SideWinder for CCI: My first release - page 4

hulahula:
Hi FX Sniper , Do I miss anything ,man you have done a great art work here ,For those who play with huuya must be fasinatting with your job ,by the way I cant see the czi final and the side winder overly can you point it the right way . cheers

Hi there,

Did you manage to come right with placing the indicators ? Let me know if you are still having troubles.

Kind regards,

FX Sniper

Dear FX Cruiser

I am glad you are having fun !

Just a word of warning, on your last snapshot you had an indicator with the name displaying it as Woodies Sidewinder, I am aware of that indicator and can asure you it is DEFINATELY not the real McCoy, you might start to confuse not just yourself but also others here with it.

There is just one SideWinder and one ChopZone indicator created by their research. I have been fortunate to receive the code logic for both these great concepts and coded them accordingly.

As stated somewhere above also, SideWinder is a great deal more than just following two moving averages, it is a simple concept yes, and as with any concept, it seems like a mistery while it is not known how it works untill you find out

Then one can not help but to admire the originality of thought that was put into creating such a concept by people like the team working with Woodie. I always admire lateral thinking folk, they are the true leaders, the folk who put the item in the box which the rest buy off the shelf. There is a place for us all though, both leaders and followers.

Combined these two concepts may be of great value to first of all the true blue Woodies CCI traders, and then perhaps to a few others who are looking to benifit from the filtering qualities of it but for their own custom entries/exits.

It in itself is already a very simple and clear cut indication of trend direction and then quality, what more do you need appart from the actual entry trigger and exit trigger.

As I said, perhaps some time in the future, time permitting of course, I will start a separate thread where we can go ape and try to give wings to some of our thoughts, but for now, lets dedicate this one to the true SideWinder and the true ChopZone indicator and making sure that the final versions will be working correctly.

Once more thank you for you kind compliments. It is always nice to know that efforts are appreciated.

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend and good hunting on Monday

FX Sniper

FX_Sniper:
Dear FX Cruiser

I am glad you are having fun !

Just a word of warning, on your last snapshot you had an indicator with the name displaying it as Woodies Sidewinder, I am aware of that indicator and can asure you it is DEFINATELY not the real McCoy, you might start to confuse not just yourself but also others here with it.....

FX Sniper

Much obliged. I will stay with the real McCoy. No confusion intended, my apology.

Thanks.

Hello Sniper,

Many thanks to you and Red Duke for your sterling efforts in, not only programming the Sidewinder, but also bringing all your Woodie indicators together so well.

I have been using VT, which has a Sidewinder indicator at the same time as MT4, which has the CZI indicator, very confusing and wasteful of bandwidth now, thanks to you, I can use my preferred platform, MT4.

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to altering parameters in MT4 indicators so perhaps you can help me. I prefer to set the line size to 2 in both the Sidewinder and the CZI so that I can more easily count the number of bars which are a particular colour but every time I change them when the charts are re-opened the size is back to 3 again , how can I set the default to 2 please?

Also, Woodie suggests, and I think most FX traders using Woodies CCI agree, that 15 min charts are best for FX. When using the Sidewinder on a 15 min chart Woodie changes the 60 parameter to 30, which I believe is user selectable in E-Signal; when using VT I simply edited the code for 15 min charts as the code they use is open source. Would it be possible to make this a user selectable option on your Sidwinder for those of us who use the Sidewinder on different time frames?

The other selectable option on VT is between 2/4 decimal places on the price, i.e. the difference between the JPY and the EUR but looking at the colours on your Sidwinder it looks as though you have that cracked

Looking forward to this evening when I can start using these new toys in earnest and, once again, thanks for all your good work.

TTFN

Bonnie

P.S. If the VT code would be useful to you I can PM it to you.

Bonnie:
Hello Sniper, Many thanks to you and Red Duke for your sterling efforts in, not only programming the Sidewinder, but also bringing all your Woodie indicators together so well....

Dear Bonnie,

Thank you for the nice words and information. For sure I would like to enable the settings you are referring to and make this as useful and versatile as possible for all to use.

Your comments are exactly what I was hoping for with this thread and I really appreciate your time in sharing them.

Please PM me as much info as you can possibly afford so that I can start with the adjustments etc.

Once more, thanks for posting!

Best wishes,

FX Sniper

Hi there,

Did you manage to come right with placing the indicators ? Let me know if you are still having troubles.

Kind regards,

FX Sniper Hi FX _sniper after all the indi is up and running .Thanks a gain for the caring and sharing .

fxcruiser:
hulahula, check it out here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174836/page2. Enjoy!

Hi fxcruiser ,Thanks for the fast and accurate info . Hemm your bull and bear eye look attractive realy attractive .

Cheers

Hi folks,

For those interested, new updates and info available at post #24.

Hope you all have a great week on the market.

Best wishes !

FX Sniper

Reason: