MT4 Email Configuration

Hi, all

I encountered a problem when configure the email function in MT4. My pc is running behind a firewall and I have alread opened my destination stmp email address as smpt.163.com The SMTP login name and password are all correct. But I still can't success after clicking the Test button. The error message is "Mail: error connecting to smtp.163.com"

So could anybody tell me what's wrong with the email configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Miao

Do you know what port the SMTP server listens on? also I am not sure if MT4 supports SSL so that could be a problem too.

Long story short, the only way I could get mt4 to allow me to send email was to use the Cable's Companies Email Address (instead of my Gmail).

ubzen:
Long story short, the only way I could get mt4 to allow me to send email was to use the Cable's Companies Email Address (instead of my Gmail).

The email address is ok for MT4. I made it without firewall. So I think the problem is about firewall settings.

mbirrell:
Do you know what port the SMTP server listens on? also I am not sure if MT4 supports SSL so that could be a problem too.

I am sure that email address is ok for MT4. The problem may focus on firewall setting.

mbirrell:
It does not, and most servers require it.

KevinMiau:

Hi, all

I encountered a problem when configure the email function in MT4. My pc is running behind a firewall and I have alread opened my destination stmp email address as smpt.163.com The SMTP login name and password are all correct. But I still can't success after clicking the Test button. The error message is "Mail: error connecting to smtp.163.com"

So could anybody tell me what's wrong with the email configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Miao

I had this problem wit my ISP too. But my email alert working fine in VPS.

Reason: