Ichimoku - page 17

newdigital:
I have but just sometimes. It may be ebcause the price is movign very fast and coming too close to the open limit orders price. BTW this EA is performing well on EURUSD M15. Not so many trades (around 30 trades for half a year. But not risky at all and in profit now.

Thank you Newdigital.

Yes it does happen on fast moving price.

Over this week I have seen it perform very well in 15 and 30min charts. I have changed the MAFilter down to 4. Had a couple of small loss's but overall I am up $70 this week, using 0.1 lot size.

This is only in a demo account as I plan to go live around the 1st week of Oct.

I also discovered this thread very late. But it is very good. I have 3 questions:

Can Ichimoku be used on a D1 timeframe for indices like S&P500, Nikkei225, etc?

Is there some website with actual Ichimoku-charts, so I can look whether my homemade Ichimoku inidcator for probuilder is correct?

How do you pronounce the word, especially the u?

Thanks.

JosTheelen:
I also discovered this thread very late. But it is very good. I have 3 questions:

Can Ichimoku be used on a D1 timeframe for indices like S&P500, Nikkei225, etc?

Is there some website with actual Ichimoku-charts, so I can look whether my homemade Ichimoku inidcator for probuilder is correct?

How do you pronounce the word, especially the u?

Thanks.

This Ichimoku was created not for the forex and for D1 and W1 timeframes especially. And in last century (in the middle of, probable) this Indicator was adapted to the forex market.

Many brokers are doing some forecasting or some analysis of the future possible price movement on D1 and W1 timeframes. Alpari and other prokers are doing ot weekly. So it is very easy to find Ichimoku chart with explanation.

I pronounce last "u" as ''u". For example, "Jurassic".

Pronouncing as "ishimoku" (accent on the "o").

and "o" as "o" in "box" for example.

And second "i" is pronouncing as the first "i".

Sorry I don't have letters on my keyboard to explain the transcription.

newdigital:
This Ichimoku was created not for the forex and for D1 and W1 timeframes especially. And in last century (in the middle of, probable) this Indicator was adapted to the forex market.

Many brokers are doing some forecasting or some analysis of the future possible price movement on D1 and W1 timeframes. Alpari and other prokers are doing ot weekly. So it is very easy to find Ichimoku chart with explanation.

I pronounce last "u" as ''u". For example, "Jurassic".

Pronouncing as "ishimoku" (accent on the "o").

and "o" as "o" in "box" for example.

And second "i" is pronouncing as the first "i".

Thanks. I could compare with a 1H chart at metaquotes.net, so my homemade Ichimoku seems correct.

BTW, is there not a golden cross now at the EURUSD? Tenkan-Sen went through Kijun-Sen from below. However it happens under the cloud, which according to some other source means that the signal is weak.

D1 Ichimoku

JosTheelen:
Thanks. I could compare with a 1H chart at metaquotes.net, so my homemade Ichimoku seems correct. BTW, is there not a golden cross now at the EURUSD? Tenkan-Sen went through Kijun-Sen from below. However it happens under the cloud, which according to some other source means that the signal is weak.

H1 chart is difficult for Ichimoku. I was reading something that Ichimoku is having 70% of winning probability on W1 and D1 timeframes and less on H4 timeframe (60%). But to use Ichimoku on H1 it is necessary to use some other indicators, or some other settings and so on.

Ichimoku D1.

It is going uptrend on EURUSD now starting in 15th of August. And this current situation will be finished in 06th of September.

Now it still uptrend. If the price breaks 1.2749 and next 1.2717 so situation may be more difficult (concerning uptrend). Now the price was stoped by 1.2749. The next resistance to go short is 1.2613 (for the people trading on breakout on D1 timeframe). The problem is the following: all 2 or 3 main resistance lines (if the price will go short) are just near the current price and every "good" news will broke everything. Because the price is having the good potential for long: first resistance is 1.2945 and next one (for the people trading on breakout on D1 timeframe) is 1,2974.

So if no any "good" news come the price will be in uptrend. Just uptrend will be continuing. If "good" news - the price may go short for very choppy market.

What is the most difficult with this situation now? Price is very sensitive concerning the news. Any news with very different expectations. And as I know some very good systems working on breakout was failed in this time.

According to my opinion the serious traders should wait.

Files:
ishi_d1.gif  37 kb

Ichimoku monthly/H4

Ichimoku Monthly.

It is uptrend. Price was stopped by 1.2972 resistance line and there are no any pre-conditions to go short. Now is flat. Flat is Month1 timeframe is choppy market on H4 for example. But flat and uptrend. besides the cloud is going up so it may be the problem: if no any "good" news will come this week so the pric will go long anyway. If people are waiting for the short so they need these "good' news now. Right now (this or next week for example). If not - no way: uptrend. Up to the end of September.

Ichimoku W1.

Uptrend. Starting from the end of last year will be finished in the end of October this year. So it is general situation. Now is ranging market ( see last post about Ichimoku D1).

Ichimoku H4.

Downtrend since 21rd of August. Now is flat. And the same situation will ne tomorrow as well.

Files:
ishi_month1.gif  32 kb
ishi_w1.gif  31 kb
ishi_h4.gif  32 kb

So, the best way to trade now (until the 06th of September) is intra-day. Any other traders who are trading on H4, D1 and W1 should wait i think.

It was my analysis of EURUSD.

If you need some other pair - i may do it.

Besides everybody can post their own analysis of the market situation on this thread. Everybody. But Ichimoku only please (ichimoku plus some other any indicators are ok). Analysis using Digital filters please post on digital filters' thread.

Besides when i am trading on demo account - i do not have any problems.

Real account: i feel sometimes that i need to read something. But problem is the following: when i am reading some analysis (TV, website etc) which is not mine - i failed. It should be my analysis, or i should understand it fully.

I think it is the same with any other people. There are a lot of forecasting and analysing services (for money and for free - does not matter). If we understand and if we have all the indicators - we may accept it. If not - it will be as "black box" for us.

Thus, feel free to post any your analysis of the market situation concening forex or any others, but, please, post the charts, indicators and templates you are using.

Lets give it a try:

This is the D1 AUDUSD chart. I don't have Chikou Span put on it.

There is a dead cross, Tenkan-Sen is going thru Kijun-Sen from above. Because it happens above the cloud, it can be considered a strong signal. However because Tenkan-Sen is horizontal, the signal is weakened.

The Senkou Span lines cross, which would indicate a reversal in the future, so it could go up. But there is no clear downtrend in the past.

Most of the signals are conflicting (or I make mistakes), so I won't trade this one.

Files:
audusdspot.jpg  85 kb

Yes I agree.

D1 timeframe. The situation on AUDUSD is not very clear: uptrend seems finished but downtrend did not start yet.

Monthly chart. On the monthly Ichimoku chart uptrend was finished already and dowtrend should be started long time ago but we have ranging market now.. Besides the price is trying to break monthly pivot line on close bar and did not break it yet (i am not talking about high/low). So it is better to wait.

Weekly chart. On weekly chart the price is in cloud and cloud is coming down.

So it is the better to be away from this pair at least for some days. I think that situation will be clear after 30th of August (according to the cloud and support/resistance).

Files:
ishi_aud.gif  34 kb
ishi_aud1.gif  33 kb

I did some testing on indices (Nikkei, S&P500, EuroStoxx, Nasdaq, timeframe 1 day) with a simple trading system, based on Ichimoku. The trading system is:

When Tenkan-Sen goes through the cloud from below, go long for a fixed amount of 1000. Close your position when the Tenkan-Sen crosses Kijun-Sen from above.

When Tenkan-Sen goes through the cloud from above, go short for a fixed amount of 1000. Close when the Tenkan-Sen crosses Kijun-Sen from below.

Buying and selling happen at the open of the next day.

The results are as follows for a period from 2000 to 2006:

Nikkei: 43 trades, +233 result (long trades +163, short trades +70)

S&P500: 51 trades, -282 result (long trades -249, short trades -33)

EuroSt: 44 trades, -210 result (long trades -210, short trades -252)

Nasdaq: 43 trades, +11 result (long trades -219, short trades +230)

Short trades are often better than long trades. Reason is probably that those indices have dropped a lot during the timeperiod. Noticable is that the system works much better in Japan. Maybe because it is a self-forfilling prophecy?

Reason: