MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1194

[Deleted]
I would like to be able to download historical date, time, open, high, low and close for the periods 4 hour, day, week and month as .csv files for the following pairs with one keystroke and am prepared to pay if someone would like to quote. The different time periods would need to be downloadable to...
  Advice on a real advisor for the money  (83   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
esteemed experts, I would like your advice on a stable and profitable Expert Advisor that really works ( on real accounts ). I am willing to pay money
[Deleted]
Hi, iam trying to compress a string using the zlib library from zlib.net . I discovered, that the function compress2(Bytef * dest, uLongf * destLen, const Bytef * source, uLong sourceLen, int level) is responsible for compressing the variable source to dest, but it is called a Bytef *. What is...
[Deleted]
Hello, I got a weird result: int nTicket = 1417938; Print(OrderSelect(nTicket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_TRADES),",",OrderSelect(nTicket,SELECT_BY_TICKET,MODE_HISTORY)); The above code will output "1,1". But this order is a closed order. Where is the problem? I am using MT4 built 229. Thanks
  Turning off Logs  (4)
Is it possible to turn off the logging option with MT4? My EAs and indicators log so much garbage data, i would like to turn it off.
Dear MQL4 developers I wish to know what is the default return value of this function double OrderProfit( ), is it the profit as "PIPS" or as "Term currency" or as "Deposit currency". I hope you can answer fast, and thanks a lot.
[Deleted]
Hi, my name is LookMan im from indonesia, im newbie here, i want to ask someone here, i need some help, i want to mix my indicator into an EA, then that EA will work according to the indicator, if the indicator show something then the EA will take action... anyone wanna help me plz? thank's before...
  fun with equity curves!  (17   1 2)
fun with equity curves! Strategy Tester Report test (Build 226) SymbolEURUSD-fx (Euro vs US Dollar)Period1 Hour (H1) 2008.01.02 01:00 - 2008.09.03 23:00 (2008.01.01 - 2008.09.04)ModelEvery tick (the most precise method based on all available least timeframes)Bars in test5225Ticks...
I have this indicator, and i was working on alert function and to display arrows when signal is valid. Alert function works, but only for 1 pair (not on other 5 pairs i have open then), so i think this has to do with the "if (TimeCurrent() > allowAlert)" command. Arrows same thing, appear one time...
Hi, I have number of custom indicators and EA running in MT. They are all written by me. They are causing MT to be really busy (problems with scrolling charts, etc.). I admitt they may be written not very optimaly, but question is, is there any way to find out which indicator is causing MT the...
Hi, i have an ea that calculates infromation such as lot size and places it on my screen. I then have a script that i want to attach to enter a trade. I need the script to read the lable info displayed on my screen.. Is this possible????? Eg. lable show lot size=2.3 lots. I need the scripts too read...
New article Drawing Channels - Inside and Outside View is published at mql5.com: I guess it won't be an exaggeration, if I say the channels are the most popular tool for the analysis of market and making trade decisions after the moving averages. Without diving deeply into the mass of trade...
All of EA's that I have worked with open ie. long position and when condition changes close the open position and goes for short position right a way. There is always another condition that EA should close all the open positions and simply do NOTHING. Can you guide me how can I add this capability...
  i want script  (2)
i want script for lot 0.01 take profit 0.1 no stoploss and 0.1 take profit 1 and lot 1.0 take profit 10
hello to the experts, for example the command "SetIndexStyle (0,EMPTY,EMPTY,2,Blue); " sets an indicator colour, in my case a line style indicator. Now this command applies to - all - the data i.e. the colour of the - whole line - is changed. I'd like to find a way to draw an indicator line, where...
  TSR - resuscitating trading systems  (123   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Continuing the theme: Where is the line between fitting and real patterns? TSR is an abbreviation for Trading Systems Recovery I'm posting without a description of the theory and without screenshots. Screenshots will be in Code Base And I will warn those who are especially gifted: 1. The attached
[Deleted]
In MT4, we can view tick chart in market watch. but what i don't understand how the tick charts works? and when i open 2 MT4 in 2 computers at the same time (same setting) those charts show differently. Can somebody please explain to me? and how to customize it so both computers will show the same...
Hi I installed a new computer with 64 bit windows. I installed the platform and copied all EA's and no problem. All EA's use my library of functions I have wrote. When I copy my library file from under "include" when I paste on new computer it opens up as a bunch of *+# and so on. When I copy it...
[Deleted]
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me find this error. I'm new to coding but I think I did a really thorough check. I think I have about half the hair count as this morning, and my eyes are certainly permanently damaged from staring at '{'s. I've done: A manual check (about 20 times)A check...
I am thinking about a scenario where you may have opened a position manually and price spikes to a point where statistically speaking, it would be a good exit Say at the upper Bollinger Band for example (something other than a simple points or pips target) At the moment I don't have the skills to...
  Mashki and I. Captured by illusion...  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I once said (with a clever look) - let's see how the price behaves around the moving average ? What if it's normally distributed in a trend and flat, and when there are reversals the characteristics change... "Come on" - the gurus say (apparently knowing the answer:)... That's the way I got it
Hi, I am doing swing trading as a part time going good as not I wanted to be a FULL TIME trader but before leaving my job I need be armed with full of confidence that I can do trade for living. so to be a full time forex trader I think I need to be scalper because sitting only on a PC and just...
[Deleted]
Hello I am working on an EA that uses ATR. On a timeframe of 30min and higher I use ATR 14 On a timeframe of less than 30min I use ATR 10 I new to coding and have been trying something like this: double res = iATR(Symbol(),Period(),AtrPeriod,shift);   if(Period ()>= PERIOD_M30){return(AtrPeriod ==...
[Deleted]
i have an hedging and grid EA, i have a problem when closing order. let say if i have 7 sell order and 3 buy order position, when close all function running sometimes it won't close all order. so it will leave 4 orders open, 2 sell and 2 buy order position. the question is why it happened and why...
  Wishlist  (2)
Hello Everyone, I have been trying out the new MT5, and as I read through some of the posts, I see there are still a lot of items to go! At the risk of being redundant, here is some of my wishlist for MT5: 1) Allow TIMEZONE setting for LOCAL Time... PLEASE, if you have any compassion for traders......
[Deleted]
As background to this question, see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4993114/c-compiler-on-oracle-virtual-box-running-xp-guest-on-linux-host. The program, which is not specifically mentioned by name in the given link, is MetaTrader 4, so I would like to know what compiler was used to compile...
New article Charts and diagrams in HTML is published at mql5.com: Today it is difficult to find a computer that does not have an installed web-browser. For a long time browsers have been evolving and improving. This article discusses the simple and safe way to create of charts and diagrams, based on...
[Deleted]
Hello i have made a simple indicator with 2 SMA but i have a problem, the indicator draw the 2 SMA above the candle. It' s possible to set that the indicators draw behind the candle ? thanks
[Deleted]
My partner has the same login and password details as I do on a trial / demo account. We are still developing our software.. I cnat see the trades he runs - live or otherwise... How do I achive live sharing of the same screen between my partner and i ?