What is the best way to test my EA ?

What is the best way to test my EA without waiting the whole day for another trade to happen just to check my latest adaption is working or not ? ? I can not use the back tester on MT4

Forward testing on a demo accout is as good as any.

What is the reason for not being able to back test it? More than one currency involved?

Ickyrus:

Forward testing on a demo accout is as good as any.

What is the reason for not being able to back test it? More than one currency involved?

No, it is all EURUSD just now, but I just dont know how to make the back tester work slowly enough that I can watch what it is doing, and the results I get on it tend to be different from results I get on demo, so I dont know what I am doing wrong their either. I have tried the help files and there is no in depth guide to working it that I can see.

MickGlancy:
I just dont know how to make the back tester work slowly enough that I can watch what it is doing

Visual mode, speed slider, and pause button (or pause key.)

WHRoeder:

Visual mode, speed slider, and pause button (or pause key.)

thanks, I worked that out and Ive been trying it, but it doesnt seem to work the way I want it to.

If that is the way, I will go back and try again now.

I worked out that if the backtester makes that squeaky noise, and stops without doing anything, the starting amount was too low for the Lots I was ordering.

Reason: