Lots of economic dockets and events scheduled for today and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far:
- Australia: National Australia bank’s business confidence improves to 6 from 4 in August and conditions deteriorates to 7 from 8.
- China: Urban investment grew 6.1 percent y/y in August. Industrial production grew 6.3 percent y/y. Retail sales grew 10.6 percent in August from a year back.
- Germany: Wholesale price index for August will be reported today. HICP inflation will be reported at 6:00 GMT.
- China: Money supply and loans statistics may get released today.
- Spain: HICP inflation data will be reported at 7:00 GMT.
- Switzerland: Producer and import prices for August will be reported at 7:15 GMT.
- Italy: Industrial production for July will be reported at 8:00 GMT.
- United Kingdom: August inflation statistics will be published from UK at 8:30 GMT.
- Eurozone: ECB president Mario Draghi is scheduled to speak at 9:00 GMT. Zew survey report on economic sentiment will be published at the same time, along with employment change report for the second quarter.
- United States: NFIB business optimism index for August will be released at 10:00 GMT, followed by Redbook index at 12:55 GMT and monthly budget statement at 18:00 GMT.
- Auction: United States will auction 1-month bills at 15:30 GMT and 10-year note at 17:00 GMT.