MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 761

I have installed mt4 b638 4 times each one for one of my kernels and each in its own folder. At the moment all 4 are running. One with an EA waiting for the next day (no indicators used or applied), the other three are waiting for me for the next back tests, some charts are opened but no EAs nor any
I was using the strategy tester last year withoutdifficulty. Now I can't seem to get it to work. It's a new installation and anupgrade to build 625. Bars just won't appear in the chart. And I indicate thespread should be 2 pips yet Mt4 claims the spread is 140 pips spread. What am I doing wrong?...
Don't try this on a 'live' trading machine. If you currently run MT4 w/out the /portable switch AND you have UAC turned on, turn it off and restart you system. What will happen? Well, MT4 will load as if you put the /portable switch on. Now, go turn UAC on and restart. Load MT4 and viola!...
Hi, I made a simple custom indicator and I'm trying to use it in my EA. But there is a problem with loading values from indicator - iCustom always returns an empty value (tester, demo). When I show graph in EA tester, indicator is showed correct. There is OnTick method from my EA: void OnTick(){...
Is it possible to run a script from a user created button placed on a toolbar, as distinct from the screen?
Hello everybody. I have been using Tickstory with MT4 to help me to backtest strategies to achieve a better degree of accuracy. Unfortunately I still have problems with the size of the FXT files in MT4 that has a limitation. I wanted to ask if there is any alternative to this product sold from an...
Eg. On netdania site, you can easily superimpose two or charts over each other in same window with options of 'Overlay' and 'Relative' Is it possible to overlay two charts in one window in MT4? thanks.
hello. excuse me for English I speak French and I used google translation. 1 EA here which I wanted to add one trailing stop. compiling all goes well and does not work. Can you tell me why and especially what I need to change to make it work. thank you very much for your help
I was reading some posts and came across this post below. I'm a true novice when it comes to stuff like thisl Can some tell me whether this is a script or ea? and how do I test this to see if and how it works? Appreciate any help Alternative method to mimick CTRL+F5 keyboard shortcut: #include...
how can ı add pair on metatrader or how can I add istanbul stock markets data myself to MetaTrader. MetaTradera türk hisse senetlerini eklemek yada metatrader üzerinden gözlemlemek istiyorum .Bunun için metatrader geçmişini nasıl değiştirebilirim yada tarih kısmını besleyen veriyi nasıl...
I made my own EA and Customer Indicator. The EA uses iCustom to call the Custom Indicator. As far as I can tell, both programs are working fine. If I set the Use Date in the strategy tester to just be for the last couple months, the EA opens trades no problem, but if I set it to a longer period of...
[Deleted]
My MT4 platform was able to correctly render full set of characters in my displays until the new release (Build 6xx). Not sure why. Is any one else having issues rendering their non-English Alphabet character set. Please help, MQL4 development team. Help.
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                           px.mq4 |//|                        Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm working on an expert that will sometimes use sell-stop orders to get out of a position, rather than just having a stop-loss on that position. For example, if a long order for EURUSD has been placed at 1.0000, it may place sell-stop orders at 0.9950, 0.9900 and 0.9850 so that these orders...
Does anyone know how to get the broker commission in an EA for a symbol without placing an order. Thanks.
Hi all, Can anyone link Neuroshell and MT4 via DLL? Without DDE, Loadera and DT-Smarta - via DLL. Need to transfer quotes, transfer trading signals and get a report on trading signals execution? Or maybe there is a ready-made DLL? The office told me that this is possible and that such a DLL already
Is it normal for tester to repeatedly load and remove custom indicators with MT4 Build 625? On demo account the indicator loads and does not remove itself while running.. The indicator is Heiken Ashi and its called on three timeframes., yet shows its repeatedly removing and loading on just one...
Hi guys, I need a little programmers help. I want to use in my EA data stored in memory from another program. Example: I copy from excel value "2014" and I want it to be assigned to variable named YearValue in my EA. Any ideas how to make it ? ####### Excel, Cell A1, value "2014" - copy to clipboard...
[Deleted]
Hello, My broker (OANDA) does not allow hedging. Given this fact, consider this code fragment: int ticket; OnInit() { ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.02,Ask,3,0,0,"the long trade",0,0,Blue); } OnTick() { OrderSelect(ticket,SELECT_BY_TICKET); OrderPrint(); } This will continuously print the...
extern bool macdzirve,macddip,RSIzirve,RSIdip,CCIzirve,CCIdip;int start(){double macd=iMACD(Symbol(),0,12,26,9,0,0,0)*10000;double RSI=iRSI(Symbol(),0,14,0,0);double CCI=iCCI(Symbol(),0,100,0...
Hello everyone, The following code draws arrows of the latest high and low from the ZigZag indicator. The arrows will not be repainted and thus stay on the chart. The code snipped presented here is from someone else. I wanted to kindly ask if someone can built a loop or counter to find the number of...
for (i = 0;i < limit;i++) and for (i = limit;i >= 0;i--) What optimum condition to use count forward and count backward ? thank you
I am trying to code an HMA EA but I can't figure out what value it returns when it changes from one color to the other. Any assistance will be highly appreciated.
[Deleted]
Hi All, Sorry if this is a regular question, but I couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I have been a .NET developer for many years, but am new to MQL. I am looking to do the following, and would like to know if it's possible.... Access the data in the Trade and Account History tabs from the...
Hi, I know the list of changes for migrants of the existing MQL4. What I would like to ask is there a list of wishes of features for the actual MQL4 - maybe with an easy way of voting? I'd like to have e.g. an additional refresh option of the right-mouse-button-menu if the mouse is over the...
Hi, I know that it must be possible, but I have been unable to find out how. I use some buffers just for calculations that I don't really want to display in the data window. using INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS in SetIndexBuffer seems like it may be the way to go, but as usual, the documentation is not very...
i think this is bad upgrade ... because all mt4 at my laptop connect failed . but at codebase i can download EA script and indicator ... my internet connection is good ... 06:33:13.981 OctaTrader build 625 started (Octa Markets Inc.) 06:33:13.982 Data Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\OctaTrader 06:33...
  Create Objet  (5)
Hi all, Here the code I use to insert data   ObjectCreate("txt_0",OBJ_TEXT,0,TimeCurrent() -100, Close[0] + 140 * Point);      ObjectSetText("txt_0", "Example", 14, "Times New Roman", Orange);   ObjectMove("txt_0", 0, TimeCurrent() - 100, Close[0] + 140 * Point); I would need to insert data on...
Ex. covert 5 digit to 3 digit. thank you
Hi, I'm using a Renko EA to produce my renko charts. but randomly the EA freezes during the file operations. I don't see any option to set a timeout delay when I do operations against a file. what Can I do to insure that the EA is never locked? thanks