SideWinder for CCI: My first release - page 9

Hi CUBESTEAK

cubesteak:
.... that these type of indicators would be highly dependent upon the highs and lows of each bar, and if there is one thing that I've noticed between feeds, its how the highs and lows change from provider to provider...

You are almost correct, the highs and lows do not play any role in these calculations, but the CLOSE prices do. But as I said in my prev. post, even a slight difference now and then will add up in the end and can lead to a "switch" flip on one feed and not on another. So I would agree with you sure.

Also, it was my understanding that the original reason that CZI and SW weren't coded was that MT4 doesn't have a calculation for the instantaneous slope of some of the other line calculations. Sierra chart, being an analytics program only (no trading platform), seem to be more sophisticated in a few ways like this. I'm assuming that the code you received somehow figured the slope into it and this calculation may be a more of a good (or poor!) approximation of what sierra charts is doing, but it may not be perfect.

I am aware of folk spreading the rumor that this is not possible, and I can assure you that calculating the slope of any indicator is a trivial matter in MT4, if you know how. This was actually the reason why I made the initial SW display the angles of the EMA34 en LSMA25 in the top left hand corner. These angles where 100% accurate and is also easy to test. MT4 has a Angle Trendline tool which measures the angle of any trendline, this was used to confirm the accuracy of each line. The slopes are also just calcualted for the last 2 bars which is very easy to do, slope however is not angle, to get slope converted to angle you need to use the aTan function which MT4 definately has in stock and works 100% as well. CZI does not use angle or slope at all regardless of what some folks have coded for AmiBroker.

The real question, as I see it, is what is the usefulness of this indicator - does it keep us out of trouble, as the original SW and CZI were meant to...

This is exactly what I said and meant in my prev. and other posts as well. In the end, regardless of one or two colors being out of whack due to price feed discreptancies or a rounding factor difference in programing languages etc.,it still remains a remarkable tool and does EXACTLY what it was meant to do. CZI simply tells the direction, Aqua long, Brown short. That however is not enough and you need something to tell you the QUALITY of the trend, which is EXACTLY what SideWinder does again, Green, strong trend, Yellow, normal not so strong, possibly changing trend, and Red for flat crappy rubish.

When you take a look back on the charts you place this on, it really is very easy to see how it all comes together when you start comparing the above logic to what actually happens on the price chart itself, when there is a tradable trend where a person can take a high probability shot at a pullback trade, dip trade or ZLR ( all the same thing ), then these indicators will be right there telling you all about it, and when it's time to take a hike in the mountains and forget about trading for the time being, it will tell you that also.

I have the original formulas for these indicators plus many clones, most of the clones are useless and does not conform to the real logic and their maths are flawd as well, but the CZI that Red Duke coded and the CZI overlay that I coded are 100% the real McCoy. The SideWinder that I coded is also 100% the real McCoy, the differences in display between them and the ones in the chat rooms can only be a combination of price feed differences that add up over time ( moving averages are calcualted of say 34 and 25 bars as in this case ) and due to the people running the chat rooms making changes to settings and not making them public. ( We all use/used moving averages for example, when we come down to the nitty gritty of the values at each point at the end of each bar and during its formation, on different platforms, we shall soon notice that these differences we speak of in SW and CZi are there as well, in fact it is in any indicator, what you put in is what you get out...)

I am sure Woodie himself and others are aware of differences and are not really concerned about a color here and there being out of order, as in the end, if you continue taking the higher probability trades, you will succeed.

And I think that will be evident in the next few weeks as we use them in trading. Please don't give up on these yet FX Sniper - you've done a great service to the community, and we all really appreciate it!

Yep, forward testing it was the main intention here right from the start, perhaps not to see how it confirms each colour in the chat charts, but perhaps rather how well it works in MT4 and how well it responds to the feeds in MT4, is one better than the other etc. If the logic driving these indicators are sound and robust, it should work on any feed just as well as it does on the ones in the chat room.

Ok, I'm off to the market to go buy some pippies.

Best wishes,

FX Sniper

Feeling better today. Biting my stressball in half seems to have done the trick

Files:

Hi,

I see this thread has has been hit just over 4300 times already since it was started, anyone have any feedback as to how this is working for them ?

Best wishes !

FX Sniper

My observations are that, like the Woodie-endorsed indicator, it does filter some bad trades in conjunction with CZI. The video Woodie does (thanks whoever provided the link!), showing how to use them together is worth seeing. However, like all filters, it also keeps you out of moves you might otherwise take. Lots of nice moves emerge from congestion and sometimes, this will keep you out or get you in late if the move does follow through. It all comes down to how agressive you trade and what your other trading rules are.

In the attached chart, the first sell trade is a GB100, a high-probability trade, that works out but is filtered. The second buy trade is 'green-lit' by the indicators.

Files:
czisw_eg.gif  22 kb

Hi FX_Sniper,

Thanks very much for your reply, AND for the coding, AND for the sharing, AND for the guidance, AND...

Well, you get my point.

I'll post my observations here as they come, I'm sure its frustrating to have 4300 views and little feedback.

All the best to you,

CS

Hi Folks !

Thanks Thruline and Cubesteak for your feedback and comments. Look forward to hearing more about all this etc.

For now, I have updated both CZI and SW and they are available at post 24. Cleared up the clutter in the title display and made CZI a little bit more visible.

I have also had some free time after my nice news trade earlier on and made a new customized CCI indicator which will draw the LSMA indicator on the Zero Line just like in eSignal etc. If it was not for the limiting buffers in MT4, we could of had the whole thing in one, but baby steps for now

Hope you like it !

FX Sniper

Files:
comcci.gif  20 kb

FX_Sniper:
Hi Folks !

Thanks Thruline and Cubesteak for your feedback and comments. Look forward to hearing more about all this etc.

For now, I have updated both CZI and SW and they are available at post 24. Cleared up the clutter in the title display and made CZI a little bit more visible.

I have also had some free time after my nice news trade earlier on and made a new customized CCI indicator which will draw the LSMA indicator on the Zero Line just like in eSignal etc. If it was not for the limiting buffers in MT4, we could of had the whole thing in one, but baby steps for now

Hope you like it !

FX Sniper

NICE! I was just in the process of starting that!

Hi,

Hey CubeSteak, great minds think alike LOL

Well, as I said, it would be great to have the whole lot together, but I must also admit, that I am quite impressed by how tings can be done to some extent in MT4. Sure for every one line of Metastock code we need about 20 in MT4 but what the hell, it keeps our minds sharp whahahahaha

Anyhow, here is happy snap I just put together to help illustrate some usefulness.

Best wishes,

FX Sniper

Files:
working.gif  39 kb

FX_Sniper:
Hi,

Hey CubeSteak, great minds think alike LOL

Well, as I said, it would be great to have the whole lot together, but I must also admit, that I am quite impressed by how tings can be done to some extent in MT4. Sure for every one line of Metastock code we need about 20 in MT4 but what the hell, it keeps our minds sharp whahahahaha

Anyhow, here is happy snap I just put together to help illustrate some usefulness.

Best wishes,

FX Sniper

Nice snapshot! A perfect example of why I'm so happy you've made these available!

On missing some trades - hey, nothing is sure fire, we just need something that gives us an edge that we can understand and trade. As long as we are profitable at least 51% of the time, we're ok, right

Thanks again...

-CS

To day I realy try it at the news time and it work like a charm , it fits the buy signal before the new . excellento FX-S

Files:
gg.gif  34 kb
Reason: