HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 65

fxcruiser:
I am sorry guys/gals, I haven't been able to reply to most of the recent posts. I have been very busy with the projects, finalizing soon to be released H2, Traders Lounge, etc. Also, I haven't been trading forex for a couple of days. However, I just can't refuse this particular early trade on GBP/USD when I woke up this morning. I am posting a couple of charts here, first one on v1 Original and the next on H2 (sorry, I can't resist).

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

No worries, take a breath and enjoy your cervezas while you're at it!

I think most of us here understand what it is like to be in the throes of a project. Just let us know you're breathing once in awhile!!! Looking forward to trader's lounge and Allilah. Personally, I probably won't actually let EA do trades for me (maybe when I'm sleeping though), but since I'm systematic, I NEED explicit rules like are necessary to write an EA. Trader's lounge will hopefully help me refine my intuition.

BW

fxcruiser:
I use PFG FX's MT4 platform for charting purposes only to trade S&P and NQ eminis. At times, I also use the Dow Jones symbol as guide when I trade YM. The MT4 symbols are #EPZ6 (S&P) and #ENQZ6 (NQ) for the current contract period. _DJI for Dow Jones. However, I trade these contracts, demo and live, on a regular futures broker using DOM, an order management platform.

I know that North Finance, Neuimex, and Alpari, among others, have these symbols. You just have to add them to your Market Watch along with your forex pairs.

I am doing the emini traders count here because I am planning to have an E-Mini Learning Center with the Trading Room separate from the Forex one, within the Traders Lounge.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

FXC,

That was actually a question I was planning on asking you later down the track. It seems you're planning two steps ahead...!

Thanks...

My 2 cents worth

It's time for me to add my 2 cents worth to this forum. I have been following it for months. I have been trading this system for months now. I call it the ribbon before I was aware of this thread. I feel fxcruiser has made a valant effort in helping everyone. All systems will have its drawbacks and only time, testing and self control can and will make anyone sucessfull at trading.

I have always respected TSD as a forum for people to share. Even though I don't post here and rarely ever post on forums, it was quite upseting to see fxcruiser being critisized for all he has done to help everyone. This is not an Oanda forum where everyone takes cheap shots at each other. It takes less effort to post something positive than negative. Don't critisize but make recommendations on how to improve.

Fxcruiser I commend you for helping people because I gave up a while ago, simply because of the recent comments on this thread. I have alot of experience in forex and make my living through this venue. If you would like help refining please post a reply.

George

fxcruiser:
I use PFG FX's MT4 platform for charting purposes only to trade S&P and NQ eminis. At times, I also use the Dow Jones symbol as guide when I trade YM. The MT4 symbols are #EPZ6 (S&P) and #ENQZ6 (NQ) for the current contract period. _DJI for Dow Jones. However, I trade these contracts, demo and live, on a regular futures broker using DOM, an order management platform.

I know that North Finance, Neuimex, and Alpari, among others, have these symbols. You just have to add them to your Market Watch along with your forex pairs.

I am doing the emini traders count here because I am planning to have an E-Mini Learning Center with the Trading Room separate from the Forex one, within the Traders Lounge.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Hi

If you do not have a live account , the data for futures are normally delayed by 15 minutes; is it the same with PFG's MT4 platform? Are you running a live or a demo account for charting purposes? If demo is it for a limited period of time or permanent?

Like yourself I trade on the DOM but if I could get an MT4 charting, that would be great.

Regards

howard

Good Morning Everyone,

It's great to see that the Hama family is coming out of the closet(so to speak).Any thread,group etc is just a mini representation of life itself.I have given talks to thousands of people about choosing positiveness rather than spewing negative crap in their lives.The choice is to surround yourself with "like" souls.Most of this thread consists of "like" souls who choose to help and learn and share and mostly encourage others on their journey.I am seeing more and more new names on this thread and I'm glad your speaking up and giving support to FXcruiser and others here.Lets make the traders lounge a success also by attending,speaking up and sharing with others.FXC has gone more than the extra mile so lets support his work by participating.

To address the emini topic,Windsor 4 Direct also has gold,silver,dow,S&P,Oil and many more indicies to trade.Mind you the spreads are not as favourable as trading directly with a futures broker.We use their charts in the family business in trading and dealing currencies and physical metals accross the counter and the signal is bang on with E-Signal which we also have(and costs and arm and a leg).

Just a side note to show how far this business has come.In 1987 after charting with graph paper by hand in many commodities and stocks,I signed a contract for my first satelite service direct to the floor.For one year the cost $20,000.Thats right 20 grand.I was in 2 full S&P contracts long on that black October day that the market lost 25%.My broker called in a panic after my account was down 11K and I calmly said just reverse.He advised me quite strongly to get out as quickly as I could which after additional preasure from him did just that.The end result would have been plus $40,000 on the reverse had I not listened to the voice of "experience".So 29 years later we still get and hear the "voices of experience" telling us what to do,or whats right for us,but in the end our "inner voice" directs us to the right choices and people.I think you get my point.

I would follow FXC to the ends of the world if he asked for my help.Not because he's sharing a method that will be successful and will make me money,but because his unconditional giving and positiveness speaks volumes about him.

David

Well said Spiritfriends.

George

Yes, very well said.

spiritfriends:

I would follow FXC to the ends of the world if he asked for my help.Not because he's sharing a method that will be successful and will make me money,but because his unconditional giving and positiveness speaks volumes about him.

David

exactly!!!!!!!!

Nice signals this morning

Hey all,

Nice signals so far this morning on HAMA PAD V1. Anyone in? Unfortunately, I was elsewhere at the time...I've got a lot going on right now. I think I need to really get a morning routine that includes checking HAMA, also stupid time change caught me (I'm from Indiana, and we just went over to daylight savings)...sigh. Luckily, I'm long EUR/USD anyway, due to other systems. But it would've been nice to catch the HAMA signal in order to increase my exposure. One thing I'm realizing that works for me is when I have a distinct advantage, a really good opportunity, I need to press it. This morning is a great example of that. Of course, the flipside is true too...know when to scale down. This is kind of like poker...when you've got AA in the pocket you should press quick and hard. Other times you might limp into the pot, and many times you should fold. The other great card game that can help our trading is bridge...most of my trading is bridge.

BW

Hi

nice trade today

Files:
today1_2.gif  13 kb
Reason: