MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 901

hi I am working on an EA that work with renko chart.....i want open just one trade per bar using bar time will not work with me because in renko charts may be more 1 bar have same time! datetime BarTime1 = 0; int start(){   if (BarTime1 != Time[0])  {    //My code         BarTime1 = Time[0];  }...
Hi guys, I'm very new in MQL and I only know 2 ways to save information in an running indicator :       - global variable, defined at the same level of functions and which can be set only once       - buffer which depends of the number of Bars My question is : Is there another way in MQL to keep...
Hello there,     I have 2 (symbol) graphs open on MT4, representing offline-data. Is it possible to scroll them together, synchronously? In other words, when the timeline of one graph is manually scrolled, the timeline of the other is auto-moved along, with it.      Thanks much,    Simha 
hi! i have written an indicator which places arrows either above/below some candles as indicators of sell/buy opportunities. i want these arrows to be placed at a constant (screen or pixel) offset from the high/low of the candle. what i am trying to achieve is precisely what you get with the builtin
[Deleted]
Hello, I want to find out if there is an indicator to show the following: We know that when US Dollar Index goes down, the GOLD ( or EURUSD ) goes up and USdJPY goes down We also know that when NIKKEI goes up or down, it effects USDJPY Same thing for DAX movements can effect the USD related
Hi, Suppose there is 1000 bars in an open chart history and when I drop my expert advisorinto the chart, it needs to use 2000 bars from the chart history. My question isthat, in this case, is there any way to load new bars into the chart history bycalling specific functions in MQL4 program? A user...
[Deleted]
I got 99% backtest but I do not understand Maximum Drawdown and % relative drawdown meaning. As a result it's loss small why the two value still high. Somebody please tell me.
After i changed and shnipt around a few EA's i like to try a very simple EA on my own step by step and see what happen thru the prosses. I start with something like a candle trader. Past Candle is long open long. I have the feeling o missing somewhere around my readings, like braces and start-end...
Hello, I'm looking for the script which place sellstop for XX separate positions, each for XX lots at price 1 pip below previous candle low. If due the whole candle sellstop isn't executed - next candle is open and sellstop is moving higher - adequately 1 pip below previous candle low. It would be...
Hello,, this is the first time I post a topic here and hope to find solve to my problem  the problem is the indicator work correctly when attach it to the chart but when the price go there is a repainting in the signals and some signals disappear (but when reattach the indicator it appear!!)   the...
I write this report in thehope that the MT4 update bugs are corrected, and users take additionalprecautions with their accounts. I recently upgraded toBuild 500, and I had a bad experience. First, you may have noticed thatsometimes it can upgrade, and sometimes in can't, so it tries again the...
Hi everyone,   i'm completely new to coding, just an old fool with an embarrassingly basic question. Would anybody spare a few moments on explaining how to make a simple script that  A:  Opens position  B: If Price moves 50 pips in the opposite direction CLOSE and REVERSE C: LOOP   Much obliged,...
[Deleted]
Hi traders and programmers, For for over a year now, I've deliberated the addition of  trendlines and fibonacci numbers on the mobile terminals especially to the iPad version. That instead of simply magnifying the iPhone version, a new version be build up specifically for the iPad with fullscreen...
  Useful tools  (284   1 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29)
It would be interesting to see links to useful with and for MT purposes here. For example, alternative editors, code flowchart builders, extended clipboards, etc. I use the free extended clipboard Ditto when working in MetaEditor. Nothing changes in your copy, cut, paste work - same ctrl C,X,V. But
Hi All, Could you please help me and advise what needs to be updated in the attached code to see Red/Blue values in the data window? Thanks in advance. Regards  //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//...
[Deleted]
I've tried to backtest my EA and when I do the backtest on a M15 timeframe, it ends up with a Stop Out order but when I test the same EA on a M1 timeframe, the EA works perfectly. In the EA, I use MACD and MA on three timeframe M15, H1 and H4 and each MACD and MA have a precise timeframe insert in...
Hi all,  Say that I want to use same ea in more than one pair, is that enough to put different symbol an magic number in each ea instance to avoid conflicts (Iscontext busy) or is that necessary to  use of  a Retry routine or even make use of a mutex ? Thank you in advance for any clarification....
Hi there I m trying to call ZUP indicator so to embed it on my trading system i m building. What i m trying to get is the X,A,B,C,D points and the XD,XB,BD & AC points. Anyone did this before out of a ZUP indicator?  
for the ordersend function, how does the expiration time parameter work? if I put in an integer like 5, does it mean the pending order will be canceled after 5 bars?
[Deleted]
Rgd: Coding on Getting High & Low of Chart Hi guys.. I am currently trying to code a Indicator that can get me the HIGH & LOW that is from Current Bar to 150 bars ago.. I tried to google and try various method but seems to have issue getting the proper data. Anyone can give me a sample with alert to...
I want to invert two arrays in EA. Can you suggest me any code ? For example, I've array1[x][y] and array2[x][y]. I want to get all contents of array2 in array1 and contents of array1 in array2.
[Deleted]
Hi, I understand that hedging is generally allowed on MT4 platform. As I would like to give a demo account to a manager and would like to copy trades on my real account. I don't want him to hedge any of the open position, that is, not opening a new trade in reverse of any open trade. Please let me...
[Deleted]
Hello,  can I use a language other than MQL4 on Metatrader4? For example, could I program on my own language and then interface with Metatrader?
Am I being really stupid here, but since activating one-click on my MT4 platform, the OrderModify() function in my EA does not seem to be working?  I know this is not a coding error as the same code has worked for years before.  Also how do i turn one-click off as unchecking to Tools/Options/Trades...
New article MQL5 Cookbook: Using Indicators to Set Trading Conditions in Expert Advisors is published at mql5.com: In this article, we will continue to modify the Expert Advisor we have been working on throughout the preceding articles of the MQL5 Cookbook series. This time, the...
[Deleted]
I have an EA wich I have checked numerous times over a period of many hours. Each time I compile the EA I receive this message '}' - unbalanced parentheses C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader - Alpari (US)\experts\Trail_Capture_EA.mq4 (254, 1) I have used an advanced editor
[Deleted]
I need read any data from history orders in my EA (count history_orders, profit/loss my order ticket), but in tester mode return nothing....?  Is possible get data from order history in tester mode??? Thank you. 
Hello. I would like to ask you some helps, cause i need an Expertadvisor (for MT4 or MT5, knowing I have no problem to install one or other ofthe versions of Metatrader). I need an expert advisor, that could give soundalerts for various forex pairs simultaneously and according to my ownpersonalized...
[Deleted]
Hello, iCustom VS file includes (MQH.) vs. libraries (. MQ4) If I use the code in both, an indicator and a EA, what is the right place to put my code ? Between iCustom, the include files (. MQH) or libraries (. MQ4), where to write my code? And why ? Thank you,
Would EA coders please share their experience for how many pairs and/or timeframes do you need to see sound backtest results before you consider the EA worth demo/live testing? I'm sure there are many people who optimize their EAs on e.g. eur/usd M1 chart and are happy to go live. I'm generally not...