MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1532

[Deleted]
Hi. Can somebody please help me with my expert advisor? I want to create a password so that only I can see and edit the content/settings of my expert. I just need to add that I don't understand the coding (yet). I created the expert on a free builder website and now I dont know how to add the rest.
[Deleted]
Does any one know how to load a particular symbol on the chart. For example my EA need to process EURUSD on 1 hr chart. But if this chart is not loaded the EA keeps waiting or gives wrong result. Is there any way to make sure that the required data has been loaded correctly. Please help if you can....
[Deleted]
Dear moderators or other members who can help, I have two effective EA as attachment (trend1 and goldrsi) . They all trade EUR/USD in 4hour chart. How to compose them into one EA ? How to write the code? Thus the trade would be more convenience. Kindly help, Thank you
[Deleted]
hello im creating an EA that work in 2 time periods (start working in 4 hour and after succesfull pattern it changes to 1 hour) The problem is that the tester just admits 1 time period, and live testing it can take me up to months so im creating 4 hour indicators with 1 hour information just for...
[Deleted]
examples here https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https://championship.mql4.com/2008/news/399#comments In that report - wrong EA,wrong balance/equity chart and don't know about all the numbers??
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have recently signed up for FXDD's live account. However i still have no clue on how to do back testing of my EAs properly? It won't download older data automatically, and when i checked the FXDD Live data centre's folder, it does not stores any .hst files Please advise as i really need to
[Deleted]
i am java programmer and forex trader. using CornFlower methods i developed alert when price reach 12 EMA zone i would like to filter alert by checking EMA 12 & EMA 24 & EMA 8 are stacked in proper order and also they are not flat can you please gude me to way of cheking EMA Degree. Thanks all
[Deleted]
I am running the Forex Tracer, and the properties show a stop loss of 20, however, the trade went from 14 pips to 0 and the stop loss did not kick in. Can anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it?
[Deleted]
When I try to compile any of the programs in my expert folder I get a message that compiler failed to launch. Can anyone help me?
Hi All, I'm looking for a technique of displaying a chart on MT4 that willbehave just like any other chart, (will allow me to attach indicatorsto it and automatically update in realtime) but will not be on acurrency pair that is provided by the broker. For example, let's say that the broker...
[Deleted]
As not all brokers has stoplevel and freezelevel... How is it possible to test my startegy...for example ...with a StopLoss close to market price..Let say 5 pips... I am new to MT4 ... My Marketinfo() Mode_stoplevel  is 10 .  Is it a constant ... can i change this value in strategy tester. I spoke...
[Deleted]
  MQL and MAC's  (1)
Does MQL4 have a work around for installation on a Mac operating system?
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Jury Session: First Disqualifications has been published. Several days have passed since the Automated Trading Championship 2008 started. Not all Expert Advisors worked without errors. We called a meeting of Jury members to decide...
[Deleted]
  backtest data  (1)
Hi Does anyone have (or know where to find it) compete in 100% backtest data (M5) for eg. eurusd on MT4?
[Deleted]
  DLL Help  (3)
Hi I m helping a trader to develop an indicator and we don't want the end user distribute the indicator to other people who is not paying for it. So we have a basic idea to lock the hard disk serial no from the client machine and then this information will be sending back to our server side to cross
[Deleted]
Hi, at attach you can see my ea about ma. i want to some changes about time. i want that ea will work at 05:00 - 15:00 (GMT 0) and ma type will change exponential how can i do this? thanks. sorry because my english is very bad :(
[Deleted]
Hello i get this indicator and i want to see how it is programmed, but when i want to see it in MetaEditor i just see EX4. how i can see it ? This indicator is to calculate the angle of a SMA. I attached it below. thank you
Hi, Can somebody please help with the following: 1. I have a chart (say for GBPUSD) with a number of Moving Average (MA) Lines on it, and want to have similar chart for other currency pairs. Is it possible to copy the chart and change the currency pair?? How??? Its too laborious to manually add a...
I would like to create rectangle with yellow background with the the following parameters: 1st corner: X = 5 y = 125 2nd corner: x = 305 y = 225 On the rectangle I would like to type te text: "Signal to BUY" What command should I type in MQL in this case ? Please help me to write proper MQL code.
[Deleted]
Dear All, I trying something simple but its not working...can somone be kind enough to tell me what im doing wrong ? The EA should buy when EURUSD is between 1.4501 and 1.4510. The code for that is: extern double WB=1.4500; if ( PRICE_CLOSE > ( WB + 0.0001 ) & & PRICE_CLOSE < ( WB + 0.0010 ) )
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Automated Trading Championship 2008 Has Started! has been published. The 1st of October 2008 is the starting date of the Automated Trading Championship 2008. All preparatory stages are behind us, registration and check of Expert...
[Deleted]
Dear All, Does anyone has a sample (or is interested on develop) an expert advisor that open positions (BUY and SELL) based on Global Variables values? I already have the indicators and scripts that sets the desired values for the variables (thanks Paulo from Solutionsfx). What I need: - EA that...
Hello! If an EA uses SL and TP (UseStopLoss = True and UseTakeProfit =True), can it, at the same time, use exit settings? On my EA, it seems everytime I set it to work with SL and TP, the exit settings are disabled. When I do this the profit is allways the same even if I change radically exit...
Hello! I've got two questions regarding indicators and their use in EAs: 1 - Are there any indicators that will only work on the TF window the EA is palced on, even if the EA specifies that it should read data from other TF? For exemple, the window TF is H1 and the EA "tells" the indicator do read...
I have an indicator that hardcodes the timeframe: adx[i]=iADX(NULL,PERIOD_M30,..... But I stay on the M15 chart and make changes to the indicator and when I compile, I see the reported timeframe in the log file changing between M15 and M30: 14:22:58 myadx USDCHF,M15: 93 ma 46.7 pl 31.4 mi 4.3 14:25...
[Deleted]
Hi there. I need to reference a variable of a custom indicator on Expert Advisor I am creating and I need to know: - If I create a GLOBAL VARIABLE on the custom indicator code (that will be attached to the chart when trading), can I refer to this variable on the expert advisor code? How can I do it?...
New article View of Technical Analysis in the Context of Automatic Control Systems (ACS), or "Reverse View" is published: The article demonstrates an alternative view of technical analysis,which is based on the principles of both the modern automatic controltheory and technical analysis itself. It...
[Deleted]
Fortunately this was just my practice account - I have not set up a real trading account with this broker and system. This is the result of my first completed round-trip trade using the Autocash Robot: Order: 41295031 Time: 2008.10.01 14:55 Type: Buy Size: .20 Symbol: eurusd Price: 1.4094 S/L
I have technical indicator what i believe, but till this day i can't compile to mql4 yet, would u give me some help to make my technical analysis as EA? I need this help because sometimes i leave my computer for cooking and cleaning house, because i want to be good wife and good mother for my kids....
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, I've been trying to draw a rectangle on my window but i don't get anything. I think the problem is in this code: ... ObjectCreate("Box", OBJ_RECTANGLE, 0, time1, box_low,time2, box_high); ObjectSet("Box", OBJPROP_COLOR, PowderBlue); ObjectSet("Box", OBJPROP_STYLE, STYLE_SOLID);...