When is a candle high not the high, low not the low?

Hello Forum, hope someone might help me clear up a little confusion.

Was trading manually yesterday and noticed that on occasions certain candles appeared to have a different final appearance than I would have expected.

Specifically and I will use the example below, I am not sure how the brokers spread might affect an Expert Advisor.

During candle formation, I noticed that a candle temporarily drawn with a high a point higher than the completed candle.

Assume using round numbers the high of candle A is 100points.

What I am saying is the candle B appeared to reach the same height as candle A allowing for the spread while the candle was open, but was not drawn that way on candle close.

This confused me and made me start questioning when is a high a high and when is a low a low and How do I allow for this when designing an EA.

If I look at my chart and candle C had a high of 96 points and a low of 92 points,

I had always assumed that this meant a high buy price of 96 and a low buy price of 92 points (AM I WRONG WITH THIS TOO?)

Maybe someone can set me straight and I might just be having a bad confused day,

but is it true to say for the purposes of a functioning EA,

that the high of a candle is actually the drawn high plus the spread, and

the low, the low of the candle is the drawn low, minus twice the spread.

thanks in advance.

pullend:

Hello Forum, hope someone might help me clear up a little confusion.

Was trading manually yesterday and noticed that on occasions certain candles appeared to have a different final appearance than I would have expected.

Specifically and I will use the example below, I am not sure how the brokers spread might affect an Expert Advisor.

During candle formation, I noticed that a candle temporarily drawn with a high a point higher than the completed candle.

Assume using round numbers the high of candle A is 100points.

What I am saying is the candle B appeared to reach the same height as candle A allowing for the spread while the candle was open, but was not drawn that way on candle close.

This confused me and made me start questioning when is a high a high and when is a low a low and How do I allow for this when designing an EA.

If I look at my chart and candle C had a high of 96 points and a low of 92 points,

I had always assumed that this meant a high buy price of 96 and a low buy price of 92 points (AM I WRONG WITH THIS TOO?)

Yes,  you are wrong.  The chart is drawn by the Bid price . . .  you Buy at Ask.
Reason: