Better Bollinger Bands... - page 18

StdDiv bands stddivbands.mq4

Files:

Hi, could anyone combine two BB Bands in one Indicator and colour the overlapping areas as shown on the attachment.

I have got a .ex file only but would like to be able to modify the Indi as it suits me.

I have tried to use the BB TRO modified Indi applying 2 times, but if gives different result as some overlapping areas cannot be shown due to cover up by the Indi which is on top. The middle area (white) also needs to be transparent so other indicators and price line are not covered.

Files:
bb_bands_2x.png  58 kb

Not sure exactly why, but when I match this Bands indicator setting to the standard BB indicator on same chart / TF / Bars, the two do not overlay well. I used Close Price, 1412 Bars on M15. The mean ends up close at the current bar but the bands are further off and don't seem to be accelerating the same over the course of bars back. Hoping Author or others might confirm. I did have to alter the int char declaration to compile in newer Mt4, but I wouldn't think changing the variable name would matter.

afpteam:
Not sure exactly why, but when I match this Bands indicator setting to the standard BB indicator on same chart / TF / Bars, the two do not overlay well. I used Close Price, 1412 Bars on M15. The mean ends up close at the current bar but the bands are further off and don't seem to be accelerating the same over the course of bars back. Hoping Author or others might confirm. I did have to alter the int char declaration to compile in newer Mt4, but I wouldn't think changing the variable name would matter.

Afpteam, the standard bollinger bands and the better bollinger bands are both calculated differently with the mean and the deviation.

Hi, could you please add interpolate-option to this indi if possible.

Thanks Kiko

kiko12:
Hi, could you please add interpolate-option to this indi if possible. Thanks Kiko

Kiko added interpolation and posted it here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

mrtools, many thanks.

Kiko

Better Bollinger Bands

better_bollinger_band.mq4

Acceleration Bands indicator

acceleration_bands.mq4

Bollinger Bands® - A Volatiltiy Meter

Bollinger Bands® - A Volatiltiy Meter

Bollinger Bands are technical indicator developed around 1980s by John A. Bollinger.

He was an option trader then. As an option trader he delved into volatility, a measure for variation of price of a financial instrument over time

you can know more about it in the following video

Reason: