Laguerre indicator - page 7

mladen:
You are right, the one from that link (named laguerre cci) is :
1. not working when default parameters are used (since it uses gamma in CCI calculation, and since default gamma is less than 1 it does not show) You can use gamma of for example 14, and it will show the indicator, but .. 2. even with that gamma it is not a Laguerre CCI, but a T3 smoothed CCI. According to description from the link you provided Laguerre CCI would be:
__________________________ So, here you go. This one is made according to that description
PS: an interesting Laguerre CCI with gamma set to 0,.9
regards mladen

wow! this is cool!

so that explains why the indicator that i downloaded earlier wasnt showing on the chart.

anyway thanks again mladen!

hm.. one more thing mladen,

this screenshot is from the website in my previous post.

it shows this Laguerre CCI with 0.0 to 0.1 boundary.

is it possible for your LaguerreCCI be added with this boundary/limit just like in the picture below?

the link LaguerreCCI with 0.0 to 0.1 boundary

mladen:
:)

If you read the text on the chart you will notice that it is saying "Note : the CCI has been normalized to range between -1 to 1"

Obviously they are not showing that CCI on the chart since the values of that indicator are not normalized to 0 to 1. Also, from a look at it it seems to be Laguerre RSI and not CCI (there are quite a couple of normalization methods, but none of them would cause that kind of deformation, so the only conclusion is that it is not a Laguerre CCI).

Anyway, this is one normalized to values fro -1 to 1 (as they are saying in their text) I decided to do so since the nature of CCI is to bounce around the zero line and I decided to keep that

regards mladen

im really sorry abt this mladen.

i know nothing abt programming

so now from the 'looks', it is not LaguerreCCI... back to LaguerreRSI

anyway, thanks for updating this mladen.

so now i want to see if it can be useful alternative for me

tq tq

Don't worry

From the looks at the indicator it seems that it can be useful (just pay attention to zero line crosses - add a level at 0 and you will immediately see what I mean) Also, see when the normalized version bounces from 1 or -1. And since you brought attention to us at that indicator, we should thank you.

The fact that they have written one thing and showing other is not our problem. Frankly, since I read your post was trying to find anywhere John Ehlers Laguerre CCI and I didn't find it (looked at the "Cybernetics Analysis for Stocks and Futures" book too which they are quoting and I could not find it, but maybe I missed it somehow - Ehlers mentions CCI in his book on page 2 and after that it seems that he does not mention it any more)

It seems that there is some sort of mix up on that site, that is all. The description is clear, and that is what we have now : indicator made by that description. So, don't worry. Use the indicator if you find it useful, don't use it if you find it usefulness low.

regards

mladen

lonelyfx:
im really sorry abt this mladen.

i know nothing abt programming

so now from the 'looks', it is not LaguerreCCI... back to LaguerreRSI

anyway, thanks for updating this mladen.

so now i want to see if it can be useful alternative for me tq tq

mladen:
Don't worry

From the looks at the indicator it seems that it can be useful (just pay attention to zero line crosses - add a level at 0 and you will immediately see what I mean) Also, see when the normalized version bounces from 1 or -1. And since you brought attention to us at that indicator, we should thank you.

The fact that they have written one thing and showing other is not our problem. Frankly, since I read your post was trying to find anywhere John Ehlers Laguerre CCI and I didn't find it (looked at the "Cybernetics Analysis for Stocks and Futures" book too which they are quoting and I could not find it, but maybe I missed it somehow - Ehlers mentions CCI in his book on page 2 and after that it seems that he does not mention it any more)

It seems that there is some sort of mix up on that site, that is all. The description is clear, and that is what we have now : indicator made by that description. So, don't worry. Use the indicator if you find it useful, don't use it if you find it usefulness low.

regards

mladen

it is good to hear that!

currently trying with few different levels and settings, and it does look useful tool for me.

hopefully it will be useful for others too

thank you so much for all your FOC and quick contributions here mladen!

You are right, the one from that link (named laguerre cci) is :
1. not working when default parameters are used (since it uses gamma in CCI calculation, and since default gamma is less than 1 it does not show) You can use gamma of for example 14, and it will show the indicator, but .. 2. even with that gamma it is not a Laguerre CCI, but a T3 smoothed CCI. According to description from the link you provided Laguerre CCI would be:
Laguerre CCI (14x) The Laguerre Filter is applied to price data to create input for computing the Commodity Channel Index (CCI). The CCI is computed using this result.
__________________________ So, here you go. This one is made according to that description
PS: an interesting Laguerre CCI with gamma set to 0,.9
regards

mladen

lonelyfx:
hi everyone,

i am looking for a working Laguerre CCI indicator.

the one i am downloading from this post is not working.

it just showing blank indicator window on the chart.

so, im requesting help from anyone that can help me to solve this problem.

actually i stumbled upon this website earlier today

The Dynamic Market Lab

it is not for mt4.

but i dont know if the one from tsd and the website above is the same Laguerre CCI.

perhaps any coders can help maybe?

thanks in advance.

:)

If you read the text on the chart you will notice that it is saying "Note : the CCI has been normalized to range between -1 to 1"

Obviously they are not showing that CCI on the chart since the values of that indicator are normalized to 0 to 1. Also, from a look at it it seems to be Laguerre RSI and not CCI (there are quite a couple of normalization methods, but none of them would cause that kind of deformation, so the only conclusion is that it is not a Laguerre CCI).

Anyway, this is one normalized to values fro -1 to 1 (as they are saying in their text) I decided to do so since the nature of CCI is to bounce around the zero line and I decided to keep that
regards

mladen

lonelyfx:
hm.. one more thing mladen,

this screenshot is from the website in my previous post.

it shows this Laguerre CCI with 0.0 to 0.1 boundary.

is it possible for your LaguerreCCI be added with this boundary/limit just like in the picture below?

the link LaguerreCCI with 0.0 to 0.1 boundary

Laguerre repainting

Hi,

I have seen that this thread is no more active, but i've begin to test an interessant strategy with laguerre (and some other indicators simultaneously) since some weeks . I use 1 laguerre ACS1 (who is the slowest one) and 2 laguerre filters (1 fast and 1 slow). I'm used to open with the crossing of the slow filter laguerre and the ACS1 laguerre, who is a long term signal to follow long trends. Here is an overview of this strategy, who show the crossing technic (you can trust me on the power of this signal, although it's not a good example):

But i have a big problem with my laguerre ACS1. It's repainting when i move my MT4 charts from right to left, and mostly it's changing when i zoom... So i can't always trust my crossings. My questions are:

- Do all laguerre indicators repaint, or only the ACS1? If not, who is the laguerre that not repaint who is the most like the ACS1 the most (excluding the filter one, that i already use)?

-Is there a way to code the crossing signal of my 2 laguerres, si i could better examinate the real crossings. I have seen a same demand on laguerre ACS1 in this Forex-TSD thread, but i'm a newbie in Meta Editor programming...

PS: excuse me for my english, it's not my native language...

Files:
sans_titre.png  54 kb

Placing indicators in same sub-window does not mean that they will "work together". Each and every separate instance of indicator has separate minimum value and separate maximum value and then things like those you have experienced happen.

If you wish to use 3 separate laguerre values the way you described it, you shoulda)combine them in one indicator that will draw a new indicator with 3 laguerre rsi valuesb) you have to set same fixed minimum and maximum for each instance of indicator (in case of Laguere rsi it would be 0 and 1 as fixed minimum and maximum)

PS: there are a lot of laguere rsi filters that do not repaint (some of them are posted at this thread too) so you should not have any problem finding a good one. Unlike the "all of them repaint" statements that have nothing in common with the truth, the majority of indicator do not repaint so a problem of avoiding repainting (badly coded) indicators is a not a big problem

PPS (a hint) : Laguerre ACS1 is a 2 period SMA smoothed laguerre rsi

forexx.ch:
Hi,

I have seen that this thread is no more active, but i've begin to test an interessant strategy with laguerre (and some other indicators simultaneously) since some weeks . I use 1 laguerre ACS1 (who is the slowest one) and 2 laguerre filters (1 fast and 1 slow). I'm used to open with the crossing of the slow filter laguerre and the ACS1 laguerre, who is a long term signal to follow long trends. Here is an overview of this strategy, who show the crossing technic (you can trust me on the power of this signal, although it's not a good example):

But i have a big problem with my laguerre ACS1. It's repainting when i move my MT4 charts from right to left, and mostly it's changing when i zoom... So i can't always trust my crossings. My questions are:

- Do all laguerre indicators repaint, or only the ACS1? If not, who is the laguerre that not repaint who is the most like the ACS1 the most (excluding the filter one, that i already use)?

-Is there a way to code the crossing signal of my 2 laguerres, si i could better examinate the real crossings. I have seen a same demand on laguerre ACS1 in this Forex-TSD thread, but i'm a newbie in Meta Editor programming...

PS: excuse me for my english, it's not my native language...

Thank you for your advises mladen, it helped me to understand my repaint problem. But i can't resolve it 100%, if i don't want to change the filter laguerre that make problems (the yellow one, see my post on the top of this topic page).

I have seen that my filter yellow laguerre is automatically limited by the current price (a zone like 104.70 and 105.30 if your price is on 104.80, on eur/jpy for example). If you try to make limit values like 0 and +1 (like my 2 other ACS1 laguerres), the yellow laguerre doesn' appear on the screen anymore (it's logical, because it's no more correlated with the current price)...

So, i would appreciate to have further informations about filter laguerre:

-Is this the property of a laguerre filter to be correlated with the current price? What is really its role, in comparison with the other laguerres?

- Maybe: does an indicator exist, that would be similar to laguerre filter and would be correctly limited from 0 to +1?

- I profit: in the laguerre filter properties, what is the "type" field? A kind of exponential laguerre, or another thing?

It would really help me use my laguerre with my technic. I could post some experiment results if i know really how to use my laguerre crossings...

Thank you

Reason: