A conservative strategy maybe?

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to writing EAs. Or maybe it would be more accurate "trying to write EAs".

I've just skimmed through all these topics, and I must say that some numbers are just mindblowing. How can someone, even though that it's just a backtesting result, make more than a mil from just 10.000?

But anyway, I like the idea, that if some blokes can actually write EAs that could potentialy make them so much money... is it possible to make a system that makes 50% annually with moderate risk?

Idon't expect you guys to tell me how your hot shot EAs are made, but could you at least give me a hint: is it rocket science or not?

Thanks

Peter

hint: use your brain...

for making of EA you should use only technical analyses. set up indicators with 'right' values, try to find any dependency on market movement and the indicators, set up new indicators with new configuratons, use different time frames... and so on... 'till you get something that seams to be profitable. then write it on simple EA. backtest it. and if its profitable - get the most optimized values of your constants (and variables) and then add some extra futures to your EA. then test it as much as you can on a demo acc and if you are sure that you get the best what you can get from your EA - well, you know what to do... (make sure that the EA is stable before run it on live acc).

Hi,

I know how it goes once you know how to code and what to code. I would just like to hear from some of you who really make a (good?) living out of automated trading. Is it better to be a trader, or a programmer?

Sorry for newbie questions, I'd just like to know if im' barking up the right tree here. :)

Regards,

Peter

Ok I see that this thread isn't very popular.

I would like to ask another question: can any of you suggest a book, a course or a website, which is the best in describing technical indicators and derivig strategies?

I already have some clue and I'm guessing a pretty good idea for a automated strategy and I'm struggling to code it, but I'd like to deepen my knowledge and understanding of technical analisys.

Reason: