MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1527

[Deleted]
Hi, I would like to check what is the best indicator-proven to work. Most of the available ones do not work properly and have limitations. I was wondering what would be the best indicator with the least limitations. Theoritically, this indicator would work even in the current bad economy. Thanks
Profit Traders and Healthy == Success Traders Profit Traders but lost health ==. Useless Lost Traders but Healthy == Still Useful and Still can become Success Traders Lost Traders and lost health == A Failure Hence To avoid become the 4th type of traders..try to...
[Deleted]
  920$ a month.  (5)
Hi, I have produced an efficient EA, but it makes ONLY BUY TRADES. This is M1, EUR/JPY. I didn't optimize anything. I did not even approach an increasing money management, but only a fixed-range-of-Lots management. So, the result is not due directly to a progressive increase of money expenditure....
TestGenerator: unmatched data error(volume limit 14215 at 2008.05.27.00:00 exceeded) please help
I would like, for the sake of curiosity, to have a look at the graphs of the future championship participants, so as to compare the expectations of the participants and the actual results. Naturally, as the author of this thread, I will be the first to post my schedule. I am waiting for your charts
I wish to know can we put markers on history charts, because but to find the point by looking at numbers appears to be very difficult. Can you please teach me how can I add pointers , up arrows and down arrows on charts, I want to place pointers there at run time. I do not know if this could be done
[Deleted]
  Bars counter  (1)
I need to count how many bars before. Example EMA give me buy signal, but i want that other indicator give me buy signal too and if this not happend before 3 bars nothing happend, how i can do this? thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, I am a newbie trader who is looking for a simple EA. I am not a programmer, so once again please keep it simple. Would be willing to pay if it works well.Please contact me at desanto@mindspring.com
Iwould like to ask for help: how to draw a rectangle in a separatewindow? Rectangle must have dimensions 40pix x 120 pix & yellowbackground. Important: It may not change its position after the move of chart,which must be drawn on a permanent basis. Please help
Hello, in the regular DDE Sample Excel-sheet there are the known formulas for ASK/BID(to receive data from MetaTrader) etc. listed/integrated. But, is there any formula/Excel-text for the transfer of VOLUME data! from MetaTrader to EXCEL, would be important of course? Thanks, if anybody has an idea
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an Interview with Maxim Minenko (maximich) has been published. Maxim Minenko, known as maximich, is not so long in trading. However, he has got his own idea that the simpler a system is, the better. Maxim participates in the Championship...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to build my private MT4 Server? anybody has the instalation files???
I am new to MQL, I have done some codes, it runs, but not as expected. Can you guide me on my study. For example: I want to code to analyze history data of "daily" chart, print data onto journal so that I can read the numbers to verify. I did this: " Print(Open[0]," ",Close[0]," ",High[0]," ",Low[0]...
The attached indicator was created to work with 1H graphs and I don't understand why it doesn't work on daily graphs... Could you help me? Thank you very much!!! Alberto
My problem is that some arrows generated by the indicators are notrefreshed - which shows wrong signals. Does anyone know how to solve theproblem? When I refresh chart manually then signals are repainted but automatically are not. Only bars are repainted but signals not.
Because: there are no mods. There is no structure. This source of knowledge is totally neglected by Metaquotes Corp! 30 new threads per day - and everyday the same: 70% of the threads here can be answered with: "read the (f.) manual" / "use the search engine". 25% more are threads such as: "I found...
  A new expert with great potential  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Другая, более точная редакция эксперта There is an EA based on the RFTL indicator. The essence of it is simple - when the price chart crosses the indicator, the Expert Advisor opens positions. The Expert Advisor trails by candlestick shadows, and it closes it. This is all. The indicator is not
[Deleted]
Hello, A survey is conducted in the context of the evolution of Expert Advisors. Less than 2 minutes are needed to complete the form. You will be automatically registered in a draw for an iPhone 16GB. The results may be published on MorningNews.com & FinancialTimes.com To participate: http...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am looking for help in creating an indicator that displays trailing stops so I can visualize different exit strategies for EAs.  I am quite new to programming in MQL4 so if anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Evan
[Deleted]
Hello, I have been trading this system sucessfully for the past several months but I lose a lot of opportunities during the European session. So I would like to automate this strategy through an EA, if anyone would be willing to help me program one. I believe I have listed all the information below...
Before I re-invent the wheel - Is there an easy source (or EA that displays ) for various ranges - weekly, daily, 4 hr, 1 hr for the currency pairs?
i am looking for a profitable scalping strategy to use while i am in iraq, if anyone has one and they dont mind giving it up please email it to landonbarnard@gmail.com i would really appreciate it. thanks
Hi, I am curious as to how the previous years' winners of the ATC are fairing against the new programs entered this year. I think it would be interesting to see if there is any consistency in these programs i.e. the winners from previous years didn't just fluke a victory. Thanks Rats
Activtrades-Server (Build 216) SymbolEURJPY (Euro vs Japanese Yen)Periode1 Minute (M1) 2008.06.10 07:06 - 2008.06.18 23:59 (2008.01.01 - 2008.06.19)ModellJedes Ticksignal (präziseste Methode, die auf allen nächsten verfügbaren kleineren Zeitrahmen basiert)ParameterMagicN=400000000; Lot=10; TP=3;...
[Deleted]
So I wrote one of my first EA's, it seemed to favor USDCAD, so I tweaked and tweaked until I got the attached results. Can this be for real or is backtesting just a way we lie to ourselves about potential results?
I am new to MQL4. I am reading help available there at the bottom of the editor, but since there is no search function, i could not locate what I want. "I am trying to print on journal the following of the following format: open,close,high,low." But I do not know how to construct the print statement...
[Deleted]
Hi pros, Please i have an ea that i am still working on,initially it was placing trades,but it stopped working when i opened another demo account with the same broker on a different server, and installed it there so that i could try it on a different parameter. i compiled it and it gave me zero...
[Deleted]
Hello Forum, Working with Time[ 0 ] I get a constant number. I would like to have the begin time of a bar ! Please, why does the attached indicator show me a constant number (horizontal line) ? How to get a time based rising line ? Thanks a lot Ulrich #property indicator_separate_window #property...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Reporting the Third Week (13-19 October) has been published. The previous week was relatively calm in the Forex market as compared to the two previous ones. But the previous two weeks had a strong trend that was very favorable to...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm developing an EA and have run into a roadblock, and am in need some help. If anyone can provide sound advice it would surely be appreciated! The following IF tests is running in an EA on a 5M chart and fails consistently, even when I have phsyically verified the data as being correctly...