MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1525

Hello all, This is my first post here, so bear with me. I have been studying Forex EAs for a while now, forward testing many of them and learning the programming language bit by bit... A friend of mine who is a C++ programmer asked me the other day to think about plotting the stock market moves in
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have 4 time data series corresponding to Open, Close, High and Low prices. How can I get them represented as candlebars? Thanks in advance!
[Deleted]
Hi, Is there a way to stop the EA or Indicator from functioning when the filename is changed? example filename of the EA is "MAcross.ex4" whenever this EA filename is changed I want the EA to completely stop functioning. Can this be coded? Regards, Mikhail
My SIGTrader 4 software just jammed and shows no movement of anything. Would someone please advise me how to unblock it? If I install it again over the present software, will I lose my funds held in it? Please help - I'm locked out until I can get it going again. Thanks, Stuartp77
[Deleted]
Tester graph Hi all, I'm Rob and on my first attept on creating an EA have thrown up theses results. what i would like, if there is anyone willing, is to explain some of the results, especialy the "optomization, and how it works, please. OK, these are my results, Bars in test 75149 Ticks modelled...
[Deleted]
Can any one please help me and tell me why my EA only takes buy positions...I will attach the mql4 file. Many thanx in advance for the help.
[Deleted]
In the way NinjaTrader (for those who knows it) does. A logical answer for the calculation could be to do it at the opening of the next new barusing the previous one data ([1]), but I get an extrange result. Thank you in advance and nice Sunday!
I need someone with the expertise to fix this ea so that it can properly set independent tailing stops for each of the trades of the 4 this ea opens.
Hi, I would like to draw an arrow/marker on a specific position - height - of a chart, different for different "shift" positions. Which functions can be used? Drawing functions are not so simple to understand.... Thanks in advance Alex
Hello everybody, I am trying to make my EA do a little hedgeing under certain conditions. I have my buy orders happening at the correct time, I would like the EA to open sell orders when: //Open Sell if(Ask = Last Orders Start Price - 0.0025) code code code...open sell (I have this...
  iMA() problem  (3)
I want to compare yesterday’s MA value with today’s MA value. I have set the MAs as follows: Today’s MA SMAnow = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerSMA, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1); Yesterday’s MA SMAprevious = iMA(NULL, 0, SlowerSMA, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1+1); I have coded – if(SMAprevious < SMAnow, xx...
[Deleted]
Hi, I currently have a signals site that is coded in php and uses mysql for the database. I would like when a new signal is entered by a trader for this signal to communicate with the EA so that it makes the trade in the users MT4 platform. I will need it to be able to Enter trades Exit trades
[Deleted]
This EA is currently optimized for the GBPUSD 4hr chart but I would like it to work on multiple currencies, could some exam the logic and explain to me where I am going wrong. I am having a hard time understanding the MarketInfo function. I would like the final EA to only take one order at a time...
[Deleted]
I tried to use the window Orders in Type only appear.- Instan execution, Pending Order, & Modified Order. I can not find Multiples
[Deleted]
I, i'm found a good estrategie in parabolic sar indicator, but i don't know how to edit in a metaeditor, somebody can teach me? thanks
If I am using a Moving Average based on Closing Price. Is there a way for it to only compare the last two digits of the Indicator ? For Example: We have the current Bar, We have the bar previous to that (Close1) and the bar previous to that one (Close2). If Close1 = 1.2058 and Close2 = 1.2042 Is
Hi all, How to write EA code with this condition : Open Order: 1. when order#1 open is BUY i wanna put order#2 SELL stop with -50 with lots double 2. when order#2 executed i wanna put order#3BUY stop with same price with order#1 3. when order#3 executed i wanna put order#4SELL stop with same price...
even get this error when sending the order from the user interface~ Error Code: 2
Hi, Got this error. I store ticket number in an array, which i initialize with zeros when orders are closed. This error appears randomly. The USDCAD order has been closed by EA correctly then this error has been generated. Found nothing in help or doc.... Any help? Edit : working with version
Rehi, ;) Got another problem while forward testing my EA. EA opened a short on EURCHF. I initialized EA on chart (short always in trade list). Indicator says to EA to close the losing short but EA dont want to close it, and i don't see what's going wrong in my close loop. (i use global variable to...
Hi, I would like to use the values of ZigZag - the one embedded into the default MT4 installation - indicator in my EA code. Can anyone suggest how to do? I cannot find functions such as iHigh, iMACD or similar.... Thanks in advance for your help. Alex
[Deleted]
  The pipsqueak is a plushie  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
What if a pipsitter does not close trades immediately, but locks profitable positions. And then he closes all positions at once. All these positions may total hundreds of points. Will this also be money from the DC's pocket
Hi Phy, sometime ago you helped a member about an indicator that would average the time between "up ticks", and time between "down ticks", on a separated indicator windows in the minute chart. You even developed the indicator and posted a secreenshot of it to the guy. I found this matter very...
[Deleted]
Is there a command for the EA to determine which symbol it's currently attached to? For instance, is there a way it to determine that it's on the USD/GBP chart? I'd like for the EA to calculate stoploss at 2% of the account balance, but the stoploss would be different for different currencies, so...
[Deleted]
Not sure if I've missing something or clicked something I shouldn't have but can't get any of the custom indicators to work (the built in one's or one's I've imported). If I double click on the custom indicator - nothing happens, same result if I drag it onto the chart area. I've treid following the...
Hi, how is it possible to make an indicator of a (custom) indicator (example: the exp. MA of another exp. MA)? Ive tried iCustom, but not accepted as "Symbol". Also Ive Tryed iMAOnarray, but somehow the iMAOnarray of the fist indicator's array is not giving more than a constant value for all the...
I backtested and I like the results. Any way I can get an unexpired ea? Please let me know. Thanks!
[Deleted]
I've seen code to determine what timeframe the chart is currently set to, but is there a way to "force" a timeframe? For example, I want my EA to start with a 4hr chart, store some indicator values, then flip the chart to hourly and compare to these indicator values.
[Deleted]
  time on chart  (1)
is there a way to change the setting to show my time not gmt time on the charts???
I have a strategy that I have been researching for three months that I need to have reviewed by a professional that can code for me for money. Can anybody give me links also of programmer that can do MQL programming? Thanks and thank you Brian