MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 914

[Deleted]
  Technical analysis. Truth or fiction?  (136   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
My personal opinion is that this is fiction!!! Because we will always find an excuse on the charts if our initial prediction fails. What's your opinion
New article Debugging MQL5 Programs is published at mql5.com: This article is intended primarily for the programmers who have already learned the language but have not fully mastered the program development yet. It reveals some debugging techniques and presents a combined experience of the author...
[Deleted]
We have a few internal trading signals and are looking for someone to help us develop an app. Anyone know of anyone good? 
Hello, i have been studing Forex for the last 6 months and am now working on learning MQ4L/creating own Expert Advisors and Custom Indicators. I was wondering if it was possible to create a EA that gives me a message when certain qualifications are met? Such as a certain change in an indicator like...
Hi, My broker recently contacted me to say that changes were happening to the MT4 platform that would prevent the use of DLL's and supplied a link to the article "3rd Party Developer Gets Red Card as MetaQuotes Re-Acts". Given the number of EA's that use DLL's, the broker was understandably...
Dear guys   I am new EA developer. I need to backtest my EA. So I need good quality historical data. What is the best method to get good quality historical data. I download data from history center but there is lot of gap. Where I get history data. 
re: http://www.metaquotes.net/en/metatrader4/news/3949 Is there a way to toggle off the flashing red and blue lights on the MT4 one-click trade panel? While maintaining the function of the panel? Those of us disposed to seizures find flashing red lights quite disturbing. 
  Need Please Help with Charts  (19   1 2)
Other then the EUR/USA, all other currency charts I am unable to expand to the right. Now, they will do so in lower time frame like 1min to 15 min but anything higher, it stick to the middle. Fortunately, the EUR/USA, is working fine, but do not know why my other charts are having this problem. To...
We've got a new EA under development.  When I run it in the Strategy Tester (using tick data courtesy of Birt's excellent "Tick Data Suite") from Jan 1, 2012 - April 1, 2013, it doesn't make it very far.  Here is the Tester log: 13:57:01 BadaBing EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully 13:58:00 BadaBing...
I'm creating a basic program outside of MT4 that will rely on obtaining the completed trade information from MT4. SO, for example, when this application is opened, it can go out and get the latest completed trades. The question/food for though is: Can I create something external to MT4 that allows...
Hi , everybody. I am a beginer in trading with MT4 and wished to know how to create and compile an expert advisor program  in MetaEditor. Can you help me? Thanks 
[Deleted]
hello.. can someone show me where can I download fibonacci retracement and extension indicator? thanks
I'm new to programming and have been working on creating my first EA. The latest problem I am having is that when back testing it through the strategy tester I am getting the following messages in the journal: 2013.04.18 12:00:05    2013.01.25 21:59  Flat Line Strategy EA Changes EURUSD,H1:...
Hello all, I'm trying to make an EA which is based on the Freedom Indicator, which on his turn is based on CCI's on multiple timeframes; So in order to go long for instance M15,M30 and H1 should all show an uptrend. This is the first time I used a custom indicator instead of one from the library,...
[Deleted]
Hard to explain. I switched from MB Trading to Alpari. Everything was going along fine until one day I closed the Alpari platform and tried to reopen it. A pale version of the outline of the screen came up, but the platform was 'not responding' according to task mgr. I then uninstalled all
[Deleted]
I am getting error code 4109, when i am going to sell trades.I have activate " Allow Live Trading" but still last error code 4109 is coming. ticket=OrderSend(symbol,OP_SELL,Lot,Bid,3,Bid-25*Point,Bid+25*Point,"Sell Order",0,0,Green); Allowing this.. Thanx .
  Help please : )  (3)
First of all, those who can code mql deserve a lot of respect!! I have spent months learning mql and apart from being able to code in prorealtime (which isn't really coding) I got pretty much nowhere with mql. I watched videos, made notes, but didn't really get anywhere, its very hard as all...
[Deleted]
Thank you. Couldn't find a way to delete the post.
I am new to coding so please bear with me if I ask a lot of questions. Okay so the idea behind the EA is that Long Entry Short Entry PSAR < Price PSAR > Price MACD > 0 MACD < 0 The expert will close out a trade when it has reached a user defined amount of pips OR the PSAR reverses to the opposite
Everywhere I read, they write that zero sample correlation means there is no linear (usually forget the word linear too) relationship in that sample. Dickens: Example of two graphs with zero MO, variance one and zero correlation. That is, the correlation in this case is the sum of the products of
HI,  bulid 482 metaeditor  copy function will be missing part of chinese   character    e.g.  when ctrl + c on the below chinese  character in metaeditor   :  布林带时间周期 and paste in metaeditor , only left below: 布林带时 
  This is great ea  (7)
Hi,anyone here know how to reverse this ea strategy?When itsopen buy its become sell..and vice versa This ea I’ve been watching it trades and what can I see it’s a losingsystem..been tested it with demo acc few months ago and consistent losing, I’tried to copy the trade using mt4i trade copier...
[Deleted]
Hi all.. i'm a Newbie in this Forum :) now I Very interested in EA Development.. "How I Can Open And close Just One Position in 1 Candle?.." How I must Write the Code.. Pleas Help Me.. Thank BEfore :)
[Deleted]
I am trying to find how the current price of a pair ranks compared to prices over the past 24 trading hours.   For example, if it is at the current high of the previous 24 hour periods then it should return "1" and if it is at the current low of the previous 24 hour periods then it should return "0"...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I am a begginer in this area of programming. I am just interested in indicators, and I have read the book but it only explain EAs and I want to build indicators . When I have tried to do it in the metaeditor there where many new things that where not in the basic book. I would thanks to
Dear friends, I am doing a little research to find out how many retail MT4 traders have switched to MT5 already in live trading. Have you? I would appreciate your insights. Cheers.
I have a simple indicator that should tell me the average daily range (not atr) . Actually, I would love to make it an ATFR - Average TimeFrame Range - going back <extern> bars.  I would like it to graph the results as a line graph (like a MA only in a separate window). I can code a little but am...
Hello everyone, I need to make this lighter indicator  because I want the program to ea //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                Repulse_lisse.mq4...
I have multi EAs running though one DLL and a include file.  I am unclear on how to handle mutex code with ARC. I use  GlobalVariableSetOnCondition for the orders but have not used this type on command on ARC. I am confused about the scope of the array. I thought if I called ARC in a indicator and...
[Deleted]
How can I remove the two lowest and the two highest values from an array? The problem with the code below is that 0 gets removed twice instead of the real second lowest value. double x[ 15 ]; x[ 0 ]= 9 ; x[ 1 ]= 100 ; x[ 2 ]= 9 ; x[ 3 ]= 200 ; x[ 4 ]= 9 ; x[ 5 ]= 9 ; x[ 6 ]= 9 ; x[ 7 ]= 9 ; x[ 8 ]=