10points 3.mq4 - page 49

Here is the rest of the reports...

Here is the rest of the reports...

Go home and continue to drive your 2005 Kenari.

kenari05:
har har har now its 60% profit...screenshot available upon request...

Eh kenari05,

I don't think you are welcome in this forum. You are boasting and teasing with your parameters setting using someone else good EA.

Heh watch out! It is illegal to trade forex in your country, Isn't?

There is no rules and regulation to limit any one to trade forex. Just make sure your country allow you to wire back the money you made from FOREX. Get a offshore account, wire back your money to the offshore account, nobody will say your guilt! I dont know whether his country allow him to wire back his money, but I'm sure he's not welcome. Anyway, forget about that stupid thing. The latest setting aint work during announcement. It closely wipeout my account due to the Chicago PMi...

mtaboneweb:
By the way, kenari05 has to keep his eyes closed so he doesn't benefit from this post since he wont share...
Greentooth:
Eh kenari05,

I don't think you are welcome in this forum. You are boasting and teasing with your parameters setting using someone else good EA.

Heh watch out! It is illegal to trade forex in your country, Isn't?

Ok, i have the IP Adress from this guy, i send a copy of this thread to his goverment...

kenari05:
har har har now its 60% profit...screenshot available upon request.

Hello Kenari05,

After this day, it would be very interesting to see your results with these moves.

Second request

Forward testing

It is 4AM here and I have just woken up to find that USDCHF has closed off MaxTrades6 for a loss for the first time and EURUSD is trading at the 6th level currently.

The author of this EA sets MaxTrades10 as his default but the difficulty is that one needs a large account to handle that progression without having a margin call so the problem is where do we set that level. I have had a failure at MaxTrades6 for the first time in several weeks and that has cost $1286.68 just about wiping out the profit from the last 2 weeks of $1517. Starting from .1 unit and closing at 3.2 units per trade.

Using a different platform and with all 4 pairs set at MaxTrades5 this week has seen GBPUSD close out twice and USDJPY once. The other pairs were trading in the right direction for profit so why was one copy of this EA working in the opposite direction than the other?

Once again proving the advantage of a demo accounts and adding to our knowledge of how dangerous this EA is.

John

yeoeleven:
It is 4AM here and I have just woken up to find that USDCHF has closed off MaxTrades6 for a loss for the first time and EURUSD is trading at the 6th level currently.

The author of this EA sets MaxTrades10 as his default but the difficulty is that one needs a large account to handle that progression without having a margin call so the problem is where do we set that level. I have had a failure at MaxTrades6 for the first time in several weeks and that has cost $1286.68 just about wiping out the profit from the last 2 weeks of $1517. Starting from .1 unit and closing at 3.2 units per trade.

Using a different platform and with all 4 pairs set at MaxTrades5 this week has seen GBPUSD close out twice and USDJPY once. The other pairs were trading in the right direction for profit so why was one copy of this EA working in the opposite direction than the other?

Once again proving the advantage of a demo accounts and adding to our knowledge of how dangerous this EA is.

John

John,

Thanks for the information and sorry to hear about the loss even though it's a demo. The problem with this EA is the way it determines a long/short position. We are working on a 30 minute timeframe and the entry may be made at any moment the chart ticks. It works on MACD history bars. If the current (not closed) bar is currently less than the previous bar then the EA says short and vice versa. To me I would think it needs a little more to go on than that. You might as well flip a coin since the bar isn't closed and we have no solid gaurantee it will close up or down from the previous bar. The history bars on an MACD indicator is not even really reliable when it comes to making a long/short decision by itself since the Signal needs to be looked at as well. This is why I started testing the Terminator EA because there are 5 other possible indicators to use that may get your/our positions in a better direction to start. More often than not I have seen this indicator open positions in directions I would not have chosen looking at the chart manually. I believe the theory behind doubling positions is a great idea but as we've all seen it can hurt a lot if the currency is rocketing in the wrong direction. Better indicator support would help to make a better decision on which direction we should be going in. This EA as it is could possibly open a buy and sell on 2 different accounts if you didn't start them at the exact same time depending on where the MACD bar was when you started the EA. The Terminator may not be the complete answer but I feel that looking at different indicators and possible combination may help this EA to function better/faster. Another problem I have had is watching it open short only to slowly climb and then your forced to wait it out for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. position to finally get you out when a better heading to begin with might allow you to make more trades. I have seen positions that were left open for hours waiting for some sort of slow bounce to get out.

Critical days...

By the way, I was also reminded that there are 3 very critical days for news. The first Friday of each month, another on or around the 13th of each month, and today (the last Tuesday of each month) which I believe is the consumer confidence report or something like that. I have restarted the USD/CHF on the 10point3 EA on my live account. The problem was that I was to far gone in a direction when the news hit and it went for me on the EUR/USD and further against me on the USD/CHF. I don't really think it necessary to stop during typical data/news but these 3 larger more critical reports/news is most likely a good time to get out of open positions before they come out. I will try to get more clarification on the actual times these reports come out on those days.

misunderstanding

mr.trader:
the only thing i can say to that story... AWAY WITH HIM, HE COME HERE TAKE OUR KNOW HOW AND THAN HE TWIT US...
A - W - A - Y !!!!

i don't want this issue to take more than it really should take but i want to remove misunderstanding might be happened here.

when davidke20 said that we should ignore kenari05 i agreed to his talk so i said OK man ( i meant davidke20) I'm with u ,cause from beginning i' was first one who conflicted with kenari05 and his way in dealing with us and u can read that in page 45 in post 441.

hope that clear this issue.

and all my respect to yeoeleven

Trading the News

mtaboneweb:
By the way, I was also reminded that there are 3 very critical days for news. The first Friday of each month, another on or around the 13th of each month, and today (the last Tuesday of each month) which I believe is the consumer confidence report or something like that. I have restarted the USD/CHF on the 10point3 EA on my live account. The problem was that I was to far gone in a direction when the news hit and it went for me on the EUR/USD and further against me on the USD/CHF. I don't really think it necessary to stop during typical data/news but these 3 larger more critical reports/news is most likely a good time to get out of open positions before they come out. I will try to get more clarification on the actual times these reports come out on those days.

I use

http://www.forexfactory.com/index.php?page=calendar&week=1162080000&month=11&timezoneoffset= together with a free subscription to http://www.secretforexsociety.com/about.php?PHPSESSID=f92b91c405c72b8e7eb93462afe42505

Daily news reports are emailed to me by Felix from the secretforexsociety

Last mondays report is copied here.

Okay, here is what's going on tomorrow.

1. Tuesday, October 31st, 2006 (8:30 am New York Time) CANADA

We have Canadian GDP coming out for the month of August. Most economists predict that it will be around 0.2% to 0.3%. If it comes out at 0.5% or higher, I may possibly go short on EUR/CAD. If it comes out at 0.0% or negative, I may possibly go long on EUR/CAD. I like trading EUR/CAD on this report, because it has much bigger range, due to Canadian dollar being much cheaper in comparison to Euros as opposed to U.S. dollars. Also, there is another employment index report coming out simultaneously out of United States, and I don't want any conflicts associated with trading USD cross pair. If my triggers get hit, I would expect a move of around 50 pips.

2. Tuesday, October 31st, 2006 (10:00 am New York Time) USA

We have Consumer Confidence coming out of United States, together with Chicago PMI. I'll focus on Consumer confidence to make an immediate trade before the spike, however once I am in, I will definitely take into consideration the Chicago PMI, and if there are conflicts, I will exit immediately.

Basically consumer confidence is the first report for the month of October, and is more important this month than usual, because it's expected to be way better than last month, due to low gas prices, which is supposed to counter the depressing housing situation that high interest rates have caused. It's expected to come out at 108.0 versus 104.5 last month. If the number comes out at 104.5 or lower, that would mean that lower gas prices had very little effect, and would re-confirm depressing situation for the dollar. If the number comes out at 110 or higher, we are starting off the month of October reports with a lot of hope for a better month for the U.S. than September. So if the number comes out at 104.5 or lower, I may possibly go long on GBP/USD. If the number comes out at 110.0 or higher, I may possibly go short on GBP/USD. Anything in between would be a no trade. As soon as I am in a trade, I'll look at Chicago PMI, and if it comes out not conflicting, it would be very nice. If it conflicts by a lot, I may consider exiting, if it conflicts just by a little, I may stay. I'll have to see when the situation arises...too many possibilities to make predictions.

That's all folks

To Our Success!

-Felix Homogratus

It has been my belief that with the spikes and retractions we are mostly safe and in 50% of the time we will be trading in the right direction. We have just had the exception but taken in context of several weeks testing it is just a hiccup. The only real threat consistantly to this EA is the NFP coming out 8.30AMEST on the first Friday of the month. If the trades goes wrong there is little time prior to the weekend to recover and I always close off prior to the Non Farm Payroll report.

John

Reason: