SideWinder for CCI: My first release - page 16

FX_Sniper:
Dear Bonnie,

I think you are just confusing yourself here as what you have there I believe is part of the iGentor series of indicators etc which are totaly unrelated to the stuff discussed and presented here. This same issue has also been addressed over at the WoodieCCI club and I can assure you it is NOT the same.

The LSMA on the ZL I have added to the CCI, is 100% an exact replica off the LSMA that can be placed of the price chart, it is placed at the zero line in order to get it off from the price chart and clutter things up, plus I suspect to compact things over to the CCI indicator ( which has been the one of the core reasons for my work here ) as it is knowen that Woodie and some other do not even need the price charts....with all the tools they need right there on the CCI, it is thus to be expected that LSMA would be there also, although I am not so sure if they still use it. I put it there as my goal was to make MT4 look as close to the real eSignal model inspite of all the coding limitations.

The indicator now on the ZL is NOT the Sidewinder, it is the LSMA(25) and changes color at the same time as a regular one would, it has NOTHING to do with an EMA(34) at the top you have the SideWinder, and as explained in great detail and frustration even, there are reasons why there will be small differences in the color orders from time to time and amongst different MT4 platfroms etc. Plus bear in mind that I have been informed that the charts in the chat room are delayed also still - not sure about this either as I have decided some time ago not to use them as a yardstick anymore and stick to the code logic from Woodie.

At the bottom you have the CZI indicator also which is working 100%, please refer back some of my very detailed posts about all this and discussions we have had.

I tried my utmost best not to get the thread clutterd, as many would attest to, and thus when you start reading it, you will be presented with hard core facts all the way and not be side tracked by irrelavent information.

Best wishes and happy trading !

FX Sniper

Hello Sniper,

As a dedicated Woodies CCI Club member I am just trying to be helpful here.

My point is that Woodie does not use a standard LSMA on the ZL on his charts as you have put on your latest "FX Sniper's CCI" offering. The Woodie's ZL LSMA, which is still an important part of Woodie's set-up, uses the same calculations as that in the LSMA/EMA (coded by FX Sniper/KimV1 ?) which is why I included it in the snapshot, purely for comparative purposes. The same code is used in the VT version of Woodie's ZL LSMA which I sent to you.

If someone wants to use the Woodies CCI method they must include the LSMA/EMA indicators to use as Woodie's ZL LSMA not the standard LSMA now placed on the ZL.

I have attached a snapshot of my working MT4 chart to show you what I mean, also a snapshot of my VT chart which shows Woodie's LSMA on the ZL, Sidewinder on the +/- 200 lines and 34EMA on the +/- 100 lines, as you know VT does not have the CZI. To be a correct facsimile of a Woodie's chart the ZL should show Woodie's LSMA and look like the ZL on the VT chart, if you compare the two charts you will see what I mean.

Again, just trying to be helpful here, I think that the work you have done so far has been excellent and it would be a pity not to get that last detail correct.

A final warning to anyone thinking of trying the Woodies CCI method using MT4 charts, do not use the current ZL LSMA as if it were a Woodie's ZL, it isn't, use the top Red/Green line of the LSMA/EMA indicator which is correct.

Links to all Woodie's CCI Club facilities, including the live trading chat rooms ValeoFX, may be found here:http://woodiescciclub.com

Thanks once again for all your hard work Sniper, almost there

TTFN

Bonnie

Files:
mt4__1hour.jpg  377 kb
vt_1_hour.jpg  198 kb

FX_Sniper:
Hi,

If perhaps you can afford the time to refer to this post, you will find this has been addressed.

I think it is assumed that those interested in the Woodies tools would at least know their way around his website.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174836

FX Sniper

My, my, my!!!!!!!!!!!! What caused you to have such a reaction? I do know my way around this Forum and most certainly around this Thread. Also I might add, around Woodie's website!! However, if you read Woodie's post again, you will see that he says that there is a "new chat room" now. I asked for that link!! and Woodie will not respond in the way you just have, believe me!!

What is the big deal here? If we can all refer to links, what stops such a gentleman as Woodie from giving us the direct link?

Your reaction / outburst saddens me.

Dear Bonnie,

Thanks for noticing a difference ! Please PM me all the datails and then we can work this out so that I can rap up my involvement here before I am rather knowen as the FX-Strangler

Thanks once more for positive and constructive assistance.

FX Sniper

ValeoFX:
My, my, my!!!!!!!!!!!! What caused you to have such a reaction? I do know my way around this Forum and most certainly around this Thread. Also I might add, around Woodie's website!! However, if you read Woodie's post again, you will see that he says that there is a "new chat room" now. I asked for that link!! and Woodie will not respond in the way you just have, believe me!!

What is the big deal here? If we can all refer to links, what stops such a gentleman as Woodie from giving us the direct link?

Your reaction / outburst saddens me.

I find your questions very annoying as they are allbased off the fact that you do not READ before you ask, your most recent post once more PROOF of this, read my post again, I said "KNOW THEIR WAY AROUND

HIS

SITE", not this one, do not make me regret ever starting all this.

"...Your reaction / outburst saddens me..."

I was hoping to deter you alltogether

FX Sniper

Bonnie and others !

Thanks to Bonnie who spotted a problem with LSMA displaying on the CCI indicator, I have now repaired and updated it to Post 24 as usual. Hopefully now it will be the same as the real McCoy. Bonnie this was exactly the kind of help I asked from the over 7300 visitors to this forum and I am very happy with the help and feedback I got from you Cubesteak, Red Duke, Woodie and others who responded and helped me to straighten things out.

Unless there is anything else anyone want changed to these indicators, I now humbly beg your pardon from any further involvement here.

Best wishes and happy hunting!

FX Sniper

Indicator Collection.

Hi, this post will serve as the central download post, the latest versions will always be available from this post, all other versions will now be deleted from prev. posts.

Woodies ChopZone Indicator Overlay Final Version.

Thanks to some collaboration with Red Duke, I have now completed a STAND-ALONE version of the CZI indicator, you do not need to have the original CZI.mq4 file anymore as all code is contained within this overlay.

A minor fix will also prevent any problems displaying it on pairs with point values other than 4 digits etc.

Thank you Red Duke for the nice "team work"

Woodies SideWinder Indicator Overlay Semi-Final Version

This is the semi-final overlay version of this indicator as the final one will contain amendments in case any neccessary after I am able to compare it some more. Any one interested in comparing this version to eSignal etc. will be of great help so that we can wrap this one up as well.

How to set them up:If you have any of the prev. versions in you indicator folder, remove them. Then save the new set into the indicator folder.

Simply display your fav. CCI indicator, the built in one in MT4 or a custom built one like the SuperWoodiesCCI etc.

Once it is set up to your liking, simply drag and drop the two overlay indicators onto your CCI chart.

DO NOT make changes to the "Fixed minimum" and "Fixed maximum" settings when placing them.

Upgrade information - What's new ?
Last Update Date: 13/08/2006 @ 22H00
  1. Created a optional setting to set the size of the display bars ( requested by Bonnie ) on both indicators. Please bare in mind that if you zoom out to far, eventually MT4 will mush them together again, you can only set them so small, but this setting should already help a lot.
  2. Created an optional setting to enable/disable the display of the angles in the top left hand corner ( requested by Nirvanatiger over at SBFX )
    Last Update: 14/08/2006 @ 8:15
    1. Removed Angles from showing at all.
    2. Extended beta clean up code till end of Decmeber 2006.
      Last Update: 14/08/2006 @ 08:06
      1. Fixed cross platform display etc. on the CZI Overlay, should work all over now I suppose.
        Last Update: 15/08/2006 @ 08:32
        1. Removed uneccasary info cluttering the overlay display titles.
        2. Small improvement on the visibility of the CZI overlay.
        3. Added a custom CCI version which displays the LSMA on the Zero Line.
        Last Update: 16/08/2006 @ 10:40
      2. Phew Ok, as requested a much more accurate visual representation of the Woodie CCI with the LSMA injected on the ZL. Sorry though that I can not add all the alerts and other bells and whistles that the DoubleCCI-woodies has, no time now.
      3. LSMA can not be made into an overlay as it would have no way to know where the screen position of the ZL on the underlying CCI would be because it would draw in it's own scale. The only way to get it on the ZL is to inject the LSMA into the CCI code itself. Remember , the screen posision of the ZL etc. move all the time.

Last Update: 17/08/2006 @ 12:00
    3. Thanks to Bonnie who noticed a problem with the LSMA on the Zero Line, it is now fixed.
    Thats it

Best wishes !

FX Sniper

NOTES:

3. When placing the indicators, aspecially after a new MT4 setup installation, make sure you have enough history on the particular pair otherwise it will just show up blank. There is a setting on each indicator called "limit" which tells the indicators for how far into the past it must draw. If you do not have history equal of more than this figure, you will only see a blank indicator.
  4. Alternatively, change the "limit" setting to a lessor value such as 500 for exmaple.

Hey Sniper,

Super fast reactions there man that now looks spot on, at last I can trade with just one platform open

Again, excellent work, off you go now and earn some well deserved pips

I hope all the lurkers appreciate exactly what you have just accomplished and made available to us

TTFN

Bonnie

Reason: