##any solutions##

Cheers

Beno

Hmm, there is probably a loop code, and or op_buy code that is running that prevents one pair from opening another.

sorry school boy error but that not the problem would a magic number sort it out

I think i'm need to start again but I will explain what I am trying to do.

It's a two coin toss experiment

coin 1 is heads = sell and tails = buy

fliped on a new bar sounds simple enough i think.

Coin 2 is exits tails = closesell and heads = closebuy

but all i want to do is close the first position be it either a buy or sell.

Example

bar1 = coin1= heads and coin2 = heads

bar2 = coin1= heads and coin2 = heads

bar3 = coin1= heads and coin2 = tails from bar1

I thinks thats as clear as mud and thats what I have been trying to code into an ea so if you have done anything similar or can help that would be great.

Cheers

Beno

Beno:
I think i'm need to start again but I will explain what I am trying to do.

It's a two coin toss experiment

coin 1 is heads = sell and tails = buy

fliped on a new bar sounds simple enough i think.

Coin 2 is exits tails = closesell and heads = closebuy

but all i want to do is close the first position be it either a buy or sell.

Example

bar1 = coin1= heads and coin2 = heads

bar2 = coin1= heads and coin2 = heads

bar3 = coin1= heads and coin2 = tails from bar1

I thinks thats as clear as mud and thats what I have been trying to code into an ea so if you have done anything similar or can help that would be great.

Cheers

Beno

I have gone in another direction. Instead of using random entry points when an new bar forms, I have random entry times and exit times. How long each trade will be open are random, and how long to wait between trades are also random. The maximum time for these periods can be changed in the external parameters of the ea

Files:

nice one bob as long as it's random it does not matter if its time, price or a coin toss

I will give it ago

Have changed the random generator a bit, much more random now. Any ideas for an MM? Was thinking maybe of an martingale, double lots each time the last order was an loss. This does mean that if the last loss was an big one, the next trade with the double lots could close with an lower profit since it's closing at an random period.

Could also adjust the lot sizes according to the time the trade will be open since these values are known before the order are placed. The longer the orders are open the more probability the order has for greater volatility. Then an martingale system could be more effective.

Any other ideas? TP or SL maybe?

Files:

Updated EA, works in different currencies now

Files:
Reason: