MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 232

I'm delving into some MT4 EA development, and have a problem that's got me stumped.  There's a simple call to a couple of builtin technical indicators as follows:- double tMA = iMA(symbol, timeframe, MAlen, 0, MAtype, PRICE_CLOSE, shift); double atr = iATR(symbol, timeframe, ATRlen, shift); Shift is...
HI i have an algo in which all trades are terminated when account balance is more than x or less than y how do i change this to account equity bool Filter_AB() { if(DISABLE_ALGO) { if(AccountBalance()>=ACCOUNTBALANCE1 || AccountBalance()<=ACCOUNTBALANCE2 ) {return false; } else {return
I'm trying to get value of a trendline, this is my trendline: ObjectCreate ( "SellStopTP" , OBJ_TREND , 0 , CurTime()-( Period ()* 60 * 30 ), Low[Lowest( NULL , 0 , MODE_LOW , 10 , 1 )]- 10 * Point ,CurTime(),Low[Lowest( NULL , 0 , MODE_LOW , 10 , 1 )]- 10 * Point ); ObjectSet( "SellStopTP"
hey guys happy new year i had reads a lot of topics about something like pause or rest or skip or etc. for expert when it takes stoploss expert don't work or don't trade for a time that we want so i tried to code something like datetime function but i don't know i code it wrong or it didn't worked
Why this 99% quality need for EA backtest. An EA that work by Original mt4 history data download backtesting not work in real tick history data backtesting. What the hell is going on. So we will need to buy always this real tick history . Very disappointed
Hi all, Does anyone have an idea about why MT4 returns RET_OK_NONE while creating a new user account via manager api? The login number is specified and we are sure it is not existed yet. Thanks in advance
Hi Guys, Any idea, whats wrong with this code? i can seem to back test it. I keep getting critical error and zero devide error //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| #Momentum onChartSignals Indicator v1.0.mq4 | //| Copyright
Hi I try to create Arrow by X,Y distance but not success. I know Object Arrow need Time and Price for place it.But I want to create by another way. How to convert X,Y to Time and Price. Or How to create arrow like this. Thank You.    string name_m1 = "m1";ObjectCreate(0,name_m1, OBJ_ARROW_UP,0,0,0);...
The link to logout of the MQL5 community in the right top corner of Meta Trader4 doesn't work
There is no relation between my code and its behavior now. I had noticed some inputs parameters stop working too. There is no file to clear in the cache. Any idea
Hi all, I'm trying to do these simple things, but I don't know why it didn't work: Get a signal from iCustom indicator (Super-Arrow) for the 2 previous candle (shift 2 candles back), When a buy signal emerges, then place a BUY order, and also draw a vertical line so that I can see if the open
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, I am a Computer Science student heading towards my masters, and very interested in Forex. Basically, I offer to create a free Expert Advisor for whoever needs one. I just finished my own first Expert Advisor, it gave me a return of 100% over 2007-2008, but performs less good @ the years
I had to convert my indicator from mql5 to mql4 and finally got it working except for having a vertical line drawn at the beginning of the indicator buffer start. Dont think it messes with calculations just looks bad. I am only getting one value on the start index so cannot figure why this is
Hi staf, How I can draw two custom indicator on two different sub windows? Tanks for all help
Hi all, Does anybody know how to get EA's on the native MT4? I have the ex4 files which I normally but in the package contents, but that is not available with this build. Any ideas would be really appreciated. Thanks
  2 min Chart  (5)
Hi I need help aquiring a 2 min chart, can anybody helps thanks
IM a relative new member here, Thanks for all the good work Here is my contribution to you all: I'm sure im not the only one to be plagued by automatic computer restarts when running multiple demo/live EAs. VPS are more susaptable to this. I've had my share of sleepless nights over this. But I feel...
I used a DLL that I wrote a few years ago and now I cannot read a simple data file from the same DLL in MQ4. What has happened to MQ4. Actually I am spending a lot of time and many other sample DLL file function also do not work neither - in this same forum. I understand that there is a data folder
i trade through local copy trader in between my accs. right now 1 master and 6 slaves acc. only openes 1 chart in every platform with 6-8 types of indicators on master and 2-3 on slaves. for last few days facing issues with master acc. when i opened all the slaves (6) all platforms responds very
I am a beginner in EA programming and i recently developed an EA <Deleted> but my worry is the mismatched errors it's reporting in some currency pairs, sometines it can be as high as 5,000. Please how do i correct this Secondly, when i run the backtest on different mt4 platforms from different
I am trying to downlod MT4 from the official website: https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt4/mt4setup.exe?utm_campaign=www.metatrader4.com It downloads a file with name mt4setup.exe, but when you install it, it is MT5!!! Any clues? How can we contact them? 
I am a novice in code, but I really want to learn; hence I am trying to learn on the job. I got this EA online - it is an anti-martingale strategy. It opens position at every new bar. Instead, I want it to open a new position immediately when the existing position (in the trend direction) closes. I
  EA open at time error  (17   1 2)
Hello I coded my EA to open orders at time , the issue is the EA doesn't open trades if i leave the EA to work for next days even if i use VPS . extern string OpenTime= "01:00" ; //Time to place trades (HH:MM) if ( TimeCurrent ()>=StrToTime(OpenTime)&& TimeCurrent
Hello everyone I have a strange problem. I have a real account and I am using MT4 on 2 different devices - iPone 11 and iPad Pro. If I try to set my Take Profit / Stop Loss targets on the iPad - I a can’t do this, because is prohibited. At the same time on the iPhone there is no problem to do it
Hi, I have a Renko EA that creates an Offline chart. When I open the first copy of the offline chart then it refreshed normally, my EA can run and indicators are updated. When I however open another copy of the exact same offline chart then that second chart doesn't refresh. The left hand chart is
  telegram to mt4  (13   1 2)
Hi guys, is it possible to send trade signals to mt4 via ideally telegram? or sms or email?
Hello all. I have written a simple indicator that should plot labels on chart. When I compile it, it returns no errors. But when I load it on the chart, it does not display the labels and it is removed without errors. I cannot understand what I am doing wrong, could someone please help me find the
Hi everyone, I just thought to share my own developed Ichimoku Trading Indicator and I hope you'll find it useful. Here are the basic features available in the current version: 1. Ichimoku Trend Bias: Price above or below Kumo Cloud 2. Kumo Bias: Kumo Cloud Bearish or Bullish 3. Tenkan-Sen / Kijun...
Do you know what code to use
  Font Size MT4  (2)
Hi Anyone know how I change the text size (it's currently too large) in Market Watch, Navigator and Terminal on MT4. Hope someone can help. Regards