Is it possible to have an EA that can interact with manually added objects?

Is it possible to have an EA running that is told to enter a trade if price crosses the trendline named Alpha, for example then manually draw in a trendline later and simply name it Alpha? Could I potentially write the EA so that it enters the trade at that point? If so, does that mean a person could theoretically do the same with all sorts of trendlines and support and resistance, etc? As long as the EA has instructions to respond to actions with specifically named objects and when manually added the objects are given those specific names? Just learning coding and I can't help pondering all the possibilities. I'm often surprised by what's possible and surprised by what's not. Thought I'd ask.

dasilvja:

Is it possible to have an EA running that is told to enter a trade if price crosses the trendline named Alpha

Yes.

dasilvja: Is it possible to have an EA running that is told to enter a trade if price crosses the trendline named Alpha, for example then manually draw in a trendline later and simply name it Alpha? Could I potentially write the EA so that it enters the trade at that point? If so, does that mean a person could theoretically do the same with all sorts of trendlines and support and resistance, etc? As long as the EA has instructions to respond to actions with specifically named objects and when manually added the objects are given those specific names? Just learning coding and I can't help pondering all the possibilities. I'm often surprised by what's possible and surprised by what's not. Thought I'd ask.
Here is an Article which makes use of the very concept you describe: TradeObjects: Automation of trading based on MetaTrader graphical objects
TradeObjects: Automation of trading based on MetaTrader graphical objects
TradeObjects: Automation of trading based on MetaTrader graphical objects
  • www.mql5.com
The article deals with a simple approach to creating an automated trading system based on the chart linear markup and offers a ready-made Expert Advisor using the standard properties of the MetaTrader 4 and 5 objects and supporting the main trading operations.