MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 230

Awesome & BBands @ main chart with another higher TF
I have created my EA, done many hours of back testing and fine tuning. I want to upload my EA on the market to sell, however I get the error message: "EX4 file must be compiled using #property strict directive" I used an online EAbuilder to write my EA and compiled using Meta editor for meta trader
Hi, Is there a function available for checking if the market for the current symbol is open? In detail, I am running a timer in my expert advisor. And if the market is closed I want to do certain actions: void OnTimer () { if (!IsMarketOpen( Symbol ()) { // do
Think i've hit a brick wall I'm just trying to draw a trend line between 1200 & 1700 showing the previous high and low for those two times but get a screen that looks like lasers have gone wild after 1200 Can anyone help simply the code to just draw on line not a million int start() { Starter =...
I have a union definition like this, but the values seems not working correctly: union UDouble{ double _double; uchar _uchar[ 8 ]; ushort _ushort[ 4 ]; short _short[ 4 ]; uint _uint[ 2 ]; int _int[ 2 ]; long _long; ulong _ulong;}; When I try to set
Hi Folks, I use the Surfshark VPN and I'm trying to get MT4 to send emails to my Gmail account, but Surfshark seems to interfere and stops MT4 from connecting (error message is: Mail: login to smtp.gmail.com:465 failed). I have added the MT4 app to the "whitelist" in Surfshark and it has made no
Hi guys, This is my first time building an EA for myself. I hope someone can help me. I have written code so that the EA places a pending sell and buy order every 4H candle. I believe I have done everything right and would wish if someone can help me find the problems in my code. I am on 33 Errors
so,2038 is the end of the world instead of 2012! Forgive me with google translation!
[Deleted]
  Android MT4 App  (1)
I am getting news in non-english language. How do I change the language for news on MT4 android app
Does anyone know if based on a trading statement, you can upload to the platform to see the open trades on the chart. The statement is not from a personal account
Hi people, how are you? I am trying to code an EA for MQL4 that closes an order if it is below or above the entry in some candle number, but when using OrderClose it generates more order?! Weird, orderclose sending more orders
Hi everybody. I want to compare moving average of two points to check if moving average chart is ascending or not. double startEMA = iMA ( NULL ,TimeFrame,MovingAveragePeriod, 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE , 1 ); double endEMA = iMA ( NULL ,TimeFrame,MovingAveragePeriod, 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I have been experimenting with strings in mql4 and have stumbled upon a situation I cannot solve: int myInt1 = 0xffa8b; //myInt1 contains an integer as expected int myInt2 = StrToInteger("0xffa8b"); //fails int myInt3 = StrToInteger("\xffa8b"); //fails Does anyone have thoughts on why 2...
Hello I have a code that I have been modifying with what little I have been able to learn but I feel stuck I have not been able to finish what I need if someone can help me I appreciate it .. the following code its function what it does is draw a rectangle to a certain time that I want but that
I think they are the same, right?
[Deleted]
something has changed in MT4 for me with any EA attached, it makes a noise every pip which sounds a little like a telephone ring. there is nothing in the code to cause this. Can someone help me stop it
Hey Guys. I tried to run my EA and it's supposed to set two Sell Limit orders at the top. However, only one Sell Limit order is placed. I checked the error and it says "Trade Operations Not Allowed By Settings". The thing is, I already enabled automated trading button, checked the boxes that allow
Hi, I'm trying to write a simple script to close a manually opened position, but I do not know how to let the system to "detect" an opened position. Need advise on this. Or is there any sample available? Thanks.
Hi, I have a a couple of loops counting P/L trades and it works without issues in back-test but when I start the EA live, they fail to get the trades with matching magicnumber from Account History. Note that it still gets the live OrdersHistoryTotal number when starting EA live but can no longer
I am currently working on a VWAP indicator that starts calculating at the beginning of each week. I can get the indicator to restart each week and continue into future but cannot figure out how to correctly loop through all bars to get past values. Please help
The old code was if (Cur_ClosePrice <= openPrice - STP * _Point ) { int res = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),Bid, 3 ,CLR_NONE); if (res != - 1 ){ OpCnt--; BuyOpenCnt--;
i've backtested this EA but it only gives the result of one day (only the beginning day of the backtest). try it yourself and you'll see.  For example, I want to backtest GBPUSD from 5 May 2019. But the backtest result only shows the result on 5 May 2019. And if I change the date to 4 May 2019, then...
my trade accout has frozen,the screen is stuck on'update' and i no longer can trade. i was also trying to open up a demo account around the same type that it froze. what do i do,matthew warren
  Error 4066 HELP  (4)
Hi!. I'm asking for help, because i'm not really understanding what should i do to avoid error 4066. Basically, my goal is to store the value of iTime and iBars inside some variables right when the bot gets initialized. The problem is that i cannot do initialize the variables in the OnInit()
Hello everyone. I am trying to download a bot for MT4. I am using this URL: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/mt4 When I click to buy them using the Start copying in MetaTrader, mt5setup.exe is the only thing that downloads. How do I select from these robots? Thanks
Hi everyone, is possibile to use the MQL5 Cloud Network with metatrader 4? it is mentioned in this guide for mt4 but I can't find it https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/autotrading/tester_optimization
I would like to know if this is possible, i have a script that i want to test that check some data from the latest 2 Hour 1 candles, but i want to be able to run the script on a history timeline, not only live. Is possible to run a script in a previous timeline? I prefer to not alter the code for
Hi, I've got an indicator I bought in the market that has too many parameters to be called by iCustom function in my EA This is the code I used iCustom ( Symbol (), Period (), indicatorName, ""
indicator is not ploting properly and not ploting levels on many chart. its plot on previous chart but its not ploting in current chart. its coming in forex chart on mt4 but not coming on other scripts of same broker
  EA related issue - Urgent  (13   1 2)
I would like to know if i'm running an EA on a broker MT4, is it possible for the broker to make out how the EA is working and about conditions EA is taking the trades?  Is it possible for the broker to take away the system on which EA is working? Reply from experienced coder or programmer is highly...