MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 225

I haven't posted in the forum for several years so I hoping you also take posts related to MQL4 I'm having several issues with Global Variables of the Terminal, but I will confine this post to just one of the issues. The issue: For some reason, when I query the value of the Global Variable entitled
Hello, I want to use following indicator on EA to open buy/sell orders.. https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7116 I tried it using Icustom function stated on this indicator comments but it doesn't work. Could you please help?? Thank you in advance
No errors on back test, works well on live and demo accounts. But whenever I attempt to upload it on the market, it does not pass the automatic validation. Can someone please check my code
Hello Traders ! Everyday I use MT4's bulit-in price alert system to mark levels of my interest. Is there a quicker way to create alert than right click on chart -> trading > alert ? As far as I now there is no way to create a shortcut via platform (correct me if I'm wrong). So maybe some script
  Supertrend as Histogram  (52   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Could anyone help me turning this supertrend line into a separate window to be shown as a histogram? Like this Flattrend indicator : Attached is Supertrend Indicator
Hello everybody, thank you very much for any support you would kindly give me. I am a newbi in programming and I am trying to make this few lines work... It is very simple stuff: when I press the "u" button, it opens a buy order, when I press the "n" button, a sell order is triggered. Then, it
Hello, I am trying to Close an open trade once RSI signal is at Threshold. My trade triggers fine when RSI is above 80, but i am trying to close it when it reaches 20. How do i do this? I feel like I am over thinking this
I have some idea to code ea. but i did not know how read and save news in news tab in meta trader 4 terminal. can anyone  guide me, how do it?I am  studying about the impact of news in market trend. and have to construct database of news and market chart for studying it.
Hope everyone is doing well. I have bought an external hdd and I am planning to move my mt4 to external disk only, I move alot and I want to keep all the MetaTrader 4 stuff on external disk, I currently run around 5 accounts, demo and live accounts. I have tried the portable mode but it cannot save
I can see my orders being made in the Account History but they do not show up in the Trade tab. I'm totally new at this, trying to figure out what's wrong. Googled around and doesn't seem like a normal issue, thinking I'm not clicking something right. Any thoughts? Thanks
Hi everybody, I'm trying to write an indicator that should place a grid starting from a line at given price. It works, kind of. Actually the grid is generated correctly but I want it to be redrawn when the Level_0 line (an horizontal selectable line) is moved. I've used some of my knowledge and some
I wonder if anyone can tell me how to code an alert (audio and message) so that it keeps repeating until I dismiss it or stop it. I have no idea and have been all over the internet with no results. Please help if you can. Thanks Fred
I have tried both MT4 "Ichimoku Kinko Hyo " indicator and custom "Ichimoku" indicator in an EA, keep getting 0 (zero) as a return for the Chikou Span value.... All the other 4 values return correct chart data MT4 Ichimoku Kinko Hyo double IChLast = iIchimoku(NULL,0,9,26,52,MODE_CHIKOUSPAN,BarShift);
Hello everybody. I heard there is a way to cancel all open trades in mt4. This is because Ive run out of funds with many trades still open. I dont want to deposit any more as these are large trades and will eat my money. Is there aaaaaaan indicator or something to multi close all trades in MT4
Hello, I am writing a custom indicator (MQL4). Initially, I had: #property indicator_buffers 10 I want to re-size it to 8 (don't need the last two). My code does not refer to the last two buffers in any way (i.e. no bubber declaration, no SetIndexBuffer, etc.) When changing to: #property
I made a MT4 EA, it has been working on back tests and as well as on live accounts. But whenever I try to submit my EA to the market, it always shows error "No trading operations". I'm not sure what the reason could be if it works normally on live accounts. I hope someone could help me, I could send
Hello, I need contact to MQL4 developers. The iCustom in MQL4 is missing the possibility to define parameters dynamically, as it is possible in MQL5. This lack of dynamic parameters should be supported. It is critical. I want to contact the developers of MQL4 and ask them to make it possible. Can
Hello It's about memory management. I have been programming MQL4 for 5 years but not done this sort of thing before - recursive calls to an indicator that is likely using plenty of resources each call. I have a my own built indicator that functions to run a back test on a set of parameters. It dumps
hey buddies! I was working on a Custom indicator and the indicator itself is working pretty fine. But when i Call iCustom function, the output values are different from the values shown in the Data Window. Should i have to put the extern Inputs inside the code as i am selecting Them
Hello Traders! I was wondering - is there a script that will work similar to MT4's TP but instead closing entire position will close only a part ? For example at X price - close 0.04 lots out of 0.10 = 0.06 still open. At the moment I'm using EA call OneClick Trader which has this option built-in
[Deleted]
Hello to all professors I want the second position to be 1.70% higher than the first position I also wrote this code, but it is wrong and the second position does not open Can you tell me where the wrong code is? double lot3() { double lotsi = NormalizeDouble (FindLastSellLot() * 1.70 / 100 , 2 );
Hi , I am using around 15 expert's and also those expert have .set files. now when I need to change VPS then I also have to attach all the expert and need to load particular .set file for each expert. So my question is like is there any setting like template which restore all the expert with .set
Are there some set of rules for setting stop loss and take profits in mt4? For example I've set my sl and tp 10 and 15 pips respectively and I keep getting the message incorrect tp and sl. I can set them after placing a market order but that kind of defeats the purpose. Another thing that popped up
I have an EA, the trade opening condition is as follows, after market move away from the first trade by 10 pips the EA should take the second trade, if market move away from the second trade by 10 pips third trade should be opened, etc. The EA is doing exactly according to the condition only when
Please see the script below: void OnStart() { Alert(Symbol()); Alert(IsTradeAllowed(NULL, TimeGMT())); Alert(IsTradeAllowed(Symbol(), TimeGMT())); Alert(IsTradeAllowed("GBPUSD", TimeGMT())); } It returns: EURUSD true false false. Why does it not return: URUSD true true true. I tried it at
Hello fellow MQL4 programmers , I need your help please. The indicator stated below seems to work fine on first hand but I do have an issue - it doesn't refresh the last bar value - it simply ends and there delivers no signals My indicator (HMATriple) is based on another MTF indicator
  MT4 platform  (1)
Tool Bar is not working I can not place order
Goodnight. I am very new to programming and wanted help with this problem. extern int MagicNumber= 10001 ; extern double Lots = 0.01 ; extern double StopLoss= 0 ; extern double TakeProfit= 0 ; extern int TrailingStop= 0 ; extern int Slippage= 3 ;
Hi All, I have wracked my brains on this and i know there has been a lot written on NormalizeDouble() to send valid stops and take profits. But I just cant get this to work. Here is the code. Its sending a limit order. I have hard coded entry level prices to make sure i dont place an order too close
Hello, I'm working on some EA's that uses Trailing Stop Loss, I came around with this code: void Trailing_SL(){    for (int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++) //Iterar con todas las ordenes    {      bool res = OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES); //Seleccionar por index i        int Local_ticket =...