Optimization (Help Please)

I have a new EA that I have been back testing, this EA in a live environment will look for specific horizontal lines on the chart I manually input to highlight areas of Resistance. One of the checks for the EA is to ensure that a trade is far enough away from the line before it will open a trade. This all works fine and even for backtesting I just save the chart with the horizontal lines as tester.tpl and it still works. The issue I have is that when I specify Optimization and run the tests, the optimization does not take into account the horizontal lines and so will open trades even though the horizontal lines are too close to the open of a trade. This results in more trades being opened and subsequent profit differences. Example is when optimization is finished, I can then select one of the results and input this to run a backtest, the backtest will come up with a totally different result than the optimization as the backtest will use the tester.tpl which has the horizontal lines drawn in.

So the question I have is how can I get the optimization to take into account manually drawn lines on a chart? Is there anything like tester.tpl that the optimization uses?

Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

WHRoeder:
Don't double post
Seems to me an other question. Not a double post.

angevoyageur: Seems to me an other question. Not a double post.

Other post "manually drawn lines in the tester" This post "manually drawn lines in the optimizer" Seems close enough.

Not sure how much of the original post has changed. I believe it has been edited after my post.

This is not a double post, testing is quite different than optimization, as above, to take into account manually drawn lines when testing you just need to add them to tester.tpl and ensure your EA can reference the lines, however in optimization there is no optimization.tpl (I don't think) or similar than I can add the manually drawn lines to so the question is very specific to optimization

how can I get the optimization to take into account manually drawn lines on a chart? Is there anything like tester.tpl that the optimization uses?

Thanks

chrisr13:

This is not a double post, testing is quite different than optimization, as above, to take into account manually drawn lines when testing you just need to add them to tester.tpl and ensure your EA can reference the lines, however in optimization there is no optimization.tpl (I don't think) or similar than I can add the manually drawn lines to so the question is very specific to optimization

how can I get the optimization to take into account manually drawn lines on a chart? Is there anything like tester.tpl that the optimization uses?

Thanks

To have an object, you need a chart. Which chart is supposed to be used during Optimization ? I don't think there is way during optimization to take into account an object drawn manually. You have to find a workaround.

By the way, it seems even objects drawn by code aren't taken into account.

Reason: