MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 907

Greetings, I wrote an EA that supposed to help 'dismember' losing trades that got 'too fat' ,bearing heavy loss. I do that by comparing to another 'profitable' trade, and when I gain enough with the 'profitable' trade, I releases 1 part of the losing trade against the money in the  'profitable'...
  magic number ?  (3)
pls help i am not good at i am very new for this subject. what is magic number ??? how can i find some sources for this subject ? how calculate magic number ? 
Isn't it possible to for an EA to write to a file during a backtest? EDIT: Nvm, just found out it goes to tester/files :P 
  BACKTESTING  (10)
I wonder if anyone can help me with a backtesting problem. It is well recognised that backtesting using the MT4 strategy tester requires 'better' historic data than that which your broker provides. A Google search shows several articles giving advice on how to improve the data within MT4. Most...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| NSNDAlert.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2011, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| http://www.metaquotes.net |
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, first, please excuse me for my bad english. I try to compile a simple indicator/EA, a blank script template from wizard. If i press on "compile", the program shows "Compiling 'test.mq4'..." and nothing happens, even after minutes. If i quit the editor, the program ask, if i want to...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone.Sorry if there is already a post about this, but I could not find.Trailing stops are only active if Metatrader is on. But I normally place my trades in the morning before going to work and I would like to my trailing stops to remain active. How can I do it?
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm a forex trader and EA programmer (for MT4). I focus on trading and the creating of EA for more than 5 years.  The biggest problem of all traders is insufficient testing EA in history of the markets. Therefore, most strategies is not profitable.  If you are testing your strategy (expert...
[Deleted]
Hello guys,  I'm looking for a code which can display 3 moving horizontal lines on chart window 1)Lowest Price of the day(red) 2)Highest Price of the day(red) 3)Average price of 1 & 2(green)   Thanks in advance... cheers  Happy trading 
Hello, i´ve just to install Mt4, but when i add custom indicators, these are not visible or not useful. I have added like guide instruction says.   (Inside metatrader4 folder, experts and indicators) (while Mt4 is closed) Not the first time that i use Mt4, but i don´t know what´s the problem. I hope...
[Deleted]
from an MQL4-program can I write data to a file, call another program written in another language that reads the data from the file, analyzes it, writes the result to another file returnls to the calling MQL4 program open the result-file from MQL4 and read the data continue within MQL4 to find...
hello, I manage to gain in three month time 265000 pips with 92% winning orders over more than 3000 transactions and last Monday I gain 500%. It's hard for me to work manualy and is even more hard to write a script in metaEditor, please someone help me and give me a script and directions how to use...
[Deleted]
why the trade arrow sometimes surrounded by a shadowed circle like above ?   Thank you for explanation 
[Deleted]
One of my friend send it to me for back test I has tested and found a good back test result form this ea. But while I am trying to start trading found its not working more then 24hrs I observed it but this ea didn't executed any order. Any help from this ea will be appreciated. main source file...
Hi, I coded a DLL in Visual C++ and placed it into experts\libraries directory. Now I want to code an EA in MT4, but the following code gives me an Error: [CODE] #import “TestDLL.dll” int Sum(int a, int b); #import [/CODE] The error: ' import ' - double quotes needed I already googled, but didn't
Does anyone know what this error means? I'm trying to set lotsize to be at fixed leverage, so I put double Lots;  Lots=NormalizeDouble(((leverage*AccountBalance()/100000),2),2);     its rounded to 2 decimals. but I get an error saying ""no ivalue present" 
New article MQL5 Cookbook: The History of Deals And Function Library for Getting Position Properties is published: It is time to briefly summarize the information provided in the previous articles on position properties. In this article, we will create a few additional functions to get the...
Hi folks,  That is something wrong with my mobile MT4 , how can i change my background color ? I can't see those shadows when i using candle chart, when i change to line chart  it even worst , i can't see anything.  I try to re install it but it doesn't help . PLS help me . Thanks    
I want to get history data by symbol using an EA ? Is it possible ? If yes, can you suggest a code ?
hi, is it possible? can i change the investor's password thru EA?. Suppose i want the investor password from one time period to another be changed.
  Heikin-Ashi  (8)
I have a historical question.  Does anyone know the name or names of the individuals to have developed the Heikin-ashi technique and when such individuals had lived?  With all the information on the history of candlesticks available, I've been surprisingly unable to come across any information on...
extern bool TradeOnFriday = true ; //trade on friday extern int FridayStartHour = 9 ; //start hour time filter on friday extern int FridayEndHour = 12 ; //end hour time filter on friday void start() {
Hello everyone, I am new in programming. Recently I coded the following program. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                 TODAYtrendEA.mq4 |//|                                                            tanim...
[Deleted]
I am wondering if it is possible to have a variable be one of the parameters to be the size of an array I am using?  I am using the array to hold values of indicators for different periods of time, and want to use an external variable to change the array size in the strategy tester and not the code...
Hi MQL4 Community, i am currently playing with an IDE for MQL via Notepad++. I can compile etc perfectly but i wish to implement the function of metaeditor.exe which does re-apply the EA to chart (re-initialising). I think there is a special PostMessageA for this. Does someone know more about this...
[Deleted]
Hi, In my strategy by the activation of a pending order, other orders should be closed, unfortunately a problem occurred here which is the activated pending order is closed too. i would like this doesn't happen. would u please help me? best regards,
Hi. How to do only one trade per day ?
[Deleted]
Hi all, I comment a question, but first I apologize for my English. What happens is that in my mt4 platform currently working with several templates at once, but the problem is that every time I change from one template to another, the objects that I have clear paths to identify support and...
[Deleted]
How can I get the minimum of the second dimension of the array ?  This is my code and the error is " wrong dimension" in ventana[i-1]   Thanks !     double ventana[9999][20];   int ventanamin[9999];       int dim=ArrayRange(ventana,0);      for ( i=1; i<=dim;i++)...