Practice testing, reflection, discussion...

In a discussion on the "Thoughts on Random" thread, a suggestion was made to observe, in a separate thread, the PRACTICAL operation of a trading system designed to profit from fluctuations in the statistics of transaction outcomes opened in the direction indicated by a pseudo-random number generator.

The idea is based on the following observations:

- the first is the lack of information about a pattern found by someone in the behaviour of quotations;

- The second - this is a clear trace of market makers' ability to manage the quotes freely (for example, the story with Euro-frank). And in that light, talk of market CHAOS does NOT look convincing anymore, and the search for "natural" dependencies in quotes starts to seem irrelevant;

- Third... If the statement of opponents of "volume games" about inevitable loss, when, say, martingale is true, then a mirror-opposite trader should expect with the same inevitability a doubling of his start-up amount. However, we do not see crowds of anti-martingale traders getting rich... so - something to think about;

- And finally, the tenth :-) ... Let's see what's what in practice... For the sake of interest, I'm going to take a very strenuous mode of changing of position volume - martingale, and use my measures of protection against risk of avalanche-like growth of an open position volume.

I will announce my forthcoming actions on a real account in this thread, and see if you can earn with PRNG from android Kingsoft office... :-)

So, move one - selling euro-bucks in the volume of 0.05 lots. Right now my eurik is showing 1.3067. I will put two pendants to sell at a distance of 30 pips from the current price on both sides of it. The first one will trigger - that one will be traded. The second one is immediately removed. TP=SL=30 pips on 4-digit...

Any statements are accepted...

Come on, let's have a look.

prikolnyjkent:

...I will put two sell pendants 30 pips away from the current price on either side of it. Which one goes off first - that's the one we trade. The second - immediately delete. TP=SL=30 pips on 4-digit...

Any statements are accepted...

Making such a trading decision, the player is betting that the initiated movement will be continued. Eurobucks is far from being a trending instrument, as its history shows. This is firstly.
Secondly, the result of such behavior in the market is rather obvious - it is fifty-fifty minus spread.

moskitman:
By making a trading decision in this way, the player is betting that the initial movement will continue. The Eurobucks is by no means a trend-following instrument, as its history shows. That's firstly.
Secondly, the result of such behavior in the market is rather obvious - it is fifty-fifty minus spread.

And what is more trendy according to you (any criterion for comparison)?

sever32: Come on, let's have a look.

What are we looking at? ))))

moskitman:
By making such a trading decision the player is betting that the movement will continue. The Eurobucks is not a very trendy instrument, as its history shows. This is firstly.
Secondly, the result of such behaviour in the market is clear enough - it is fifty-fifty minus spread.

In this case I am not betting on the continuation of the movement. The direction of the position is strictly according to the PRNG.

Fifti-fifti is exactly what I am counting on. And we'll pay off the spread by "playing" the volumes. (as long as it's good as it's good :-)

LeoV:

... And let's see why-they're not getting rich anti-martingale... :-)

LeoV:

at the result(s)

prikolnyjkent:

How about you make a password?

sever32:

How about you make a password for me?

I've got two TS working there at the same time. One feeds on trends and the other on flat. The other is such a mess of orders that an outsider is unlikely to see this experiment with martin.

I'm going to do everything honestly. If you say, "I'll sell 0.05 to the Jew," that's what I'll do...

prikolnyjkent:

And I've got two TS working there at the same time. One feeds on trends and the other on flat. Together - such a mess of orders that an outsider is unlikely to see this experiment with martin.

I'm going to do everything honestly. If I say "I'll sell 0.05 on the Jew", that's what I'll do...

Open a new account.
Reason: