MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 265

Hello Members, I have accidentaly opened a .ex4 file with a regular EDITOR and now all the files everywhere, are not .ex4 files they are editor files now. I want to change it back right away. I have attached a picture of how it doe look right now. Please I need your help out there! Thank you a lot
  S/L & T/P values  (1)
Hi There, I am new to MT4. When we open a new order and enter values of S/L , is there any chance we can see if stop loss triggered, what will be total loss. Like on other trading platform when you enter values of stop loss, simultaneously the pane shows total loss in USD or GBP or any currency you
Hi all coders, I need some help to with an issue I have when loading a dashboard. I have modified a dashboard to display the status of the trend for multiple symbols and time frames. The trend is defined by price to MA and MACD to MACD Signal line. However the IMACD only calculates the values based
Hi, I've searched the internet in general and this forum and I cannot find an answer to my problem(s). I am trying to run an EA (M1) in the Strategy Tester (ST) and have an offline chart (M5) update beside it but I am getting no-where after several weeks of trying to figure this out.  HELP! Select...
Hi, Has anyone has ever had such situation? As it is visible above, function Symbol () returns bad value
Hello, I would like to have much more course in MT4 (at least 20, better 50 years). Preferred Forex (mayor), commodities (gold, silver, oil, BTC), indices (DAX, SP 500), best for all periods. Is there software or online services or similar that can do this? I am currently invested in gold and silver
Bid and Ask lines on the charts do not accurately show the actual Bid and Ask price. In the attached file you can see that the selected pair AUDNZD has a spread of 34 points and its corresponding prices are Bid 1.09205 and Ask 1.09239, while the Bid line (gray line, black label) is at price 1.09218
the question may be funny to someone , but ...... I created an indicator but it only works on one currency pair . How can I make it work on different timefrimes and many other instruments ? Anyone could help me ? Thanks :)
Here's the problem, my EA is meant to buy and sell at a specified price point. Today when i left the EA on the chart it passed the point at least 10 times, but each time the Order Send returned error #129 (invalid price). I have the slippage on 3 and i've made sure to normalise the price. The
A moderator sent me a message a few days ago saying my topic had been archived due to inactivity. I received a response to my forum topic and when I pressed on the link it said that the page does not exist! How can I re open a forum topic that has been archived
  What's wrong with this code!  (11   1 2)
Hello This code should give price at 12:20 and add it to x Then check every thick , and when Ask price is equal to x- 300 * Point then set order while order not equal to 0 (this is for low that code maximum order once a day) But not work!! Please help me Thanks #define DAY 86400 // day is 86400
I am a project manager and want to learn MQL. I know JavaScript (a little). Trading is my obsession. Can someone please point me in the direction of online learning sources. What else would help is a general data library
I guess I should be asking if I can actually get OrdersHistoryTotal() and limit the return to show the closed trades for today only ? I mean I know I can Print(OrdersHistoryTotal()); and this will give me the total orders of whatever I select in the tab of the account history. If I select Account
There are two buffers in Schaff Trend Cycle but only one is shown, i made visible both and what you see in the picture below is the pleasing result of this modification: schaff_trend_cycle.mq4
Trendline or Horizontal line order after candle Close : after take order Trendlin change its Color and Deactive
Hi all, I m totally new to EA, and I just copy the code from website but i didnt know how to add in the stop lost for my open order.. Here is the code looks like input int SmallSMA= 20 ; input int BigSMA= 50 ; void OnTick () { // We create a string variable for the signal string signal = "" ;
Hello, Does anyone know the exact sequence of orderexecution from the time it’s placed by the trader (via OrderSend()) to the time it gets executedon the trade server? My current understanding is that once any order(pending or market) is placed by the trader on MT4 client, it gets passed tothe MT4...
Hello, I'm not a MQL4 expert but i was trying to develope the following idea. I would want to creat an EA which could get the number of parameters and buffers(outputs) from a custom indicator , so i can use that information to implement it on the iCustom() function. This will be use to backtest
{ StopLoss = NormalizeDouble ((Bid - ( 15 *pipstotrade* Point ())), SymbolInfoInteger (CurrentSymbol, SYMBOL_DIGITS )); TakeProfit = NormalizeDouble ((Bid + ( 30 *pipstotrade* Point ())), SymbolInfoInteger (CurrentSymbol, SYMBOL_DIGITS )); trade.PositionOpen(CurrentSymbol, ORDER_TYPE_BUY , lotsize
I have started an EA that will place either BUY or SELL orders based on certain criteria. This EA will run on multiple charts at the same time and will place orders in many different symbols. When a certain condition appears (say price closing below the 11 EMA), I want to close all BUY orders for
  StopOut EA  (3)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Stopper.mq4 | //| Copyright 2020, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| https://www.mql5.com |
In the past this code did not throw errors I understand the return value and wondered what changed to cause errors where none existed prior ? Can anyone see fault with my highlighted solution code below. It's not throwing errors but is there a flaw in doing this ? Old code commented and highlighted
I'm looking for an indicator, I'm not sure if it already exists, so I'm coming here to ask first. Basically it's just the total amount of pips from green candles and the total amount of pips from red candles within the given period. An example would be, a week of bullish movement on EURUSD, you
Hi, I want to get the indicator data from a separate window. I need to do it in universal way. I mean, doesn't matter if it is an RSI window or MACD or anything else. I want to collect the indicator data into an array, regardless of what indicator it is (in other words: i need to get the data
Hello Goodnight. I am writing an indicator, and I want to register, and keep it fixed on the screen, the price that was at the moment the circumstances occurred: in this case, the Bid of the moment in which the averages were crossed. Can someone guide me? What function I should be used? Thank you
Hi, I read about the new mql4(Build 600+) and already updated my EAs, now i have a question. How secure is the new protection against crackers and other types of executable cracking and modifying the code. EX: hex editing date of expiration, memory dumps, etc.. How secure is a simple time
  Close all orders for Symbol  (14   1 2)
Sorry for my English I was using this function to close all opened orders for one symbol  if profit > xxx but the problem it close some of orders then the profit be <xxx and it stop closing other orders //--------------------------------- bool CloseDeleteAll(){    int total  =...
[Deleted]
Hey there! When coding for someone... Do you sell just the ex4 file, or do you give away the mql4 too? Do you ask extra for the mql4 file? Asking those feeling comfortable answering this 😉 Cheers
[Deleted]
  Writing to the file on a new line  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Help me figure out how to write to a file . Here's the function: if (DayOfWeek()==day){ //Print("Woking . . ."); ac= Symbol (); ss1 = ac+day+ ";" +TimeToStr( TimeCurrent (),TIME_MINUTES)+ ";" +DoubleToStr(AccountBalance(), 1 )+ ";" +DoubleToStr(AccountEquity(), 1 )+ "\n" ; WriteFile (path, ss1);
Hello folks, I came across this old thread https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7673 that allowed creating offline charts for non-standard timeframes. It was built for v509 and hasn't been updated for a long time. Is there a current version that builds offline charts in visual testing mode for standard