Ichimoku - page 38

goldwise: Yes I know it's possible. What I mean is: is he or someone else kind enough to do it for me.
You have only four choices: We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem. No free help. urgent help.

goldwise:

Hi MRtools,

Regarding your post:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/162-ichimoku/page24#comment_1837492 

Possible to make this indicator in histogram format looking like my screenshot ?

Also with option of arrows, and possibly showing as candles ?

I don't know if this represents a lot of work or not, but I would really appreciate it if you could do at least the histogram version for me.

Hope to hear from you, and thank you for your great work.

This version if you set the smooth length <= 1 you should get the same.

Interesting article.  Having studied and used Ichimoku a little I found to neglect observing different time frames will result in more failures than successes.    For this simple reason;  When you think about it, all lines of Ichimoku (Tenkan, Kijun, etc. etc.) are a projection of the past and should be treated as a barrier, not just in the current time frame but more importantly in a higher time frame.

There was a discussion here regarding default settings, but it's been my experience that changing these default settings produces highly unreliable results on any symbol or market.  I leave defaults alone and trade on any market and timeframe.

I guess whatever you feel comfortable with calling a signal is fine as we can define many signals using Ichimouku, it's all a question of what you're comfortable with.     I feel comfortable trading when Tenkan-sen is in a favorable position relative to Kijun-sen while forming a slope in the desired direction.  Most importantly there must be sufficient space to trade within the current price and cloud in this timeframe, additionally price must not be in close proximity of any Tenkan, Kijun, Senkou-span A/B, or Chikou-span of a higher time frame,  because price will likely stop at any one of these barriers in it's path.

Good luck

Sergey Golubev:

On the D1 the settings is the classical one: 9; 26; 52. It is the best for D1 timeframe. For the H1 timeframe we may use: 120; 240; 480.

There are other settings:

- 6-12-24 (H1);

- 72-144-288 (M5);

- 12-24-120

- 12-60-120.

But it was seminar in Moscow in 2002 about Ishimoku and MACD and some people suggested to use 9; 26; 52 for D1 and 120-240-480 for H1 only.

But as a conslusion I may say the following settings:

M5 72-144-288

H1 12-24-120 or 120-240-480

D1 5-10-20 or 9-26-52

W1 9-26-52

But the most profitable and stable results were using the 9-26-52 on D1 and 120-240-480 on H1.

lowphat, may be 8-22-44?

Just 8 instead of your 7.

May be.

Hello sir, how about setting on M15? Do you have suggestion?

hI aLL

Anybody still using this system with sucsess?

Regards

Hello Everybody .Im new to coding and have no related background , so accept my apologies if I made a rookie mistake.  I have  tried to create an indicator based on Ichimoku to alert once after each one of 5 specific situation that I have listed below . 

1- kijun sen & tenkan sen overlap

2- chikou span & price cross

3- chikou span & kijun sen cross

4- chikou span & Tenkan sen cross

5- Close candle Outside Of KUMO

The problem is that after happening any of those conditions the indicator alerts several time.

And the fifth one doesnt work properly. it dosent calculate the kumo value in the correct time frame.

I highly appreciate your time and kindness in advance. 

Files:

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".
Reason: