MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 594

i would like to do trailling stop only once a bar  can anyone help pls? 
  Swap calculation  (1)
Hello everyone, does anyone know, how I can calculate the swap in case MODE_SWAPTYPE is 2 (by interest)? I know how it works with 0, 1 and 3. Thank you!
Greetings,  I am trying to get my mailto: function to work on Mt4. I have the correct smtp and login fields and I have my name and email address both to send from and to send to. Yet the journal keeps saying "error connecting to smtp.gmail.com". Is there any way this can be fixed? Thank you. Mike 
I have set up standard email smtp in my mt4. smtp.gmail.com, my gmail acc, my gmail pwd. I hit test - it does work. Now I have my indicator which does not have sendEmail() alert in source code. Does it mean my indicator will not send any email alerts? Do I still have to call sendEmail()...
[Deleted]
In EA running,what is the error 133 of OrderSend function?
The Accounts History is incomplete. It only shows one original deposit and a majority of transactions are not there. I have checked the statement with the broker and all is accurate but just need to know how to recover the history and bring up to date
Hello,   Me, new to forex. Is it possible to earn good amounts by buying/selling eur/usd with bots? If yes how much capital one needs to have to invest in this? Since you can't really lose money over those trades, how efficient would it be?   Thanks. 
I want to trade by a percentage of my account balance but the OrderSend command seems to expect Lot Size. What do I need to do to trade with a percentage of my Account Balance? Thanks, Jim Stow
[Deleted]
  MT4 Compilation  (2)
Hi guys. I've been using an EA that's composed of an MQ4 file and several includes. Sorry I can't share the code here. This code came to me "as is". Several of the include files don't compile on their own. They can't find some variables and get compilation errors. But when I compile the FULL thing,...
I have seen several references to OrdersTotalHistory but haven't found what is kept in History and - if it can be changed - then how. I currently see that I have OrdersTotalHistory() having a value of 41 but no idea what period this refers to. Equally not sure if there could be no items in History...
For some reason every time I draw a line, or anthing else on a chart it disappears after a few seconds. This also includes text, shapes, fib lines. Just started tonight and is happpening on two different instances of MT4, one UK broker and one US broker. Happens on different templates and all...
Just some information    For a while now I have realised that ArrayIsSeries() always returns false even when the array being checked is a Series array. I have just noticed  ArrayGetAsSeries(), I don't know if this is a new function or not, but this does return the correct boolean   I will notify the...
[Deleted]
Dear sir, i am having an doubt please clarify i want to create or read or write  an text file c:\ or in d:\  etc., i request you to provide me the code because i had try using FileOpen command in mql4  i am successfully able to read or wite under metaquote folder but not in c:\ or in d: \ so i...
  a. Double confirm with you that it's not necessary to use '2' below but ok to use '1' below to compare for "int" types. Correct?  1.  if (a > b)  2. if (a - b > Point / 2.)     b. How many digits does the number precision reach while need to use '2' for comparing? 
Please I need a book that contains all the Technical indicators syntax and how to use them in Expert Advisors, For example, I need a book that will explain the usage of upper/lower bollinger band in a trade logic, or the Relative strenght Indicator parameters. what books do u recommend that contains...
Hi,  Why TimeCurrent() is different than when you convert to string using TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS) for the same tick in OnTick() in EA? For example, TimeCurrent() returns 2016.01.19 14:49:59 while TimeToStr(TimeCurrent(), TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS) returns 1453214999  Thanks,...
Hi,   please help ! can somebody tell me why I can not get an up arrow to draw as per logic. See attached file. Hope you can help me !? 
[Deleted]
Have the recent builds of MT4 broken or changed the email setup? I've never used the email feature before, but I thought it would be easy to set up.  No such luck.  I looked at the docs, I googled, I watched videos, I read step-by-step instructions.  I tried it with my gmail account, with my regular...
I have demoing on a Test-Account for a while. When going live I simply log in intoa a trade-account in the Navigator/Accounts - Screen. But then the Demo will not be traded any longer... Is there a procedure to duplicate the complete MT4-instance ?   Thanks for the info in advance Roland 
Hello.   I have made an Custom Indicator (SwingShow) that is working just fine.   Now i'm trying to make a ExpertAdvisor based on this Custom Indicator.   i have this code OnTick  .... Swing = iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_CURRENT,"SwingShow",0,0);  ....    But when i check Swing it does not change, it...
[Deleted]
Hi everybody, I'm just a beginner trying to build up very simple EAs. At the moment I'm able to build the just using standard indicators for enter or exit conditions. Actually I'm testing a very stupid EA just for practice where the buy enter rule is something like: if...
[Deleted]
Hi All, I have a expert which i need to randomize months to trade in it... Example of what i want is this, if Expert trade this month of initialization, it shouldn't trade the next month, and if next month wasn't traded, it should trade this month...   I just want a Pause in trading months of...
I have encountered this problem. Book says TICKVALUE is in deposit currency. However, practice shows some brokers return the value in other currency than the deposit currency. Moreover, I have seen cases where ie. one CFD's TICKVALUE was in deposit currency, while another's was in base currency....
Hello, maybe some1 can help me with this. I'm testing basket trading strategy , which uses scripts for opening the baskets. Everything worked fine with FXpro broker, but today I've tried to test it with different broker (with .ndd extension). I've changed the scripts for example: EURUSD -->
Hello all,      I need to find all the data/functions available from MT4 client terminal as DDE Server that can be used in an excel sheet. The DDE-sample.xls sheet already display 6 data information using the following syntax: = MT4 | Data ! Symbol  Data  =  BID, ASK, LOW, HIGH, TIMESEC and QUOTE...
How i can to attack the line (orizontal,vertical and point to point) to bar line?   Thanks 
Hi all:   I create a class and want to pass an array of that class as a reference parameter, however, some error shows: "Structure have objects and cannot be copied". The error occurs at the last line of the function "TradeDataBase".  In essence, I want to  create a class to store the history order...
I am sorry to post here, but I am a beginner and I am really stuck. My EA is only 164 lines, so can someone kind please help with me? It can compile without error but it can not run on the backtester of Metatrader4....
The same EA I made can place “OrderModify()” in other brokers, but can’t at 1 broker from the second time of modification. I checked my code and the broker's environment and can confirm no issue in my code. So please note that this topic is to check possible reasons out of code. What are the
[Deleted]
  Qualifier  (2)
Hi Guys,   I'm writing an EA and I stumbled into a problem for my if statement.   I have:   if(something) && (something2){ }   However it won't let me do this, it comes up with an error for && and then if I put just one &, it comes up with errors in subsequent lines which disappear as soon as I...