MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1529

help please  (2)
Hello, I am hoping to find some help on this forum; I have been trading fx with average success for the last few months. In December I will be heading to Iraq and I will not have the time, so I hoping to use an automated program… but I have no idea how to write these programs. Is there any other...
[Deleted]
Hello, please can any one help me to modifiy my expert advisor that is attached. this one place trade and closes too. but sometimes it refuse to place trade even when candlestick has gone over 50 pips. so i want it modified as thus; the ema shuold be changed to 15 and 40 it should place trade for...
  js to mq4  (1)
I have some js "robots" from another type of platform. Is anyone aware of a method to convert js to mq4? I have attached an example file. Thanks!
[Deleted]
Broker use 5/3 digits BUT how code to deal with MODE_POINT = 0 ??? i look at these 11 pairs (and YES, i print out with 8 places ;) . MODE_POINT = 0, MODE_TICKSIZE = 0 usdchf, usdcad, gbpusd, eurchf, audusd, eurusd, eurgbp . MODE_POINT = 0.001, MODE_TICKSIZE = 0.001 audjpy, chfjpy, usdjpy, eurjpy ....
I wish to place external variables in an array. I have tried this: extern int       Int1=0;extern string    PString1="";extern string    SString1="";extern int       Int2=0;extern string    PString2="";extern string    SString2="";...string a[2][3] = { DoubleToStr(Int1, 0), PString1, SString1,...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, when i´m using alert indicator does exist way for reading that alerts in mql? I dind´t find some solution. It could be very helpful for me. Thanks a lot.
[Deleted]
Is this possible to attach a "Timer or Clock " to a chart and have it open a trading session and then close all trades at the set times? What I mean by this is to attach a "Timer" to a chart separate from and E.A that runs the trading process. What this will do is two thing let you use any E.A
[Deleted]
toHi everyone, I am new to MQL4 and is trying learning the basics of it through Kovalyov's book. Now I have a problem regarding the example EA in the following path : Practical Programming in MQL4->Simple Programs in MQL4->Combined Use of Programs. The example EA, called shared.mq4, is based on...
can any one help in merging the attached two indicators. I need to have a dynamic fibo zigzag based and i need to add the price level to th elevels description by adding script type= 2 as in the other fibo price indicator attached. This tool should redraw itself with the same setting. Please feel...
[Deleted]
I have offline txt data coming into MT4 in a daily format. How do I convert this into weekly data ? Or do I have to he text file Date,o,h,l,c,v conversion manually myself ??? Outside MT4 thanks
[Deleted]
  A very good EA!  (12   1 2)
My First EA! 2007: profit 60% 2008.01.01----10.09 profit 160% humicacid2000-777888@yahoo.com.cn lots=0.1 start:$10000 End: $26259
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to backtest EAs and have the following problem: I want to backtest them on Daily candles, so I'm setting "Daily" period in the tester window. I even put PERIOD_D1 in my code (in iClose, iOpen, etc.). But when running backtester it shows it makes trades intradaily instead of daily. Why...
[Deleted]
hello, i would like to know if you can give me reference about how to split string into array from it's delimiter. If you're a PHP Developer, this function is similiar with explode() function.
[Deleted]
Hi, Can anyone please tell me what code to add to my OrderSend criteria to make sure my EA trades ONLY on a CLOSE of the current candle? eg: if(ptma < pfma && tma > fma && cci > 0 && stochmain > 20 && ready == 0) { ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.1,Ask,3,Ask-7*Point,Ask+5*Point,0,0,0,Green); }
[Deleted]
  ModifyOrder()  (6)
i am using a "Switch" function to modify the open order at each profitlevel,(each case # represents the amount of profit) however for somereason the ModifyOrder() function is not working, i have the orderselected properly and i am entering the case function properly becuasewhen i take the actual...
[Deleted]
https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8359 Interesting indicator but not following the prices so don't know how it perform. have to open up the indicator and reset it for it to work. Anybody care to help? Thanks!!
[Deleted]
my name is Kevin and i'm an active fx trader. i have several years of experience behind me and in my experience, the biggest obstacle that i faced was how to psychologically handle losses here and there. sticking with my system, based on specific indicators and a good fundamental awareness, i know...
[Deleted]
For example, MACD window shows local max and min numbers ( plus max value ~ minus min value: 0.3~ -0.9). Now, I want to fix the range of MACD within same big absolute values in MQL4 Codes.(0.9~ -0.9) function? or code technique?.. everything OK.. help me.. ^^;
Many of the programs displayed on this site have copyright designations. To what extent can one use this code for his or her own use? When a displayed program has a copyright symbol in it, can one copy and modify a subroutine and consider it his or her own? What types of activites are protected...
[Deleted]
Hi I am a newbie trader who needs a good EA. I am not a programmer so please keep it simple.
I have no interest in working with EAs that work on less than daily charts. However, when I run them through the tester (in visual mode) I get multiple trades in one day (tester seems to go tick-by-tick). All of my EAs and their indicators are set to evaluate on the close price, so multiple trades...
Hi All, I'm still learning MQL4, I understand much so far, I like to read any MQL4 file I find, and try to understand it, one thing an the following file I give up in it. In the Operator 'for' the author's add number (+9 )? what is the purpose to add this number? #property indicator_chart_window...
[Deleted]
Gerade im deutschprachingen Raum gibt es noch wenig Möglichkeiten Hilfe bei der Programmierung zu bekommen. www.meta-trader.de www.meta-trader.de hilft bei der Umsetzung und programmiert für den Anwender auf Anfrage die EAsAuch unter www.tradenwiedieprofis.de bekommt man Hilfewww.tradenwiedieprofis...
I need to read and write files outside of the Experts directory, to some directory outside of the MT4 file structure. According to the Documentation section here, access to files outside of the Experts Dir is "prohibited". Seems an absurd restriction to me, but I suppose they had *some* reason for...
[Deleted]
The reason I ask is that an EA must use the various values from multiple indicators as part of its strategy. The Data Window would be a "one source fits all" solution.
Hello I'm not a code wiz and a total newbie to MT4 and there i'm not able to write my own scripts, so i wonder if anyone would be kind enough to make this piece of code for me. The code should be able to trade all currency pairs and one any time frame The psudo code: Create three EMAs EMA (1)...
[Deleted]
Hi all how can I add a stop loss to this ea so I can change it in the perimaters window and set stop losses, also I need it to trade on mini accounts. I dont know coding and sure could use the help Thank You Much Mike...
I have a script, when put on a 1-minute chart, that makes a new, updated, offline chart with a new candle every n ticks.  Now the problem is that sometimes, the MT4 terminal (on live feeds and on demo), brings new ticks with a volume increase of more than 1 (tick, not pip!).  Some volume increases...