SideWinder for CCI: My first release - page 11

Hi,

Good news so long, I have gone over my code and I think I might be able to pull this off without even adding another buffer

Will let you know how it works out in about an hour !

Happy hunting

FX Sniper

Hi, Yup, take your point about revealing all.I have been up since 3 am today!, and not thinking too clearly.

I will try and send the cci over, though i am not wise to emailing indicators so dont hold your breath.It is the DoubleCCI_Woodies by Jason Robinson, by the way if you come across it.

napeharm

Hi there,

Napeharm, thanks for the email and post, got them both.

I am getting a bit confuse now Eithe You or Cubesteak, could you please post a snapshot of how this should look in the end.

I think I misunderstood you and now think that perhaps you mean the grey histos should actually not be there at all, instead it either flips red for below ZL or green for above ZL and then on the 6th bar, it is a different color so we can see where the trend start is - I am however not sure about this either now hahahahahaha

Please let me know if this is correct and please post a snap shot of how it should look... as soon as I have than, it should not take longer than an hour at most to have the corrected version in place.

Alternatively, just let me know if the DOUBLE WOODIES CCI indicator is the way it should look, then I will know what to do

Thanks guys.

FX Sniper

Hi, Yup, agree pretty much with Cubesteak here. It sounds complex when you write it, the cci is much clearer to see!. The Double CCI Woodies is doing this as far as i can tell and it what he is describing.Phew, hope that clears this up then!

napeharm.

Hahahahaha you guys are killing me :D:D

Ok so am I then correct to say that my initial CCI release is actually correct but ONLY missing the 5th Yellow bar ? ( appart from perhaps the default coloring be different ).

Cheers

FX Sniper ( getting trigger happy )

Hi,

WAIT hang on, I get it now LOL

Sorry for taking some time to catch up with you, no worries, the right one is comming right up !

FX Sniper

PS CubeSteak NONE of your charts are visible ?

FX_Sniper:
Hahahahaha you guys are killing me :D:D

Ok so am I then correct to say that my initial CCI release is actually correct but ONLY missing the 5th Yellow bar ? ( appart from perhaps the default coloring be different ).

Cheers

FX Sniper ( getting trigger happy )

HAHA! Sorry man!!!

But, no, the initial release isn't correct. Look again at the gray bars in my pic above. Your indi paints ANY new bar over the ZLR as gray and then picks up the trend color on the 6th bar.

To be woodie compliant, it SHOULD only paint gray on the 4 bars that are opposite the existing trend, and then the 5th bar yellow.

My pic above shows the difference, where I said "Should Paint Green" and "Should Paint Red" specifically. Your indi paints gray, it should paint green or red, as the other indi in the picture does...

Make sense?

Heh - I hope yer trigger happy to code, and not to shoot me!!

Best,

cs

FX_Sniper:
CubeSteak,

Me again, could you perhaps post the exact criteria for when the colors on the histo's should change, I know it is in one of those Woody PDF files, but I will be lying and going to hell if I said reading those PDF's does not annoy the crap out of me - Don't ask !

Thanks,

FX Sniper

Sure thing - the histogram is pretty straightforward.

Starting a trend:

Starting from the first bar, the histogram is gray, until the 6th consecutive bear or bull bar. The 5th bar is usually yellow, with the 6th bar starting to paint the trend with RED below the ZL or Green if the trend is above the ZL. All subsequent bars of the same trend are Green or Red.

During a trend:

Say you are in a bull trend, and all bars are above the ZL and are painting green. If the CCI jumps below the ZL for a few bars, the bars that it paints below the ZL should be gray. If the CCI jumps back up above the ZL before there are 6 bars below the ZL, the bull trend is still considered in effect, and the new bars painted above the ZL should paint Green.

If however, the CCI doesn't jump back up above the ZL, and the histogram paints 4 bars gray, the 5th bar below the ZL would then paint yellow, and show the establishment of a new trend.

That's it...

Here's another pic for clarity. Again, your indicator isn't "wrong", its just different than the traditional WCCI painting...

See: http://www.cubesteak.net/images/TrendCCITraditionalPainting.gif

I'm wondering if (given the issues with buffers limitations) it makes sense to make the LSMA an overlay as well? If you were open to that, it would provide good flexibility for anyone to use their fav CCI setup and still have access to your awesome indi...

I've PM'd you as requested!

Thanks again for everything!

All the best,

CS

Why these indicators make me happy.

Hey FX_sniper... here's a perfect example of why these indicators make me so happy! From a crappy trade to a great one! 100+ pips on this trade alone.

YOU DA MAN!

Normally, I would enter on the ZLR, and at the first "go flat" or hook, I would have exited for a break even or slight loss or slight gain.

But, with the confidence of the CZI and SW, I can stay in the trade, catch the next ZLR, and eventually get out on the HFE for near perfect timing.

Now, THAT'S awesome! And, so are YOU man!

Now, some would say that my entry should have waited until the ZLR inside the 100 line, and I would get the same trade. Yes, that is true, but with the first ZLR so close to the 100, and the steep angle, I took it. It makes me 10 more pips than waiting for the second (and weaker) ZLR that was inside the 100 line.

Anyway, kudos to you dude, and thanks again,

-CS

see: http://www.cubesteak.net/images/gbpusd-h1-fx-woodies-Trade.gif

A request...

Hi FX_Sniper,

Wondering if I could make a small request on the CCI indicator...

Right now, you have the trend histogram painting grey anytime after the CCI crosses the zero line.

The "traditional" Woodies' clan way is that even after a zero line break, as long as the CCI comes back over to the trend side, the histogram still reports the trend.

See what I mean here (from Woodies' manual):

see: http://www.cubesteak.net/images/wcci.jpg

And then here is your CCI along with a traditional trend CCI:

see: http://www.cubesteak.net/images/fxwcci.gif

Would it be possible to get a traditional version as well (if you intended this behavior), or a fix (if it was unintentional...)? Normally I would never bother you with such a "small" thing, but I find that the beauty of these indicators is that I can rely on speed - my brain knows the colors that it is looking for if you know what I mean. Any change to that, and I've got to retrain my brain... Which I can certainly do, if this is too much of a pain in the arse.

Another thing to take under consideration, is to add color to the trend setting 6th bar (the tall yellow bar above the ZL on the far right in the woodies pic above) - I don't know if this is possible though, as you may have run out of indi lines.

Also, normally I'd just ask your permission and then do it myself and make it available, but with the NDA stuff I know you've only released the .ex4 files.

Thanks much for your consideration...

Best regards as always,

CS

Reason: