SideWinder for CCI: My first release - page 10

Sniper--very cool the CCI with the LSMA at zero line. Thanks much for all your efforts!

Hi FX_Sniper,

I have been waiting months for someone to do this and here it finally is. FX_Sniper your the greatest. Thanks for such great work.

I have one question though. Can the LSMA and EMA values be changed? Just curious.

Hi cubesteak,

You have raised some good points. Corrected or not I love these indicators.

hulahula:
To day I realy try it at the news time and it work like a charm , it fits the buy signal before the new . excellento FX-S

Hi Hulahula,

You chart caught my eyes. I'm very interested in your "volatility quality" indicator. Could you send me one copy of it? nirvanatiger(AT)hotmail.com

thanks,

nirvanatiger

Volatility Quality

You can download it from here, https://www.mql5.com/en/forum. If you have any question or would like to discuss it, please direct it on that thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general. Let's focus on FX Sniper's indicators here.

Thanks.

Hi there Cubesteak,

You're hunting down some pippies huh LOL well done !

With regards to your request about the CCI changes, I understand what you mean, for example, the color change in the histo is only when the histo remains there after the close of the sith bar, I'll see if I can do that, and then also you would like that 6th bar to stand out on it's own also.

The problem is that we only have 8 indicator buffers available in in one indicator as I have stated a couple of times and I am sure you are also aware of. In the CCI version I released, I am using 7 buffers, each color uses one buffer and each line ( 2 of them ) uses one each, and LSMA uses 1 undisplayed buffer as well, bringing us to 7 with one to spare so - we are might be maxed out here - I am NOT sure yetm will look into it a bit later, unless I remove the CCI(6) and the LSMA, then perhaps ( I'm not sure yet ) we could get the CCI coloring right.

If in the meantime if you can provide me with a custom CCI that is doing the coloring correctly, we can see how many buffers are left free - perhaps optimize it a little ( I need 3 buffers to have LSMA display on the 0 line or 2 buffers if I use iCustom to import the LSMA from a seperate indicator ).

Would be nice to have it all tip top though, as that is the purpose of this whole adventure, so if you can help, we can wrap it up in no time

Thanks for all the feedback guys, this way I know I am not sitting here waisting my time.

Till laters then !

FX Sniper

PS: If you have such a CCI indicator, PM me rather for my email adress, then we do not clutter things up here with prototypes - and we keep the central release post 24 pure with only beta versions.

CubeSteak,

Me again, could you perhaps post the exact criteria for when the colors on the histo's should change, I know it is in one of those Woody PDF files, but I will be lying and going to hell if I said reading those PDF's does not annoy the crap out of me - Don't ask !

Thanks,

FX Sniper

Hi, You are certainly not wasting your time FX Sniper!

Your latest indicators for CCI are great and a very welcome addition. Being able to overlay the Sidewinder and CZI is a neat feature saving screen space etc. and making them easy to read.

Relative to the cci with LSMA on the zeroline, yeah,I want this also.It is a very easy way to read if the 14 cci is in accord with the signals just at a glance. I have the correct coloured cci's mentioned with a yellow time bar but they use 7 buffers already. Is it possible to make an overlay of the LSMA for the zeroline so it can then be put simply over the top of whatever cci we chose to use? Other than that take off the 6 cci which can be overlaid anyhow and wont be missed from a proprietry cci.

I look forward to you releasing the code for these indicators so they can be tuned in according to our needs, colours settings etc, rather than relying on you to accommodate everyone, which is not possible!

I also look forward also to a thread with your other indicators . I have spent much time in the past looking at your various CCI indicators with ergodic etc. and feel you have much to offer the FX community.

Meanwhile good luck with your work.

napeharm

Hi, Re your previous, the criteria as i understand it is that entry is on the sixth bar, which is the colour therefore of the direction. So there are four bars coloured in grey/lavender, whatever, then a yellow time bar, then the direction colour with is the sixth and entry bar.

If that answers your question.

napeharm

Hi there Napeharm,

Nice hearing from you. Well about sharing the code for the two overlay indicators, I'd probably be tied to a pole and burnt if I shared that lot, but what I can share perhaps is when the CCI is done with the LSMA on it and all the colors are just right, then I can give that all away, I do not mind, so long we just do not have many different versions floating all over the thread and get sidetracked by all sorts of weird stuff, you know how things get get off track easily. I know I can not control things here, but I am hoping that as we create tools, we only have one central place where we distribute the ones we keep or the default one's any customized ones from that, you guys can swop out anywhere else.

I will share from my side the code etc that I can, although it is not my purpose to educate folks in coding or create example code, my purpose here is to bring SideWinder,CZI and LSMA to MT4 in all its Woodie glory I can install settings etc per request that is no trouble at all, colours can be set on any indicator also, it is not a fixture, only has default values that anyone can change. I do however not intend on creating settings for the core logic on the SW and CZI, these should stay pure as it was initially invented by the Woodie team.

Optimizing them etc. is a topic for a completely different thread I think. Here we first get the basics right, like getting them to work propperly and getting our CCI charts on par with the real McCoy using our limited MT4 resources. Once we have the basics right, the next logical step for those daring enough would be to optimize, change and further customize things - I have no trouble with that, just think that is not part of the current stage that's all and a little bit to early in the game for it also still.

Once more thanks for you contribution, and if you like, you can send that CCI over here: fxsniper AT gmail.com ( Bless Gmail ), perhaps I can optimize it in some way and perhaps bin CCI(6)...it would sure speed things up instead of starting all over from scratch again hehehe

Best wishes !

FX Sniper

Reason: